Hey everyone i know this isnt my 1 millionth post on here but i just got some inside info on the New VERIZON WIRELESS Blackberry Pearl Flip. It has just started filtering into Verizon stores. A friend of mine sent me these pics so i figuered i would share it with the rest of you. Granted this is only the pics of the dummy but he has some real ones as well that he wouldnt picture for me. He says the release date is right around the corner

UPDATE GUYS: Usually when they recieve the dummy it means the phone will be out within about 3 weeks so stay posted!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

HOPE THIS HITS THE FRONT PAGE!!!
    Last edited by shotsiekid; 06-03-09 at 02:00 PM.
    06-03-09 10:38 AM
    ...and if it's anything like the T-mobile Flip (more like flop), don't waste your money. This coming from experience. The only good thing about the Flip in the anti-b u t t dialing feature...IMO
    06-03-09 10:41 AM
    What's with the analog phone on these models? I love my Pearl... The flip seemed exciting at first. But now I think its so ugly...UGH.
    06-03-09 10:42 AM
    Looks like ya made the front page Shotsie.
    06-03-09 11:20 AM
    Thanks for this!

Hopefully the 9630 isn't far behind.
    06-03-09 11:28 AM
    ...and if it's anything like the T-mobile Flip (more like flop), don't waste your money. This coming from experience. The only good thing about the Flip in the anti-b u t t dialing feature...IMO
    Thinking about getting this for my wife....not a good idea? She is not a heavy emailer, but texts a lot.
    06-03-09 11:30 AM
    I've had this phone for a while now and it's really grown on me. Probably not the greatest for heavy e-mailers but more than sufficient for texting and occasional e-mail. It looks sleek, fits in the pocket easily and best of all.... no **** dialing. :-)
    06-03-09 11:39 AM
    Thinking about getting this for my wife....not a good idea? She is not a heavy emailer, but texts a lot.
    You may want to consider a BB with a full QWERTY keyboard. SureType is a pain in the arse...at least it was for me.
    06-03-09 11:49 AM
    You may want to consider a BB with a full QWERTY keyboard. SureType is a pain in the arse...at least it was for me.
    If all she is doing primarily is texting the suretype will work just fine for her. I find myself using the suretype more for texting than the full qwerty on my storm. Emails though I will use the full qwerty over the suretype.
    06-03-09 12:09 PM
    what about going from a regular pearl to a pearl flip. worth it if we can get it >$50? two guys in my company have pearls and if these really are an improvement SW and HW wise i will definately move them over.
    06-03-09 12:25 PM
    I agree with gtstang462002, SureType is perfect for texting, it guesses your word and a text is usually short.
    06-03-09 12:36 PM
    It's an upgrade over the 8130, has more memory and a faster CPU. The screen is also larger.
    06-03-09 12:49 PM
    what about going from a regular pearl to a pearl flip. worth it if we can get it >$50? two guys in my company have pearls and if these really are an improvement SW and HW wise i will definately move them over.
    If you're use to the layout of the 81XX series and don't mind the half QWERTY keyboard then the Flip is a great upgrade. The 4.6 OS is a huge improvement along with the looks of the device. Hopefully the Verizon version will include a few updates that the T-Mobile is missing.
    06-03-09 12:54 PM
    I have been waiting for this phone for awhile, but now the tour is coming.....
    06-03-09 12:55 PM
    I was never a huge fan of Suretype either but I never really gave it much of a chance.
    I always wanted a Pearl as an alternate to my Curve due to the size of it. I never got one though. Since I am planning on getting a Tour and it is larger than the Curve this seems to be a more appealing idea than it did before.
    06-03-09 12:57 PM
    I thought the same about the SureType keyboard whenever I would try it out in the store. However, I have found myself using a lot on my Storm. Unless you are typing a lot of proper names, the text prediction is amazing.
    06-03-09 01:16 PM
    Hey everyone i know this isnt my 1 millionth post on here but i just got some inside info on the New VERIZON WIRELESS Blackberry Pearl Flip. It has just started filtering into Verizon stores. A friend of mine sent me these pics so i figuered i would share it with the rest of you. Granted this is only the pics of the dummy but he has some real ones as well that he wouldnt picture for me. He says the release date is right around the corner

HOPE THIS HITS THE FRONT PAGE!!!
    Out of curiousity, I went to that link on the box

And it's asking for a code...

You wouldn't happen to have that now would you?

I'm just curious if there is anything interesting on there.
    06-03-09 01:36 PM
    Suretype is a personal preference for sure! I have had almost every BB there is...including the Bold (which has a great keyboard) But I still use my T-Mobile BB Flip (on AT&T) because I find it VERY easy to type emails on, great size and comfortable to hold. Its not for everyone but if you like clamshell phones and want a BB then this fits the bill. Once you use suretype for a while its really no different then full QWERTY.
    06-03-09 01:50 PM
    Cant give you the code its only for stores/franchises for advertising material
    06-03-09 02:02 PM
    Cant give you the code its only for stores/franchises for advertising material
    I figured as much... but it doesn't hurt to ask
    06-03-09 02:06 PM
    My wife is wants this phone for her first Blackberry, she does alot of texting, she is excited. I myself will retire the 8330 and go on Tour. Does any one think they will release these phones together???
    06-03-09 04:05 PM
    ^^what we know is the tour will be released on or around July 13th, so the possibility seems well, possible
    06-03-09 04:41 PM
    does this have the option of going without the data plan? I was thinking they might since it's alot slower than the other Blackberries.
    06-03-09 08:37 PM
    no. no chance you can get it without data
    06-03-09 08:40 PM
    then I won't waste my time with this phone. Might as well get the tour!
    06-03-09 09:41 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD