You BBM contacts would have you in BBM with your old PINs unless you do another invite. But perhaps it's somehow picked up when you message? Not sure how that works.
    I used BB DM and did a device switch. All my contacts and my BBM group that I moderate were transferred without a problem to my new BBM PIN and I didn't have to resend PIN invites or have another moderator re-add me to the group.

Next time you switch, use the BB DM device switch. You won't have to reinvite. You will need both devices to use it though.
    04-11-11 09:02 AM
    thanks thats nice to know, wait til everyone uses blackberry id, everything will be much easier to transfer, and software updates ota
    04-11-11 10:26 AM
    I had recently bought blackberry and i am looking for kin on it to prevent it from scratches and any other sort of damage.
    04-12-11 03:31 AM
    I had recently bought blackberry and i am looking for kin on it to prevent it from scratches and any other sort of damage.
    Kin on it?
    04-12-11 08:58 AM
    04-12-11 12:05 PM
    HOLY COW!!!! That thing is quick!!!!!
    04-12-11 12:10 PM
    Crazy fast. The Bold/Monaco decision is gonna drive me nuts.
    04-12-11 12:20 PM
    Oh wow. I want to see how fast the browser is on that thing.
    04-12-11 12:36 PM
    Oh wow. I want to see how fast the browser is on that thing.
    Me too, and on just one site: CrackBerry.com.
    04-12-11 09:43 PM
    For current Blackberry users that want a keyboard-less phone this will be right up their
    alley.
    But from what I have seen in the video and pics, so far, while its performance might
    be decent, it still looks a little on the cheap side.

I hope it just the look of the prototypes or the video quality.

If they would put half the effort they seem to be putting into the PlayBook (and more) it might help turn things around.

Tim
    04-12-11 10:04 PM
    Just want to also throw in here - if the Torch 2 performs like this, then I'm back on the fence between it and the Bold Touch. I thought I had just about made up my mind on the BT because of the keyboard. But now, that nice big screen is looking too tough to pass up. :S

Decisions, decisions...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-11 11:13 AM
    For current Blackberry users that want a keyboard-less phone this will be right up their
    alley.
    But from what I have seen in the video and pics, so far, while its performance might
    be decent, it still looks a little on the cheap side.

I hope it just the look of the prototypes or the video quality.

If they would put half the effort they seem to be putting into the PlayBook (and more) it might help turn things around.

Tim
    Personally I don't care how cheap it looks (not that I even feel it does) just as long as I can continue dropping it like all my other previous berries and not have to replace it for any damage other than cosmetic. seriously I dropped my old pearl a few years back about a two story drop. The battery cover came off and battery popped out. Put it back in and it still works to this day. Shiny and sparkly isn't always the best thing.

04-13-11 12:32 PM
    Just want to also throw in here - if the Torch 2 performs like this, then I'm back on the fence between it and the Bold Touch. I thought I had just about made up my mind on the BT because of the keyboard. But now, that nice big screen is looking too tough to pass up. :S

Decisions, decisions...

You will have to use it to know for yourself. I switched from a Storm 2 to a Bold 2, and I don't miss the bigger screen a single bit. In fact, I consider it an upgrade making that move. BB is still known for its keyboards, but I don't know if this will change in the future.
    04-13-11 12:47 PM
    Clearer vid
    bighap and Tri_homie like this.
    04-13-11 02:01 PM
    04-13-11 02:19 PM
    Clearer vid
    NICE!
    Looks like the person's in a retail store? I see a big "Free" sign when they are comparing the size.

And on a bit of a side note, I guess this is called the Torch 9860....according to Engadget hahaha. And all is what they can ***** about is the font choice the guy has it on. What a joke site that is becoming. I used to like reading their articles, watching their "live" show. Now they can't put together a well detailed, thorough, actually took some time to review post. On ANYTHING.
    04-13-11 02:22 PM
    Anyone else see a problem with the names here. We have the torch, bold touch, and touch. Its bad enough that torch and touch only differ by 1 letter. Its gonna get real confusing.

Last edited by The_Engine; 04-13-11 at 04:04 PM.
    04-13-11 03:58 PM
    Anyone else see a problem with the names here. We have the torch, bold touch, and touch. Its bad enough that torch and touch only differ by 1 letter. Its gonna get real confusing.

These are just pre-release names for the sake of identifying the different models ... besides the Torch, I'm sure that's not how they're going to be marketed.
    04-13-11 09:33 PM
    Finally saw the latest video. I wish that one of these guys that get an early hands on knew what they we're doing. How many time are you gonna open the calendar. And keyboard keeps poing up but he never types. Its a BB for pete's sake. Show is the typing now that SurePress is dead!

1magine likes this.
    04-14-11 06:50 AM
    Finally saw the latest video. I wish that one of these guys that get an early hands on knew what they we're doing. How many time are you gonna open the calendar. And keyboard keeps poing up but he never types. Its a BB for pete's sake. Show is the typing now that SurePress is dead!

+1. Great that they got their hands on it but the content of the videos doesn't show us much other than the UI and transitions look fluid.
    04-14-11 08:50 AM

Just a thought, but maybe whoever got it may be banned from showing certain features until it's released to the public? Makes sense to keep us in suspense on most of the features.
    04-14-11 01:04 PM
    That's definately possible coldsunshine. Whoever gave them access to the device may have stipulated what they show and who woupd burn a connection like that. Still how many times did they open the calendar? And how many times did they try to open something that requires a days connection or to be set up.

Open up brickbreaker. I am sure it is there. Or just type a bit. I doubt that showing the keyboard would be an issue.

04-14-11 04:40 PM
    I do like the design of the device. It is different from all the black slabs you see today. I like the bezel and the way that the back curves inward. Gotta be a ***** for case designers though.

Still I think it looks almost cylon like. Make the led float back and forth across the top of the ear speaker when you get an email and it would be total geek heaven.

It looks diffrent in a very compelling way not like say, the droid charge. I think that alone mxt make some sales.

04-14-11 04:48 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD