Hello Everyone,

I am relatively new to this site. I think its great and has replaced many of my trusty reliable websites as the first site i go to first thing in the morning. Im super excited with my new storm. I really don't know why their are any complaints with this phone because i think its the greatest phone i have ever used. Sure its a little quirky at times and their are things that could make it perfect but compared to my Treo 700P its like its made in a different century. So....on to the point if your still reading...

Why do people feel the need to post rude obnoxious responses to people who aren't really familiar with everything Blackberry or this site? Believe it or not there are actually people whose lives don't revolve around their phone.....If someone googles a problem they have and Crackberry comes up of course they are going to try to post something asap so they can get their questions answered. That is kind of the point of a message board isn't it. Social interaction. Dose it really bother people that much to read a post that might have been answered already? And if you have already wasted your time reading it... Why would you waste your time answering it with a rude response? If your going to post a rude response why don't you just take the time to answer the question..I dont know...i just find myself getting more annoyed with people complaining about other people searching than i do when someone might as a stupid or redundant question.

GO STORM!

-KG
    12-17-08 07:44 PM
    I agree with you.

If it were so easy to search the posts, we would have done it already.

These things can be tough to find in such an extensive forum.
    12-17-08 07:45 PM
    Thanks for your post and taking the time to address this issue. I totally agree with you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 07:50 PM
    Excellent post. I try to help out as much as possible and don't post "Use the Search button" If you know the answer post it, if not move on. This is a community forum were people are suppose to help one another.
    12-17-08 07:52 PM
    I am new here but if you use message boards as much as mr the search function is easy too usr

12-17-08 07:54 PM
    Why do people feel the need to post rude obnoxious responses to people who aren't really familiar with everything Blackberry or this site?
    this has been posted many many many times before.
    DO A SEARCH!!!!!!

ROFL!!

I don't know man. I feel the same way. Some people here are very rude, and it seems like "do a search" is the only thing they can type.
    if it bothers them so much, why do they even click on the thread???
    it's beyond me.
    12-17-08 07:55 PM
    I'm tired of all the mudslinging personally and I think it turns others off as well. I look in just about every thread and see the SAME stuff posted over and over with sarcastic remarks or slams on those that agree or disagree with others. Frankly it's sad seeing as it seems like it's grown EXPONENTIALLY since I came here about 2 months ago. I'm not leaving the storm forums as they've helped me multiple times but it seems as if they need their own moderator or something to rule with an iron fist until it's cleaned up and in line. Every page seems to have an "I replaced my storm for this or that" post. I understand that these are ok because they open up healthy discussion on what can be improved, etc. but I have yet to see any of those posts end without fighting and stupid bickering with people saying "My storm is better than your curve/iPhone" with no reasoning. If you're going to say your XXXXX is better than someone else's YYYYY then at least say WHY. Some of the people here act like 10 year olds....and by some I mean a healthy majority.
    12-17-08 07:58 PM
    I totally agree but not everyone is rude. Also as posted above it is a pubic
    Forum so you cannot stop people from posting their rude comments.
    Best is to try and be positive.

12-17-08 07:59 PM
    Your soooooo nice!
    Don't take it personal
    You're a tree hugger aren't u?
    12-17-08 08:00 PM
    Just like any other community, we have all types. Some kinder than others. Just don't take any thing personal. Some people just want to pad their post counts as well. Also it's not so much the regulars either. Look at their join dates and you'll see they were Newbies not to long ago and may have took "Search First" beat down on their first thread.
    12-17-08 08:01 PM
    Agreed. Seems common on alot of forums. Especially ones with young to middle aged men (Seriously). Anybody ever seen the "computer guy" skit on SNL. Same thing going on in these forums. Hopefully somebody gets the hint.

I would also like to add though that overall the site and knowledge base here is great.
    12-17-08 08:03 PM
    I am still green to the site, but I have noticed that on a lot of forums (automotive, electronics, video games) people always complain about reposting. SO WHAT! If I have a question I am going to ask it, not research every thread. I might do a quick search but if nothing strikes me right off the bat there is a good chance there isn't a thread (or it's buried on page 315) I don't always have a lot of free time. plus I get a kick out of the guys that treat forums like scripture...hahahaha
    12-17-08 08:05 PM
    Hope you enjoy the site. It is the best place to be.
    12-17-08 08:06 PM
    Eh, I can see where a lot of people are coming from. There are posts that are duplicates of stuff that's even on the next page. I think the people who've been around the community forever get a little annoyed at how impatient some people are. For example, I've seen a few posts recently with people bumping their OWN post less than 30 minutes after they posted it! It's a forum, not a chatroom.

There's basic etiquette that needs to be observed on forums, and if some of the helpful 'regulars' are turned off by the floods of garbage because a million people are asking the same questions, not reading the sticky posts, not searching... well then it all suffers.

Now, rudeness is another issue entirely, but like I said I think I can at least see both sides of the issue.

Just my thoughts!
    12-17-08 08:08 PM
    This sort of thing happens in every forum community. The so called regulars of the forums grow tired of the newbies posting the same thing over and over again and instead of just ignoring them or actually helping they feel the need to be an *** about it to make the newbie feel inferior. Board whores is what I like to call them. It ups their numBers too.

12-17-08 08:10 PM
    Its the same on virtually every forum I am a member. Some guy has a question, does a search, or not, then posts the question.

In varibly, some schmuck is going to post do a search. Oh, but it has to be in all caps too...

In and of itself, telling me to do a search, while unhelpful, isn't quite as rude as the fine fellows who add insults insisting that my searching skills are not adequate enough to find the answer on my own.

However, if you type in Reboot Storm, asking how I reboot my storm, all you will get in return is post after post about the issue of rebooting Storms, not HOW TO.
    12-17-08 08:11 PM
    Not to totally disagree with the OP and others, but there is a reason why many people get upset with so many re-posts. For many people here they take time, effort and some amount of pride in carefully answering a question, and they hope it can be easily found by subsequent users. When the Storm site hits 300-500 pages and 200 pages are re-posts, it is a bit frustrating, because it buries really good information in an avalanche of re-posts where very often a "newbie" will only find mis-information or a dead end.
    12-17-08 08:12 PM
    Eh, I can see where a lot of people are coming from. There are posts that are duplicates of stuff that's even on the next page. I think the people who've been around the community forever get a little annoyed at how impatient some people are. For example, I've seen a few posts recently with people bumping their OWN post less than 30 minutes after they posted it! It's a forum, not a chatroom.

There's basic etiquette that needs to be observed on forums, and if some of the helpful 'regulars' are turned off by the floods of garbage because a million people are asking the same questions, not reading the sticky posts, not searching... well then it all suffers.

Now, rudeness is another issue entirely, but like I said I think I can at least see both sides of the issue.

Just my thoughts!
    I tend to agree, but I do think the some people tend to cross the "rudeness" line far too often.
    12-17-08 08:15 PM
    I agree with your post. I always try and search everything as well but sometimes come up short with what I looking for exactly... I dread posting a new thread as I know someone is gonna respond with you know what.

The fact is I and probably most people in this forum greatly appreciate the help we get here. Whether the issue is small or big I have always been able to get the help and information I need and that means a whole lot. Thanks to all the pros here!

I see nothing wrong with posting a question if you have done a search and simply aren't satisfied with what your finding. I think most of the negative responders are individuals that simply don't believe the searches are actually being done. Honestly, there probably are individuals who post without searching but if they are new let's seriously cut them some slack guys... Great post as I do believe this issue needed to be addressed.

I LOVE MY STORM!!!!!
    12-17-08 08:15 PM
    I do want to say not everyone posts with that response..

I have at times notified the person that there is a search feature along with the answer to there question..

If the person ends up using search they might find things that help them that they may have not even known to search for.

I on the other hand realize that putting the answer in every question is better. It makes search even more effective if the answer is in every thread that comes up in the search

I also don't mind helping people
    12-17-08 08:18 PM
    Not to totally disagree with the OP and others, but there is a reason why many people get upset with so many re-posts. For many people here they take time, effort and some amount of pride in carefully answering a question, and they hope it can be easily found by subsequent users. When the Storm site hits 300-500 pages and 200 pages are re-posts, it is a bit frustrating, because it buries really good information in an avalanche of re-posts where very often a "newbie" will only find mis-information or a dead end.
    If it were only that simple. If I know the answer, I answer it. If I know where a better answer lies, I post the link. I do not, however, scream Do A Search and offer up the Original Poster's questionable heritage.
    12-17-08 08:19 PM
    I am a member at a mustang forum and i myself will reply with the "use the search, this has been discussed in detail many times" response every so often. On this board there is a huge amount of traffic. If you work all day and then come home, you will have 7+ pages of new replies in that 8-10 hour period to try and look through to maybe try and provide answers, find new info etc. probably 60-70% of those threads are reposts of commonly asked and answered questions

Encouraging people to try and find the answers on their own gets them familar with the search and how to make it work well for them. So they dont make a new thread on how to change the ringer or something.

I understand both sides very well as i am new the blackberries and the storm. But so far all my questions have been answer in multiple posts and i have found them by using the search for the most part.
    12-17-08 08:23 PM
    I agree! I see double triple posts all the time. If I don't want to post I don't. I would never get on a newbie because he/she has a question that needs to be answered. Yes the answer may be found with little searching but who cares. Its not that serious. I am a firm believer of the saying "treat others how you would like to be treated." If everyone would think like that the world would. Probally be a better place. Good post KGcatch22!

12-17-08 08:26 PM
    Eh, I can see where a lot of people are coming from. There are posts that are duplicates of stuff that's even on the next page. I think the people who've been around the community forever get a little annoyed at how impatient some people are.
    you do have a point...but like its been said many times before, these people don't have to click on the thread. but the ones that do...and insult right off the bat...they do it on purpose.

so, when you read something and it doesn't pertain to anything but crap, then move on and don't respond. i guarantee if they don't get a response they will move on.
    12-17-08 08:33 PM
    I think the most frustrating part of it is that the people who simply respond with "Do a Search!" are actually making the problem worse.

If you do a search because your Storm suddenly displays "SIM Card Rejected", you're going to find a TON of posts...but, a lot of these posts DON'T have the answer...just pissed off people telling the OP to DO A SEARCH!!

If you're going to go through the trouble of posting a reply, I think you could use some common courtesy and answer the OP's question...and you can suggest that, in the future, they should make an effort to search and see if the question has been raised previously before creating a new post.

Along these same lines, what drives me nuts is people who create a thread with a STATEMENT as a title when they're asking a QUESTION.

You find a thread with the title "**Plasmic 4.7 Release out!**"....you open the thread and it reads "Hey, doesn't anyone know when Plasmic 4.7 is due out?...I'm really anxious to create some new themes!!"

Errrg.
    12-17-08 08:39 PM
222 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD