Greetings,

I have come upon a great live-webcam software product that allows you to view AND HEAR your webcam from your cellphone. It is called "LiveStream" and it's awesome.

I found the program on Getjar.com and converted the files to work with blackberries and packaged it for storage. Then I thought, why not share this with everyone. So I then re-packaged it for distribution and uploaded it to Mediafire.

It is located here: Livestream.zip

The zipfile contains the files you need to install the application on your blackberry via Desktop manager, And it also contains the software you need to have on the computer to interface with your webcam.

After installing the software on your blackberry and your computer/laptop you will have to go to the website LiveStream - expanding mobility and register.

After registering, you can then start the software on your computer and select your webcam (Or if you only have one it will select it for you).

Then fire up the software on your blackberry and enter the email address and password that you used to register with. The blackberry software will list all of the available cameras (That are public and listed. Mine is in there too... )

*You also have the option of entering your registration/login info on the website and viewing your webcam from there.*

Select your camera from the list and VIOLA...live webcam feed direct to your blackberry.
    You can select to capture the video and audio to a location on your computer if you want to keep the feed.
    You can also enable and disable streaming audio from your phone or computer.

And the best thing... ITS FREE!!!

Dm
    Last edited by Detman101; 06-24-08 at 12:54 PM. Reason: added info on streaming audio...
    06-24-08 12:26 PM
    Does it stream audio as well?
    06-24-08 12:50 PM
    Yes, it streams audio as well.
    You have the option of disabling it from your phone or from your computer.
    I have the audio on my cam disabled for security purposes.

Dm
    06-24-08 12:53 PM
    Dangit, my camera won't connect anymore.

WTF...I think someone blocked the port this software communicates on in my network.

Grrr...
    Dm
    06-24-08 03:32 PM
    WOOHOO! My camera works again!

Dm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-08 09:01 PM
    Pretty cool if you wana see whos on your machine while your away.
    06-24-08 11:51 PM
    So this is basically for remote monitoring what you webcam sees. Or is there other uses?
    06-25-08 12:38 AM
    So this is basically for remote monitoring what you webcam sees. Or is there other uses?
    It would make a good nanny-cam it you're like me and paranoid about what goes on in your house while you're gone.
    06-25-08 02:56 AM
    Works good, picture is horribly pixelated on my BB though.
    06-25-08 04:02 AM
    Yes, this is great nannycam software also. The quality is pretty good if you have a good camera.
    Supposedly the paid services offer an increase in quality but I haven't seen any paid cams yet.

Another kewl thing about this is that you can log onto other peoples cameras thru your phone. So like, if 5 friends with berries wanted to contact each other they could feasibly communicate via video conference.

Dm

06-25-08 05:39 AM
    DM you are the man.
    I have to try this!!
    06-25-08 05:50 AM
    Thanks for the tip!
    06-25-08 02:20 PM
    Try something new

live-stream.net
    07-04-08 08:29 AM
    Try something new

live-stream.net
    Thank you for the great service!

Dm
    07-07-08 10:37 AM
    Is there a reason my application loader is telling my the .alx file "no additional applications designed for your device were found " - this is the message i get when i try and load it on my blackberry. ??? any suggestions anyone ?
    08-26-08 02:36 AM
    I believe there is a thread in the how to section on the subject of that error.

08-26-08 06:28 AM
    Is there a reason my application loader is telling my the .alx file "no additional applications designed for your device were found " - this is the message i get when i try and load it on my blackberry. ??? any suggestions anyone ?
    Are you loading the software OTA from the website?

Dm
    08-26-08 02:54 PM
    any reason the web site for live stream is down? I get error, page not found for live-stream.net
    09-14-08 06:33 PM
    How would you unsubscribe to live-stream.net????
    09-18-08 04:49 AM
    THey appear to have their own Blackberry client?
    09-18-08 08:22 AM
    I am looking for a live web cam that is used phone to phone like you see on the news and such does any one know where and how i can get that to download onto my blackberry curve 8830?
    11-02-08 08:47 PM
    I used live-stream on my curve previously and it worked very well. I decided to install it to my bold now but DM does not recopnize it. I remember that the OTA file never worked before. I was looking for that tread that stoneryno mentioned but can't find it; it's no longer on the how to
    Last edited by jmbel13; 11-30-08 at 05:42 PM. Reason: missspelling
    11-30-08 05:40 PM
    I tried the bb client and it installed on my bb. I can see the icon but when I open it I get an error message. Something about voice comand?

12-01-08 07:38 AM
    I will have to try this out.

Nice Sig btw:

"Family, Guitars and Crackberries galore..."
    12-01-08 08:08 AM
    Does anybody have this working on a bold? If so, ** did install it? And where from?

12-01-08 07:14 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD