I'm looking for opinions on the best free weather applications for any BB 8700 or above. Any opinions, critiques, and download locations would be appreciated. Thanks.
    01-04-08 04:10 PM
    BBWeather, hands down.
    01-04-08 04:25 PM
    I'm using BBWeather. It's a great little program.
    01-04-08 07:35 PM
    Ditto on BBWeather - love it.

Download OTA here: http://blackberrytools.sourceforge.n.../BBWeather.jad
    01-04-08 07:37 PM
    YUP! BBWeather! Free and easy, what more could you ask for?

Click
    01-04-08 07:52 PM
    BB Weather says "Error: Something about not having a profile." then continues to lock up my device requiring a battery pull.

Any ideas?
    01-04-08 09:08 PM
    Follow these steps EXACTLY and your device shouldn't lock up:

1 - Click on the new BBWeather icon.

2 - Since no locations are set up yet, you'll receive an error that there are no profiles set up, just click OK with the trackball.

3 - Press the trackball (NOT the Menu button) and click Options.

4 - Press the Menu key and click Add.

5 - For all US locations, use the zip code for the Location. Use this for zip codes you don't know, or for non-US zip codes:

ASP.NET Resources - Determine location ID for the weather server control

6 - Enter a description name (i.e., LA, Orlando, New York).

7 - You can keep the Forecast Days at 5, or increase it up to 10 days.

8 - If you would like the temp displayed in Fahrenheit, leave the Units as 'Standard'. For Celsius, change it to 'Metric'.

9 - Click OK to save.

Press the Menu button and Close/Save to back out.
    01-04-08 09:13 PM
    I'm getting a mess, invalid url parameter.

Never mind got it.
    Last edited by zerog32; 01-04-08 at 10:38 PM.
    01-04-08 10:35 PM
    Go in BBWeather, then into Options. Uncheck the MDS Proxy setting and you should be good to go.
    01-04-08 10:36 PM
    Go in BBWeather, then into Options. Uncheck the MDS Proxy setting and you should be good to go.
    I actully had to check it for it to work.
    01-04-08 10:39 PM
    Aha....good. I don't have my BB in front of me *GASP*, but I knew it was something with that setting ;-)

Glad it's working.
    01-04-08 10:40 PM
    Aha....good. I don't have my BB in front of me *GASP*, but I knew it was something with that setting ;-)

Glad it's working.

How do you live.... LOL...
    01-04-08 10:43 PM
    It's all the way in the other room and I don't feel like getting up.

And Ferris Beuller is on TV -the part where he's singing 'Twist & Shout' during the parade. Can't miss that.
    01-04-08 10:45 PM
    Ya gotta give that one to ya ... that's the best part of the movie.
    01-04-08 10:49 PM
    I'll have to give BB Weather a shot, but Office Space beats out Ferris hands down.
    01-04-08 10:57 PM
    Putting in zip code for location and it's not working - any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-08 12:16 AM
    Use this link. type in the name of the city you want, NOT THE ZIP CODE, and it will give you the Location ID code. If you type in the zip code it will give you the zip code back as the location ID and this will not work.

ASP.NET Resources - Determine location ID for the weather server control

Bob
    01-05-08 07:15 AM
    you can go to WxSys and get a weather app that will give you radars if you are into that.
    01-05-08 11:48 AM
    Follow these steps EXACTLY and your device shouldn't lock up:

1 - Click on the new BBWeather icon.

2 - Since no locations are set up yet, you'll receive an error that there are no profiles set up, just click OK with the trackball.

3 - Press the trackball (NOT the Menu button) and click Options.

4 - Press the Menu key and click Add.

5 - For all US locations, use the zip code for the Location. Use this for zip codes you don't know, or for non-US zip codes:

6 - Enter a description name (i.e., LA, Orlando, New York).

7 - You can keep the Forecast Days at 5, or increase it up to 10 days.

8 - If you would like the temp displayed in Fahrenheit, leave the Units as 'Standard'. For Celsius, change it to 'Metric'.

9 - Click OK to save.

Press the Menu button and Close/Save to back out.
    I love you! I was always hitting the Menu button and then it would lock up my BB 8830. It's now working perfectly thanks to your amazing instructions.
    01-05-08 10:10 PM
    Yay! Now you know if you need a coat, shorts, or parka for the day.
    01-05-08 10:13 PM
    The Canadian winter's aren't so bad these days, it's hovering around 29F. Warm
    01-05-08 10:53 PM
    Ok...so I followed the setup instructions given earlier by juwaack (thanks, by the way) and was able to enter in my location. I saved what I did and then received an 'Error: Invalid url parameter' prompt. Under 'options', the 'Disable MDS Proxy' option is already unchecked. Just for kicks, I checked the 'Disable MDS' box to see whether mine would work as it did for zerog32, but I instead got a whole new error prompt: 'Error: Invalid tunnel name'. Any ideas?
    01-05-08 11:34 PM
    What carrier are you using? You'll need to enter the appropriate carrier apn info under Options >Advanced Options >TCP
    01-05-08 11:43 PM
    Well...the 8830 is from Verizon (soon to be returned since my employer is purchasing a brand new one for me through VZW and I'm within the return window on the one I have), while the Curve I just got yesterday is through T-Mo. I checked the APN for both Berrys and there's nothing entered for APN, Username for APN or Password for APN. Where/how would I find that info (T-Mo's specifically)?
    01-06-08 12:03 AM
    This will help with those settings:

Carrier specific APN/TCP settings - BlackBerryFAQ
    01-06-08 12:04 AM
80 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD