Finally! The much anticipated Beejive update is here!

Change log, from their forum:

What's new:
    - file transfers via link, you can now transfer files to buddies on all IM accounts.
    - push when app running in background (see preferences in app).
    - send voice notes
    - send GPS location (if supported by phone)
    - new chat styles & background images
    - new buddy list layouts
    - improved battery life
    - overall UI redesign
    - various other bug fixes & enhancements

This is beta software and not a production release. Bugs and defects are to be expected! Please report any defects in this forum.

This beta is NOT for the Storm - a new Storm build is coming soon. This beta is also not supported on devices with OS's below 4.2.1

Please uninstall your old version, restart the phone, and use the link below to install the latest beta.
    Get it here OTA and DM available
    09-16-09 12:30 PM
    lol i guess you beat me to it..
    09-16-09 12:37 PM
    let me try this out
    09-16-09 01:01 PM
    About f-in' time.

Beejive has been really really really slow to respond, if anything. Look on their forums - they've been virtually ignoring Blackberry users since the iPhone launch, and despite paying more for the software, we've been left high and dry.
    09-16-09 02:16 PM
    About f-in' time.

Beejive has been really really really slow to respond, if anything. Look on their forums - they've been virtually ignoring Blackberry users since the iPhone launch, and despite paying more for the software, we've been left high and dry.
    It would appear that way wouldn't it.......Beejive is dropping the ball on it's Blackberry users....for $30 I think it's fair to expect better service from them, especially when there are similar apps available for free..
    09-16-09 02:22 PM
    If I had it to do over again, I would have gone IM+. Beejive really put on a seminar on how not to do customer service.
    09-16-09 02:24 PM
    If I had it to do over again, I would have gone IM+. Beejive really put on a seminar on how not to do customer service.
    Agreed. Honestly, I don't even care that its late. I'd rather they get it right than rush it out the door with bugs, because then they'll catch a lot of flak for having a buggy release. it's a catch22

The problem is severe lack of communication. All it would have taken is a few minutes of their time to post some updates on it along the way, and I bet everyone would be happy.

I'm willing to give them a last chance, as I do think it's one of the best clients out there. But if they don't get it right this time, or at least communicate, it's going to be bye-bye-beejive.
    09-16-09 02:28 PM
    So is anybody else experiencing hardcore lag with this new version? Every time I open the app when I get an IM, it lags for forever before finally opening, and it lags when I'm typing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 02:28 PM
    I'm not feelin the new version...too many bugs.
    09-16-09 02:45 PM
    This version is giving me too many problem and a huge headache.

09-16-09 02:54 PM
    I can't believe after all this time they aren't releasing an OFFICIAL version yet. Maybe their focusing all of their development towards the CHEAPER iPhone version. Why do we pay $30 & iPhone users pay $10 again...? SMH
    09-16-09 03:03 PM
    I can't believe after all this time they aren't releasing an OFFICIAL version yet. Maybe their focusing all of their development towards the CHEAPER iPhone version. Why do we pay $30 & iPhone users pay $10 again...? SMH
    Competition.
    09-16-09 03:14 PM
    So is anybody else experiencing hardcore lag with this new version? Every time I open the app when I get an IM, it lags for forever before finally opening, and it lags when I'm typing.

LAGGGGG LAG LAG. nothing but LAG in the new version. I went back to the previous version
    09-16-09 03:45 PM
    Sheeesh! Glad to see all your posts... In the time between me sending the link to my 8900 and waiting for it to appear there, I saw all the posts about LAG in this version -- which is the last thing I want to deal with. Think I'll delete the link before even downloading or trying this! Thanks for sharing your experiences here...saved me some time!
    09-16-09 03:58 PM
    Its not working with berrybuzz also, with LED notification. I tried battery pull, set repeat notification to none and even left beejive on repeat, still doesn't work and I get those java errors.

09-16-09 04:16 PM
    I really really really want to love this version despite all the bugs it has (it is a beta release that has almost been rewritten after all); however it logs me out of AIM rather than switching over to push notification facebook stays connected just fine tho. I hope there is a quick fix soon!

09-16-09 04:31 PM
    I tried it and didnt like it. You can use the trackball to right and left to page down anymore. Went back to previous version.
    09-16-09 04:48 PM
    Any screenshots of the new UI?
    09-16-09 04:52 PM
    Update: I am infact getting push IMs (they go into the email inbox and are immidetally grabbed by Beejive). But the logout issue is still there.

09-16-09 04:53 PM
    if my 30 days has already expired, is there anyway i can use this?
    09-16-09 05:29 PM
    if my 30 days has already expired, is there anyway i can use this?
    Not unless you buy it.

09-16-09 05:35 PM
    Any screenshots of the new UI?
    Not too different, the BB menu has (finally) been pared down, chat backgrounds and chat bubble colors are customizable. Basically what the iPhone got like 6 months ago.
    09-16-09 05:54 PM
    Im having the LED alert issues as well, THe initial color is the one i set to, then it is a constant red.
    Also, my Popup alert in background mode, although selected, is not functioning. Ive also noticed a bit more lag when using this v as opposed to the previous one (1.1.2). No issues with being dual logged on AIM or any other accounts though. Will keep posting.
    Last edited by Noctem; 09-16-09 at 06:38 PM. Reason: more specific information
    09-16-09 06:18 PM
    I can't even get it to open on my tour running 5.0.0.191
    09-16-09 07:17 PM
    I can't even get it to open on my tour running 5.0.0.191
    OS 5.0 is not supported
    09-16-09 07:21 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD