To those not familiar with Leave It On, you can read about it here: Leave It On-Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

Anyone can test out this beta, Im looking for feedback from all devices.

2.00 has been officially released now: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/lea...op-ups-465266/

UPDATE: April 29 - Regular Build .66

----------------------------------------------------------
    - added popuptimeout options 300 seconds and 600
    - Groups dont alert in BBM now
    - Smaller font on display sizes 320 and under
    - other bug fixes

UPDATE: April 15 - Regular Build .64
    Added support crunchSMS & Empower ThreadedSMS
    Added an option to turn on/off SPACE key from launching app when pop-up is displayed
    Fixed bug with multiple popups
    Fix Beejive will can now be launched through pop-up
    Changed the "test pop-up" button, now allows you to preview all types of pop-ups
    Fixed bug when new IM+ conversation was started pop-up would not launch IM+

UPDATE: April 12 - Regular Build .60
    Add: Popup disabled during standby on newer OS 5.0.0.5xx builds
    Fix: Password Keeper now shows in list
    Change: UI improvements
    Add: WhatsApp, Skype, Social Scope, Facebook
    Add: Pop-up icons for all apps that are included
    Add: For Storm clicking popup will now launch app (SMS will not work)
    Add: Help option (still have to complete help page)
    There probably more, but I can't remember now
    Please see additonal notes in this post: BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com - View Single Post - Leave It On 2.00 Open Beta - Now with animated popups and more!
    IF you are running build .19+ before upgrading go into Leave It On and in the menu select "ShutDown Leave It On"
    UPDATE: April 10 - Regular Build .49
    Re-done UI see here for details: BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com - View Single Post - Leave It On 2.00 Open Beta - Now with animated popups and more!
    Pop-up animation smoother now
    Added bottom border to Pop-up
    Added "Test Pop-up" button
    Added IM+ and Beejive (Beejive will not launch through pop-up)
    UPDATE: April 6 - Regular Build .31
    Added new option to disable pop-ups when a specific app is foreground (useful for other lock apps, ie patternlock, ultimate lock etc).
    Added simple interface so that other developers can use Leave It Ons pop-ups in their applications.

It is triggered by global events:

Code:
    Object C1 = "Twitter Mention";
    Object C2 = "My app";
    ApplicationManager.getApplicationManager().postGlobalEvent(0xe35ad26f8ea37dbcL, 0, 1, C1, C2);
    First object being the message type, second being the "From".

And the major new feature, which I dont have a name for just yet, so give me your ideas

This video shows how pop-ups work, sorry for the low quality I threw it together real quick:

Mobile link:

The popups are configurable, you can set the text colour and how long you want it to display on screen. You can dismiss the popup by pressing ESC, and iufyou press SPACE it will launch the app associated with the pop-up.

Apps which are currently supported for popups:
    e-mail, SMS, BBM, BBM Groups, Gmail (app), Ubertwitter, Official RIM Twitter client, Windows Live Messenger, AIM, ICQ, Yahoo Messenger, Beejive, IM+, Social Scope, Skype, WhatsApp, Facebook

Download Link (All devices): http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/lea...op-ups-465266/

If you have a previous version you can install over top of it.

Thanks to brianjr88 (check his stuff out here http://forums.crackberry.com/f123/3d...l-bb-s-430516/ ) for creating the animated icons for me.
    And to MADBRADNYC, w_bovine, & Blacklatino for doing a little pre beta testing for me.

03-28-10 04:22 PM
    This app is nice, an bro no prob on me doin the 3D for ya good to see it all works an looks nice

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-10 04:50 PM
    Nice app. One thing I did notice is that if I'm in an app and get an sms, pressing space just clears the popup instead of taking me to the inbox. If I get a bbm it will open bbm for me.

Yes I did a bat bull after install.

One thing I just noticed is that if I'm mid-sentence and get a bbm the popup will clear from pressing any key, eliminating the usefulness of the popup. Maybe set a key, maybe Back, to clear the popup instead of any key.

03-28-10 05:06 PM
    Nice app. One thing I did notice is that if I'm in an app and get an sms, pressing space just clears the popup instead of taking me to the inbox. If I get a bbm it will open bbm for me.

Yes I did a bat bull after install.

One thing I just noticed is that if I'm mid-sentence and get a bbm the popup will clear from pressing any key, eliminating the usefulness of the popup. Maybe set a key, maybe Back, to clear the popup instead of any key.
    Right now SPACE does nothing for SMS, but it will work for BBM/e-mail. Reason being is RIM doesnt allow developers to open the SMS inbox for some reason. Ive got a workaround, but the best way to describe it is a "hack", so Ive left it out for now...

I debated with that, on the best method of dismissing the popup, still trying to decide which method to go with.
    03-28-10 05:21 PM
    The animated popups are sweet! I really like the animation.

I already have BerryPopup for my emails and SMS, so I only used the animated popups for BBM. It'd be cool if you could add the name of the person who BBM-ed you on the popup, and also make the transparency of the popup user customizable maybe? and I would really really love it if I could choose to make the popup stay forever until I've opened the message (instead of max. 45 seconds).

Good job anyhow!
    03-28-10 05:46 PM
    Looks cool man!

And I know what you mean about wishing you had that one extra api to do that one obvious thing...

Keep up the good work bro.
    03-28-10 05:54 PM
    I've had this app for awhile thanks for the update will DL now .
    03-28-10 06:07 PM
    Love this app!!!
    03-28-10 06:33 PM
    Sweet.
    I noticed there's an option to enter a registration code in the beta; is it a week trial or something?

03-28-10 06:43 PM
    if i buy the app from mobihand, the code works on the beta, just like with the wallpaper changer one ?

thx
    pd1the animated popup won me over :P)
    pd2: do you know if the animated popup has any conflict with berry popupp ?
    03-28-10 06:43 PM
    Sweet.
    I noticed there's an option to enter a registration code in the beta; is it a week trial or something?
    If will run for 3 days without a code. But anyone who does not have a code and provides (useful) feedback will get a free code once the beta is up.
    03-28-10 06:56 PM
    if i buy the app from mobihand, the code works on the beta, just like with the wallpaper changer one ?

thx
    pd1the animated popup won me over :P)
    pd2: do you know if the animated popup has any conflict with berry popupp ?
    Yes the code will work.

With berry popup Leave It On should display its popup first then berry popup should come after.
    03-28-10 06:57 PM
    shao, i am probably thinking waaaay out of the box for this, and maybe this isnt the way you wanted this app to work...but...lets say an sms comes up...and you want to see it, maybe have a button you can push that will take you directly to the sms app so that you can view it

another was...have you thought about maybe having an option to select whether or not you want to have the actual body of the message show up on the popup? or maybe just part of the message?

i noticed that if the phone is on lock/standby, and a popup comes up, it automatically unlocks but doesnt lock back up. is this how it was designed?

ive been using this app for about 10 mins and already LOVING it

thanks!
    Last edited by RGunturi; 03-28-10 at 07:06 PM.
    03-28-10 07:02 PM
    I like the popup the way it is really. It's quite useful and much less intrusive if I'm in the middle of something else.

The thing that makes me smile most...it now works properly while my 9700 is being charged...the backlight times out normally as it should. Happy happy!
    03-28-10 07:10 PM
    Maybe make it so the popup can change color as well as the text? A vibrate option would be cool too. And like has been said, the popup staying up would be cool.
    One problem that I've noticed though: I keep getting an error message when I open and close the program. It says "Uncaught exception: close() called when not displayed"
    No clue what it means, and there don't seem to be any problems related to it. Just wanted to let you know.

03-28-10 07:33 PM
    Wooo HOOOO!!! my back light goes off while charging!!! Yippie!! I am a happy camper. I love the pop up and the animation also, very handy.

Arlene
    03-28-10 07:39 PM
    Two other things: make the text size adjustable, and also, an option for how long the backlight is on after each click (rather than just a set time).
    Sweet app.

03-28-10 07:41 PM
    I like the popup the way it is really. It's quite useful and much less intrusive if I'm in the middle of something else.
    I agree, very unobtrusive, but informative. I use it as a BerryPopUp "preview" so to speak. On my device, LIO is set to show for just 4 secs, then BerryPopUp shows directly after. So I can decide how I want to handle the email/sms before/as soon as the popup shows. Great utility!

The thing that makes me smile most...it now works properly while my 9700 is being charged...the backlight times out normally as it should. Happy happy!
    Yeah... With all of the great new features, I tend to forget that this is primarily a backlight utility. I have always used it to keep my backlight on always when plugged in. A function for any user. Cool.

Animations are awesome Brianjr1988!
    03-28-10 07:43 PM
    ok, installed, lets see how it goes.

pd: something you might wanna add (to the wallpaper changer app too xD) is a settings backup options, like other apps are doing now XD )
    03-28-10 07:51 PM
    Been using it for about 2 minutes and love it. The animations are great, and good to see that the test messages I've sent to myself didn't cause the phone to lag. I'll check back in for more feedback after I've tested it some more.
    Great job!
    03-28-10 07:52 PM
    This is sick! Love the animation and the fact that it doesn't interfere with Berry Popup or vice versa. Nice job.
    03-28-10 08:36 PM
    Wow, this is great. Admittedly I was skeptical whether I'd like it to do more than just be an app that controls the backlight, but I really like the popup notifications! To clarify, I loved the 1.x version and didn't think there'd be much left to add.

I perhaps wouldn't mind the ability to customize the popup position, popup size, etc at bit more but certainly am happy with it as is.

Looking forward to the next versions and release.
    03-28-10 08:49 PM
    is there any way/chance popular twitter apps (official, uber, tweetgenius, to name some :P) can be added ? or is it too much trouble ? :P
    03-28-10 08:50 PM
    realluy love the pop ups.......would love the option to make the pop up stay on until a key is pressed?
    03-28-10 08:52 PM
    actually if the pop up could be tweeked,i wouldnt need to use themes with hidden today anymore
    03-28-10 08:54 PM
444 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD