When I type letters tend to enter twice. My 9700 never did. This. See it just entered a period! Due to new jeyboard as I noticed the new bold is harder to type on.

Anyone else having these issues? Am with rogers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-11 02:11 PM
    When I type letters tend to enter twice. My 9700 never did. This. See it just entered a period! Due to new jeyboard as I noticed the new bold is harder to type on.

Anyone else having these issues? Am with rogers.
    Don't worry, you are not alone. More than 90% of the 9780 users are facing this issue!! It's due to inferior QC @ RIM's manufacturing sites. There is already a thread dedicated to this issue. Please refer to it and things will clear out for you.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f219/how-many-users-not-experiencing-double-key-input-issue-573434/

Hope it helps

03-11-11 02:34 PM
    I really doubt its anywhere close to 90% or probably not even 10%. I have 2 9780 and they both work flawlessly. One white one and one black.
    As far a fix goes many users took the phone back and had it exchanged.
    03-11-11 02:41 PM
    I really doubt its anywhere close to 90% or probably not even 10%. I have 2 9780 and they both work flawlessly. One white one and one black.
    Probably higher than 10% when you consider that some users have gone through 4+ replacements before getting an acceptable phone....
    03-11-11 02:55 PM
    I'm on my 2nd 9780 after having the first one since nov w that issue it just got progressivly worse I cave and got a new one yest and I have no stutter key issue woohoo!!!

I didn't have to pay any $ because I have insurance on my phone

03-11-11 05:28 PM
    I'm on my 2nd 9780 after having the first one since nov w that issue it just got progressivly worse I cave and got a new one yest and I have no stutter key issue woohoo!!!
    Well, Congratulations; Keep your fingers crossed and hope that this one doesn't get hit by the "progressively" curse.

03-11-11 08:55 PM
    I went through a few before but none had the issue. This one is flawless build wise but after upgrading the OS I do get the double input periodically. Kinda sucks that I'm gonna get a refurb but I'm gonna hold out a bit longer before I do another swap.

03-11-11 11:25 PM
    Hi,

I also heard about this, it is for particular Dec 10 manufactured set only.

Last week I got Feb 11 mfg BB 9780 and no issue in it.
    03-11-11 11:33 PM
    I don't think it's a coincidence, but ever since I down loaded the current version of OS 6.0 I have been getting double letters when I type. It never happened before I down loaded the new version.
    05-08-11 10:48 PM
    Hi,

I also heard about this, it is for particular Dec 10 manufactured set only.

Its also the Nov 10 manufactured devices ( Hungary 2) that have this problem.
    In fact my Dec 10 replacement works fine.
    Its more with PIN's starting with 23 and 25 on the 9780. 26 seem to be safe.
    05-09-11 05:26 AM
    mine is feb 11 and i have the problem. should i send it back to blackberry, replacements fixing the problem?
    05-10-11 12:54 AM
    Any other known ways to fix this? I set the keyb input to slow, changed the font but this is getting worse and worse over time... This is so sad. I rremember my Palm Pre Plus had this issue and another three replacements too.

06-25-11 11:41 AM
    I agree.

90% is very unrealistic.
    06-26-11 03:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD