Method 1 - ALL Carriers (Desktop Manager 5 works, not sure about 6)

Requirement #1 you need an unlocked 9800.

Note: 3g will not work on t-mobile, you can enable UMA after this procedure though.

This method requires that you already have a blackberry on your particular carrier. (or access to one).

1. Switch your SIM into your old device, Register on the network and push your servicebooks to ensure you have the latest (I used a T-Mobile 9700)
    (THIS IS CRITICAL, make sure the SIM is in your old phone. You will not have the necessary Browserconfig SB if you skip this step and therefore still won't be able to surf the web. Do not skip this even if it seems pointless, activate your old blackberry!. Some people skipped it and wondered why the process didn't work...)

2. Go into options, advanced, servicebooks - HOLD THE ALT KEY and type SBEB. This will enable Legacy servicebook restore mode which allows you to backup/restore ALL of your servicebooks (Not just the ones RIM allows you to backup).

3. In Desktop Manager, plug in your 9700 (or whatever you used), go to backup-restore/advanced, on the right hand side select the servicebooks on your 9700 and press the "Left Arrow" to copy them to your PC. On the left hand side highlight the newly copied servicebooks, click file/save and name them something, 9800Servicebook for example, and save the file to the desktop. You've just made a COMPLETE BACKUP of your carriers servicebooks.

4. Switch your SIM back into the 9800, go to options/servicebooks, HOLD THE ALT KEY and type SBEB to enable Legacy SB restore mode.

5. Plug the 9800 into DM and restore the servicebooks that you just created using backup-restore/advanced.

6. Rebewt and bob's ur uncle, working for all carriers. (if MMS is still tiny, it's bc the 9800 isn't identified on the network as a supported device).

IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE YOUR SERVICEBOOK FILE PUBLIC FOR OTHER USERS, MAKE SURE YOU DELETE YOUR PERSONAL EMAIL SERVICEBOOKS BEFORE YOU MAKE THE BACKUP.

Thanks to "duck383" for these Desktop Manager 6 instructions.

To get the service books using Desktop Manager 6 (Enable Legacy Servicebook Restore Mode first, alt+SBEB)

1). load DM
    2). on left side select DEVICE
    3). Device Options
    4). Select Custom, select Service Books
    Desktop Manager will save SB"s to the same folder as the directory folder selected when backing up phone and thats all there is to it

**DM-6 note**
    After saving the service books be sure to do the reverse and set the selection back to FULL (or your selection) instead of custom or next time you do a backup it may not save correctly as it may still be set to SB's only

If you choose to then enable UMA

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/gu...mobile-513720/

If you don't have a blackberry on your carrier you'll have to find the servicebooks for yourself. There's a thread in the 9530 forum that has a link to generic t-mobile servicebooks.
    Last edited by xandermac; 09-23-10 at 08:03 AM.
    Mvor7, DanSTi, GeoK and 4 others like this.
    08-13-10 01:42 PM
    If only you could unlock 3g :*( - and by unlock...I mean add an additional antenna!

Jack
    08-13-10 01:56 PM
    If only you could unlock 3g :*( - and by unlock...I mean add an additional antenna!

Jack
    This makes absolutely no sense at all.
    08-13-10 02:02 PM
    what is the advantage of an unlocked torch on tmo if you're unable to use 3G & more importantly, calls & internet via wifi? it appears that all the "advantages" are lost on the torch by using it on tmo...
    08-13-10 02:03 PM
    I used the instructions here for CrackUtil

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-106023/

Browser, MMS, FB, Twitter and SociaFeeds now all working.

Thanks to pltaylor for authoring that thread�..
    are you able to use the native browser in 2g? Not just wifi?
    ruscolinni likes this.
    08-13-10 02:09 PM
    are you able to use the native browser in 2g? Not just wifi?

Yes!..........

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-13-10 02:10 PM
    Well - you would still be able to use the webkit browser that's a pretty big plus over those of us on the legacy browser

Jack
    08-13-10 02:10 PM
    what is the advantage of an unlocked torch on tmo if you're unable to use 3G & more importantly, calls & internet via wifi? it appears that all the "advantages" are lost on the torch by using it on tmo...
    Why does there have to be an advantage? It's a BB, it works perfectly fine (and fast) over edge.

FYI, I have UMA calling enabled and working.
    08-13-10 02:12 PM
    That's it, I'm buying it!!
    08-13-10 02:32 PM
    My only problem right now is Step 2. After I go to DM and hit advanced there is no service books on the left side and also when I click file-open I dont see service books .ipd file so right now Im lost and of course I run into this after I deleted the browser file...
    08-13-10 03:37 PM
    Anyone have the Telus service books they can upload for me? At this point I am willing to try....
    08-13-10 03:42 PM
    On the left hand side in DM click the little pulldown and choose open to browse for the .ipd that you unzipped.

My only problem right now is Step 2. After I go to DM and hit advanced there is no service books on the left side and also when I click file-open I dont see service books .ipd file so right now Im lost and of course I run into this after I deleted the browser file...
    08-13-10 03:45 PM
    ^I did all that my problem seems to be there are none. I extracted everything out of that zip and all that came out was the program itself and a read me file. By chance could you send that .ipd file to me?
    08-13-10 03:49 PM
    Oh. You need to download the tmobileservicebooks.zip also, at the bottom of the 1st post.

08-13-10 03:56 PM
    Give this a sticky mods

08-13-10 04:01 PM
    Im sorry this is what only a few hours of sleep does to you. Xandermac thank you sooooo much for this! Seems as of right now the browser is working!!! Im going to fool around to see if more follows, but you my friend are THE MAN! And who made that walk-through pltaylor your THE MAN too!!!

Edit:Seems things are def working, but MMS seems to not want to play nice. Is MMS working for anyone else or still troubles with that too?
    Last edited by GeneGreen23; 08-13-10 at 04:23 PM.
    08-13-10 04:07 PM
    Anyone have the Telus service books they can upload for me? At this point I am willing to try....
    me too me too please please
    08-13-10 04:22 PM
    Same situation as u gene....Can u give me a walkthrough how to unlock my torch for t-mobile as well....
    08-13-10 04:58 PM
    Just found some generic telus service books. I am going to try the same thing with my phone and see if it works. I have attached them for others to play with...
    08-13-10 06:15 PM
    Yano as much as i love the thought of buying the phone and unlocking it for Tmobile .. I just cant justify spending 500 plus tax on a phone with NO INSURANCE
    08-13-10 06:26 PM
    Tried it on my telus phone and same browser error.
    1Elisha likes this.
    08-13-10 06:28 PM
    Thank You very much Xandermac!!! Got it working in a few minutes....not sure how to get the UMA enabled...did I miss something?
    bahal higlo likes this.
    08-13-10 07:54 PM
    man I got everything working except for Windows Live Messenger. Error 65... Can anyone help? I' m running t-mobile.
    08-13-10 07:58 PM
    There's another thread in the 9800 section for uma. I posted a link in there to the required certs. Download them and then follow the instructions on the 1st page.

Thank You very much Xandermac!!! Got it working in a few minutes....not sure how to get the UMA enabled...did I miss something?
    08-13-10 08:19 PM
    got the UMA working now...thanks again for the help!!!!! ive always used unlocked ATT blackberry's on T Mobile so im pretty excited for this feature.
    08-13-10 09:00 PM
538 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD