Yup it's true the echo feedback or "tinny" sound as some have called it while on phone calls was in fact software related and has been corrected with the new leaked OS. So download everyone that has the problem!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-10 05:15 PM

08-16-10 05:34 PM
    Can anyone please tell me how to install this new OS? Do I have to uninstall the old one from my computer and blackberry before I install this new one?? I don't want to ruin my phone. HELP!
    08-16-10 06:29 PM
    Can anyone please tell me how to install this new OS? Do I have to uninstall the old one from my computer and blackberry before I install this new one?? I don't want to ruin my phone. HELP!
    First post here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/la...0-141-a-514133
    08-16-10 06:34 PM
    How many can confirm this..and what other fixes are there

08-16-10 06:45 PM
    I don't know how to install... ??? Do I have to uninstall the one that came with the Torch?
    08-16-10 07:14 PM
    As far as other fixes havnt played with a lot so far , but on screen keyboard more responsive. When you delete items from notification bar they delete withot havin to turn off device, you can delete items from call log without it jumping to top , and noticed it took away show recipients on txt msg and replaced with show contact info. Overall not a bad update. Waiting for txting to be fixed so newest msg shows up as I open to read rather than mid conversation.

08-16-10 08:34 PM
    .161 fixed the tin sound 100% for me. I had this problem with the slider both open and closed. Installed the leak and it is gone. Haven't noticed any other improvements and still waiting for someone to figure out a fix for the wiggle.
    08-16-10 08:59 PM
    As far as other fixes havnt played with a lot so far , but on screen keyboard more responsive. When you delete items from notification bar they delete withot havin to turn off device, you can delete items from call log without it jumping to top , and noticed it took away show recipients on txt msg and replaced with show contact info. Overall not a bad update. Waiting for txting to be fixed so newest msg shows up as I open to read rather than mid conversation.

Do you know if it fixes the lag when typing in a text? It happens with both virtual and physical keyboard.

08-16-10 09:00 PM
    Confirmed! The tin sound that is there during calls is gone.
    08-16-10 09:14 PM
    Can anyone help? Guide me through the installation? PLEASE???
    08-16-10 09:14 PM
    Do you know if it fixes the lag when typing in a text? It happens with both virtual and physical keyboard.
    No lag for me on .141 or .161.
    08-16-10 09:15 PM
    Glad to know the Tin sound people were having is gone. I"m really keeping my hopes up for the torch. I really dont' wanna ditch RIM.
    08-16-10 09:15 PM
    It usually happens after the first word is typed and when you hit the spacebar it lags for about 2 seconds

08-16-10 09:16 PM
    my entire experience on this phone is lagged the typing on touchscreen and on trackpad, its annoying and ive had enough, thought i fixed the issue but i guess not. the phones processor isnt fast enough
    08-17-10 02:14 AM
    I wonder since I didn't have the tinny sound if I will get it when installing .161. j/k. I have 0 issues software-wise, the phone is lightning fast, so I'm gonna hold off on the update for now. As I said in the beta thread, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    08-17-10 06:26 AM
    Ya same here i have none of those issues my phone is flawless :-) im going to hold off on the .161 and stick to the official. Good luck to everyone and i hope everyone gets their issuea fixed

08-17-10 06:38 AM
    Can anyone help? Guide me through the installation? PLEASE???
    Andyahs has already pointed you to the correct place for a step by step guide:

Read the first post in here and it tells you exactly what to do.
    08-17-10 06:46 AM
    Andyahs has already pointed you to the correct place for a step by step guide:

Read the first post in here and it tells you exactly what to do.
    I'm following the instructions but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The only stuff I have installed on my computer is the new Desktop Manager and I also see that I have installed these two:

Product Version: 6.0.0.141 Platform: 6.4.0.64

Product Version: 6.0.0.161 Platform: 6.4.0.75

I also don't see this on my computer: :\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

What am i doing wrong???
    08-17-10 07:39 AM
    holla!!!!!!! now lets make the new update official (BES user) and move on!
    08-17-10 07:45 AM
    I'm following the instructions but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The only stuff I have installed on my computer is the new Desktop Manager and I also see that I have installed these two:

Product Version: 6.0.0.141 Platform: 6.4.0.64

Product Version: 6.0.0.161 Platform: 6.4.0.75

I also don't see this on my computer: :\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

What am i doing wrong???
    Try uninstalling the old device version (.141) from your computer, prior to connecting your torch.
    08-17-10 07:49 AM
    Try uninstalling the old device version (.141) from your computer, prior to connecting your torch.
    Ok uninstalled... Do I now connect my blackberry? If so, I open Desktop Manager and then what? (Never done this before, had a 8310 and kinda confused).
    08-17-10 08:00 AM
    Is the tinny noise you guys are all referring to made when the person speaking into the Torch talks or from the person on the other line? I had a weird rattling noise on my Torch but it was only when I spoke into it, never coming from the person I called. It even rattled in my headset. Anyways, I had 3 torches that I exchanged until I finally got so upset I made an irrational decision and picked up the iphone 4. I have to admit, the iphone4 is a SOLID device as far as quality of hardware is concerned. However, if this "tinny" noise is the same as the rattling I describe, and it does go away with the leaked OS update then I just may go back in and exchange one more time.

Any thoughts?
    08-17-10 08:05 AM
    Is the tinny noise you guys are all referring to made when the person speaking into the Torch talks or from the person on the other line? I had a weird rattling noise on my Torch but it was only when I spoke into it, never coming from the person I called. It even rattled in my headset. Anyways, I had 3 torches that I exchanged until I finally got so upset I made an irrational decision and picked up the iphone 4. I have to admit, the iphone4 is a SOLID device as far as quality of hardware is concerned. However, if this "tinny" noise is the same as the rattling I describe, and it does go away with the leaked OS update then I just may go back in and exchange one more time.

Any thoughts?
    The tinny sound is your voice as you talk into the torch. The person's voice on the other end of the call is fine. .161 fixed this problem for me.
    08-17-10 08:33 AM
    I also had the tinny sound fixed; however now the notification bar doesn't seem to work with .161. It will show the notification, but only after I click on the bar blank.

Anyone else having this issue with .161?
    08-17-10 08:38 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD