I have taken it upon myself to create a new list of popular Blackberry apps/programs/games/links/etc. The old thread was from Feb 28, 2008. Although it had been updates near the end of Febuary 2009, it is still not good enough in my opinion.

I have removed some text to keep it under the 20k char limit.

(OTA) - Over the Air download to your Blackberry device by clicking this link
    (DDL) - Direct download to your PC to install through Blackberry Desktop Manager
    (WEB) - REMOVED - To conserve text limit.

If the creators of any programs wish their links to be removed or modified, or have an official description (not too long) that they wish to use, please contact me.

Please let me know if there are any errors in my links or if there are updated versions.

ALL NOTES HAVE BEEN MOVED TO POST 4

Now entering Blackberry Programs Rough Draft v0.1

Blackberry Enhancements
    Capture It (OTA)
    -Capture It is an application designed to help fellow developers and Blackberry users share a picture of their screen with ease.
    QuickPull (OTA) (DDL)
    -QuickPull, a FREE tool that frees memory quickly by simulating a "battery pull" soft reset. QuickPull is extremely easy and convenient to use.
    Shrink It (OTA)
    -Too big to send? Too small to keep? Too lazy to change your camera setting? ShrinkIt lets you downsize your picture while keeping the original.
    SoftRestart

Browsers
    Bolt Browser (OTA)
    -A free downloadable browser that offers an uncompromised browsing experience. Rather than offering a simplified, mini version of the Internet, BOLT provides users with a fast, efficient, feature-rich way to enjoy full PC-style web pages and rich media applications .
    Opera Mini 4 (OTA) (DDL)
    -Full Web: Opera Mini enables you to take your full Web experience to your phone. Fast: Faster mobile internet as data is compressed before being sent to your phone. Free: Opera Mini is free to download. It is the definitive mobile web browser.

Email
    Gmail App

Fun & Games
    FMyLife (OTA) (DDL)
    -Basically a fancy feed reader of stories from website fmylife.com
    Pacman (OTA)
    -The clasic game we all love.

Information
    Beyond411 (OTA)
    -Beyond411 is the fastest way to look up business listings, driving directions, and web pages on your Blackberry. It can even search based on your exact location using GPS.
    Poynt (OTA)
    -Meet Poynt, a free local search service that connects you to businesses, retailers and movie theaters where and when you need them. Can also search based on GPS location.
    TV Guide Mobile
    -Find out “what’s on TV” right on your mobile phone from America’s #1 television authority. Get television listings, movie reviews, entertainment news, watch lists, favorites and much more.
    Viigo (OTA)
    -Viigo is a free software application for your Smartphone giving you access to News, Sports, Weather, Facebook, The Web.

Mapping
    AmazeGPS
    -amAze is a first of its kind free navigation and local search service. It is free to download and use and it contains wide coverage of maps including aerial photo in Europe, North America, Australia and parts of Asia and Africa. Offers Turn-by-Turn Navigation and Voiced Directions.
    Google Maps (OTA)
    -Googles own mapping program. It's alot of people's favorite choice for a free quick mapping program. Everyone should know what it is.
    Live Search Mobile (OTA)
    -The best way to find key local information when you’re on the go. Whether you’re traveling for business, shopping around town, or planning your night out, you can quickly find businesses and restaurants, get turn by turn driving directions, and view it all on interactive maps.
    Nav4All
    -With Nav4All you can navigate worldwide on your own mobile phone in North America, Brasil, Mexico, Europe, South Africa, Australia and soon in China as well. Updated daily with new streets and other information.

Messengers
    AOL Instant Messenger (OTA)
    -Get the most out of the AIM service, whether you use it sparingly or are online all day.
    BeeJive (OTA) (DDL)
    [Free 30-Day Trial | $19.95 Device License | $29.99 User License]
    -BeejiveIM is the most reliable and user-friendly mobile IM application on the market for BlackBerry handhelds, featuring desktop-like instant messaging and always-on efficient networking.
    Instango
    [Requires a free Instango Account]
    -Instango is instant messaging for your mobile phone. Communicate with your friends anywhere, anytime. For free.
    Google Talk
    -Chat with family and friends over the Internet for free. Now over your mobile phone.
    IM+ (OTA) [url="http://shapeservices.com/en/products/download.php?product=im&deviceid=1156"](DDL)
    [Free 7-Day Trial | $49.95]
    -Chat with all your favorite IM accounts in one client. In the IM Push™ mode send and receive IMs as emails and save precious battery life!
    MSN Messenger (OTA)
    -Self explanatory
    Ramble IM (OTA) (DDL)
    -Ramble allows users to access the AOL Instant Messenger network.
    Webmessenger
    -Get Business-Class Mobile Instant Messaging for a price that makes great business sense: Free.
    Yahoo! Messenger (OTA)
    -Stay connected with your Yahoo! IM friends right from your mobile phone.

News
    ABC News (OTA)
    -Now ABC News is only one touch away on your BlackBerry Smartphone!
    Associated Press (OTA) (DDL)
    -Access news from the Associated Press from your Blackberry Smartphone Device.
    CBC.CA (OTA)
    -We know that you can't always be near your computer to get the news. Now, you can get CBC News to go.
    CNBC (OTA)
    -Real-time stock quotes from NYSE & NASDAQ | CNBC Top Business News Stories | Currencies, Commodities, Bonds, and Top Indices
    CNN (OTA)
    -Stay connected with the world through CNN's mobile news services, available wherever you are.
    Fox Mobile (OTA)
    -Be the first to know with Fox News Alert. When news breaks, the icon changes color and pushes the latest headline directly to your home screen.
    New York Times (OTA)
    -Get immediate access to Mobile NYTimes.com or DealBook with this downloadable shortcut tool. Whether you're at home or on the go, your BlackBerry can be your personal link to continuous news, information and entertainment from The New York Times.
    USA Today (OTA)
    -USA TODAY news and information is available on virtually any mobile phone or handheld device. Let USA TODAY Mobile be your window to the world, anywhere you go, any time of day.
    Wall Street Journal (OTA)
    -Get Anytime/Anywhere access to The Wall Street Journal news with this customizable application. Automatically updates your phone with critical news, market moves, and in-depth analysis of game changing global events, even offline
    Washington Post (OTA)
    -Take The Washington Post with you throughout your day on your mobile device. It's all the news and information you want and need - updated and available to you wherever you have mobile access.

Reading
    BeamReader (OTA)
    [Free 10-Day Trial | $18]
    -The wait is over...First full fidelity native PDF Reader for Blackberry is finally here!
    Mobipocket (OTA) (DDL)
    -Do you read emails on your Blackberry? Why not read ebooks and enews? Download the free Mobipocket eBook Reader on your Blackberry, and enjoy the reading experience. The online eBookstore is also integrated: find and start reading your favorite stories 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, straight from your Blackberry!
    Wattpad (OTA)
    -Read what you like. Share what you write. The world's most popular ebook sharing community.

RSS Readers
    NewsGator (OTA)
    [Requires a free account for managing feeds on various devices.]
    -NewsGator Go! gives you the ability to track and manage all your RSS content on your mobile device in sync with your PC. Get news, sports, entertainment and other information delivered to your Blackberry.

Social Networking
    MySpace (OTA)
    -MySpace is a place for friends. MySpace is Your Space. MySpace keeps you connected.
    Facebook (OTA)
    -Facebook helps you connect and share with the people in your life.
    Flickr
    -Flickr is almost certainly the best online photo management and sharing application in the world. Let us show you why! Upload images to Flickr straight from your Blackberry device.
    Twitterberry (OTA)
    -TwitterBerry is mobile client for posting updates to Twitter. It works over the data network, so you don't need to use SMS.
    Shozu (OTA)
    -Upload Anywhere, Any Time. ShoZu means you can share the moment, be it photos or video or a blog. You can send your stuff to friends and family, email or social networks as simply as pressing the button.

Sports
    ESPN Mobile (OTA)
    -Now ESPN is only one touch away on your BlackBerry� smartphone! Download an ESPN icon onto your home screen for free. When clicked, this icon launches you directly to ESPN.mobi for all the latest news and scores.
    Hockey News (OTA)
    -Enjoy the insight, stats and coverage of exclusive commentary and breaking hockey news. Stay ahead of the curve and hear it here first. Get in the game faster than Chara's slapshot!
    MLB Mobile (OTA) (DDL)
    -Get faster access to MLB scores, news, and more wherever you go! This downloadable application places an MLB.com icon on your BlackBerry� which takes you directly to the MLB.com Mobile Web site with a single click.
    Sports Illustrated (OTA)
    -Get access to the latest news, stats, scores, and SI writers.

Streaming Media
    ComedyTime (OTA)
    -With Comedy Time for BlackBerry you can now stream the funniest videos right to your phone.
    iheartradio (OTA)
    -Your Blackberry is now a radio. Listen to 150+ stations.
    Flycast (OTA)
    -FlyCast is a FREE service that gives you what you really want – portable music and talk radio that’s better than Satellite radio, easy to use, and works on the device already in your pocket.
    Live365 (OTA) (DDL)
    [Free 5-Day Trial | $24 for 3 Months | $42 for 6 Months | $72 for 12 Months]
    -6000+ Internet Radio stations run by real people, not generated by computers or focus groups.
    Nobex Radio Companion (OTA) (DDL)
    -See what's playing, hear what's playing, get what's playing! Listen to over 1000 radio stations around the world and see the playlist of over 2700 radio stations.
    nuTsie (DDL)
    [Free Trial | $19.95]
    -nuTsie: It's like having an iPod built right into your BlackBerry... only better. nuTsie "learns" what music you have in your iTunes, and then streams that music from its servers. No sideloading or uploading of music required. nuTsie does NOT stream from your computer.
    Pandora (OTA)
    -It's a new kind of radio - stations that play only music you like. Enter an artist or song you like and it will create a radio station featuring similar music.
    Slacker (OTA)
    -Listen to Slacker on your BlackBerry Smartphone! You can even store stations on your memory card for enhanced performance and to listen when there isn't a wireless signal. The app and the service are free!
    VMBC.tv (OTA)
    -With VMBC.TV for BlackBerry you can now enjoy some of best video entertainment right on your BlackBerry. You now have access to music videos, movie trailers and star interviews, wild action sports and our hot dance clips!
    XM Radio Mobile (OTA)
    [Free 14-Day Trial | $8 per Month]
    -Listen to the best of XM Radio right on your BlackBerry! Whether you're on the go or just sitting back and relaxing, XM Radio Mobile offers the best commercial-free XM music channels delivered directly to your phone.

Translators
    BBtran (OTA)
    -BBTran is an easy-to-use on-line multi-translation application that helps users to translate words, phrases and does a dictionary lookup. BBTran supports more than 40 languages and more than 1000 directions of translation. BBTran acts as a universal tool that consumes different on-line services such Google Translate, Systran, FreeTranslation, Reference.com and that’s why gives user ability to see alternative translations.
    Navita - Translator (OTA)
    -Navita BB Translator is a translation and dictionary client application developed for BlackBerry� smartphones. Translate words, phrases from e-mails as well as from the BlackBerry Browser or typing in the software. The Navita BB Translator currently supports English, Portuguese and Spanish interfaces (depends on the language set in your BlackBerry) and translates from 6 to 6 (English, Portuguese, Spanish, French, German and Italian) languages.

Voice Programs
    TellMe (OTA)
    -TellMe is the fastest way to get the info you need when you're on the go. Simply say what you want and get it.
    Vlingo (OTA)
    -Vlingo allows users to speak into their device and have many popular applications carry out their respective functions. This includes dialing your phone, sending an email or SMS, creating and saving a memo or task, opening a web browser and performing a web search, composing a social-networking status message and more.
    VR+: Share Your Voice (OTA) (DDL)
    [Free 7-Day Trial | $19.99]
    -With VR+ you can edit your voice messages. You will not find editing option in a native voice recorder. Using VR+ you can paste one record as a part to another, continue the record after some time, etc. Sending voice messages to other users directly in MP3 format is a unique feature of VR+.

Weather
    BBWeather (OTA) (OTA-S)
    -One of the first weather apps for the blackberry.
    WeatherBug Direct (OTA)
    -Get live, local weather from any of our more than 8,000 WeatherBug Tracking Stations around the U.S., plus live temperature and local forecasts — direct to your BlackBerry. Get WeatherBug Direct for BlackBerry today — Free!
    WeatherEye (OTA)
    -A weather program powered by The Weather Network
    Y! Weather (OTA) (DDL)
    -A simple weather program using information from Yahoo!
    Last edited by TheHeartlessHero; 04-02-09 at 06:40 AM.
    03-31-09 02:05 AM
    Right on! I'll add a couple tomorrow just for kicks! Thanks for the start of the list...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 02:47 AM
    Very nice. Easy to read format too. Thanks much and looking forward to the updates.

03-31-09 02:51 AM
    This may be the 4th post but because of the 20k File Limit, I will be adding some additional information here.

NOTES
    All programs are color coded. Green color are free programs, Blue are paid.
    All programs are categorized then listed in alphabetical order.
    Some descriptions are copied from the source of the program. Otherwise are written by me.
    There may not be both an OTA and DDL for each program. Some may have neither only to be added later.
    If you wish to submit any information, please PM me with the details on it. You can post it here but it is possible I will miss it.
    All programs are for OS 4.2+ unless otherwise stated.
    If there is a Storm specific version, it will appear as (OTA-S)
    The guide is in its infancy and will be constantly updated.
    Fun Fact: I typed every bold, underlined, and url tag by hand.

UPDATES:
    03/31/09 - Added Financial and News Links. Updated Sports Links.
    03/31/09 - Changed Streaming Music to Streaming Media. Added more Programs.

Everyone with a Blackberry.
    Every developer who makes these apps.
    Last edited by TheHeartlessHero; 03-31-09 at 08:37 PM.
    03-31-09 02:53 AM
    I'll add in mainly links...Specific to Police and so forth...But I've found a bunch of OTA apps for Cops and the General public..I'll PM ya on the flip...its 01:58:05 here, and I've got a loooooong arse day tomorrow!

03-31-09 02:58 AM
    Sure no problem. I'm hoping to turn this into a great list for anyone and everyone. The more information, the better!

I'm just doing some last minute edits before heading to bed my self.

If you wouldn't mind, send it to me in the same format as my guide =P Less work for me and all.
    03-31-09 03:01 AM
    Thanks for the post and hard work. It sure is nice to have these links and descriptions all in one place.
    03-31-09 04:18 AM
    wow, very impressive list with links. Thanks for the time and effort.
    03-31-09 10:49 AM
    Yeah, I know they exist elsewhere too, but this is much appreciated. Thanks OP.
    03-31-09 11:30 AM
    Where the links for all the police app otas? I'm interested in them.

03-31-09 11:36 AM
    Tholland, another user said he will be sending me the links to them soon. I will then update the list with them.

03-31-09 07:17 PM
    Awesome thread man! Thanks for sharing!
    03-31-09 09:01 PM
    nice! thank you!
    03-31-09 10:51 PM
    Hi! Thanks for the nice thread!
    Some suggestions from my side, of possible:

Please include a "Voice" category:

VR+: SHARE YOUR VOICE

Therer is an app for BlackBerry which I recommend to include in the list (
    also suitable for Social Networking category, as it has a sharing feature).

Let me explain the different between VR+ and native voice recorder.

As you know Blackberry can record audio in a format which cannot be played back on a PC. VR+ server-side technology converts the recording to MP3 on the fly so it can be played back on any computer or mobile.

Sending voice messages to other users directly in MP3 format is a unique feature of VR+. Not all users could listen voice messages in AMR format. I have doubts that all users could convert the file into MP3 just directly when they receive a voice message. MP3 will be played on every device.

The UI is rather friendly. The list of records in a suitable format is easy to find and use.

With VR+ you can edit your voice messages. You will not find editing option in a native voice recorder.Using VR+ you can paste one record as a part to another, continue the record after some time, etc.

Also for registered users we propose a Store for your public or private records with possibility to record your own podcasts and store them at vr.shapeservices.com.

If you are the user of Facebook, MySpace, Blogger, etc you can upload a record to the selected social network directly from the applicaton!

So, you can send records by e-mail, upload to VR+ Store, share with friends to FaceBook, MySpace etc

OTA

Download from desktop
    04-01-09 02:35 AM
    Thanks for the tip and the program. Yeah, I know there is a multitude of programs such as yours that let you use your voice to use your phone. I will include yours and others. I am just working on it a bit at a time.

Then again, with the App World out, this guide is kinda useless to an extent =P That won't deter me though.
    04-01-09 02:51 AM
    Just a little bump. I added a Voice category and put VR+ in it as well as 2 others I came across. Keep the programs coming people ^_^
    04-02-09 06:41 AM
    Much better than the old one! Love that there's descriptions of what you're downloading!

04-02-09 06:44 AM
    Yea. It can only get better. I hope this gets stickied in place of the outdated one. I always see threads asking what program does what so figured a brief description for most in one place is what was needed.
    04-02-09 11:42 PM
    nice list thnx!!
    04-04-09 11:23 AM
    does vlingo work for storm?? if so, where can i find link? everything seems to be for 8xxx phones
    04-04-09 12:29 PM
    does vlingo work for storm?? if so, where can i find link? everything seems to be for 8xxx phones
    I tend to stay away from the Storm forums but I believe there's an app list for apps that work on the Storm! Not too sure though.

04-04-09 12:40 PM
    04-06-09 02:38 AM
    You can also add GPSed application in Mapping Category.
    Standard version is absolutely free.
    04-06-09 03:54 AM
    great list thanks
    04-06-09 05:59 AM
    awesome list! keep them coming
    04-06-09 06:11 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD