i just received my replacement handset and my pin and email account is still registered to my previous device.

i am going to leave my network in 2 weeks and join another so was thinking about not revalidating my emails for this handset, do i still need to deregister my pin for me to do this (as in to register it with another networks BIS)?

currently my emails are attached to the device i gave back so technically this device is not attached to a network. Will i still need to delete my email account completely?
    07-19-10 07:34 AM
    if you go into your "manage email" icon it should give you an option to more all the emails to the new handset.
    07-19-10 07:38 AM
    that's not what im asking

i want to know if i need to delete my entire BIS account with my provider if i want to deregister my pin?
    07-19-10 08:08 AM
    you may have to call CS if you aren't registering the new device. That's what I had to do.
    07-19-10 08:12 AM
    so let me get this straight.

i've just received my replacement handset but not swapped over the device on the email account bit of my provider.

do i still need to get the entire account closed down in order for me to deregister my pin?

at the moment i still have a log in with my provider but will this stop me transferring the pin to another network?

i dont actually know if this device is now registered with my current network or it is still open?

that's my im contemplating refraining from moving the emails over to this device as it'll save me time in 2 weeks when i want to register it with a different network
    07-19-10 08:19 AM
    I'm not sure what you are asking.
    07-19-10 08:27 AM
    what im basically saying is that 'normally' you would have your device pin locked to your current network.. but because i got a replacement sent it currently is not attached to my current network yet as i have not moved over the emails.

what i am asking is, if i want to deregister the pin so i can use it on another network do i need to completeley delete my entire BIS account with my current provider as in email account/login and everything?

im considering not moving my emails over so they are pushed to this new device as i will be leaving in 2 weeks anyway, i just thought by not doing this i may save time having to phone up customer services to manually remove my pin from it's network.
    07-19-10 09:16 AM
    If you want to use the phone on another network it would need to be unlocked.
    Once that's done all you'd need to do is create a BIS account on your new carrier
    and just register the PIN of the phone you're talking about.

They sent you a replacement handset but it doesn't mean that the PIN is only
    tied to that network whether you've actually registered it or not.
    07-19-10 12:27 PM
    When I logged onto BIS email setup on my new device, it said that email would stop to the old device.
    07-19-10 02:59 PM
    i dont think you're following what i am asking.

i have a replacement handset which i haven't registered for emails yet as i was hoping i may not need to deregister the pin when i move network in 2 weeks.

I still have a BIS account login etc with the current network, do i still need to delete this in order for me to be able to get a BIS on the other network?

i dont actually know whether or not right now this device is attached to my current network and needs to be deregistered. i did login into BIS account and said that emails have stopped to my other device and would need to click 'move' in order to do this. i haven't yet.

so do i or do i not need to delete my entire BIS account in order to use the push email services on another network? or can i just set it up as per normal?

also IF i am currently attached to this network as in my pin device is, will it cause a crash or a problem attempting to registering this IMEI and pin on another BIS account with the other network?
    07-19-10 05:26 PM
    i dont think you're following what i am asking.

i have a replacement handset which i haven't registered for emails yet as i was hoping i may not need to deregister the pin when i move network in 2 weeks.

I still have a BIS account login etc with the current network, do i still need to delete this in order for me to be able to get a BIS on the other network?

i dont actually know whether or not right now this device is attached to my current network and needs to be deregistered. i did login into BIS account and said that emails have stopped to my other device and would need to click 'move' in order to do this. i haven't yet.

so do i or do i not need to delete my entire BIS account in order to use the push email services on another network? or can i just set it up as per normal?

also IF i am currently attached to this network as in my pin device is, will it cause a crash or a problem attempting to registering this IMEI and pin on another BIS account with the other network?
    If your replacement device is connected to your BIS, regardless of whether
    you're receiving e-mail as you please or not, it is what it is. Registered.
    The only way to deregister the PIN from being connected to your BIS is
    replacing it with another PIN, or if you don't have another PIN to replace it
    with, you need to call the carrier and ask them to deregister the PIN and to
    delete the BIS account all together.

If you don't deregister the PIN on your replacement device you won't be able
    to register it on any BIS account, no matter the carrier.

If you have a PIN that you can replace it with, do it before you cancel.
    Otherwise if you cancel with your carrier, you'll no longer be able to login to
    your BIS for that carrier.

The easiest thing to do in order to deregister and avoid calling up your carrier
    is to use a PIN on maybe an old BB that doesn't work anymore that you just
    have lying around. Or maybe a friend who has a dead BB but you can use
    his/her PIN. I did this once to avoid the hassle of calling CS and having to
    explain to some jackass of what I needed to do. Sometimes they don't even
    know what you're talking about.
    Last edited by The_Maestro; 07-19-10 at 05:41 PM.
    07-19-10 05:39 PM
    Short answer. Yes, you have to deregister.

A PIN cannot exist on more than one BIS account at a time. If you do not de-register
    when you try moving the device from carrier A to Carrier B, Carrier will give you an
    error stating the PIN is already in use.
    07-19-10 05:47 PM
    If your replacement device is connected to your BIS, regardless of whether
    you're receiving e-mail as you please or not, it is what it is. Registered.
    The only way to deregister the PIN from being connected to your BIS is
    replacing it with another PIN, or if you don't have another PIN to replace it
    with, you need to call the carrier and ask them to deregister the PIN and to
    delete the BIS account all together.

If you don't deregister the PIN on your replacement device you won't be able
    to register it on any BIS account, no matter the carrier.

If you have a PIN that you can replace it with, do it before you cancel.
    Otherwise if you cancel with your carrier, you'll no longer be able to login to
    your BIS for that carrier.

The easiest thing to do in order to deregister and avoid calling up your carrier
    is to use a PIN on maybe an old BB that doesn't work anymore that you just
    have lying around. Or maybe a friend who has a dead BB but you can use
    his/her PIN. I did this once to avoid the hassle of calling CS and having to
    explain to some jackass of what I needed to do. Sometimes they don't even
    know what you're talking about.
    thanks for the explanation i understand now.

however, this is where i am confused, I got a replacement device with no carrier attached to it, as soon as i put the sim in and it 'registers the wireless device' does that mean that handset is now attached to my network?

secondly, i already had an email account login etc to it's BIS but as it was a replacement handset i had not actually logged in for it to recognise that i was using a new device yet. would this still make it registered to the carrier regardless?

thirdly when i did log in it gave me the message 'we recognise a new device and emals have stopped to your old device' then gives me options to 'move' my emals over. i didn't.

what actually makes the device 'registered' to a carrier when it's a replacement handset? is it literally putting the sim card in and then is it too late?
    07-20-10 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD