I am thinking of buying a blackberry but I need to be able to change the default time setting in day view from 1 hour.

I have appointments every 40 minutes so I need to be able to set the appointment slots to 40 minute intervals i.e. 9am, 9.40am, 10.20am etc. These have to be preset so that I can immediately see when an appointment is available at any time in the day.

Does anyone know if this is possible?
    07-18-08 02:26 AM
    You can schedule a new appointments and set the duration for 40 minutes. But as far as I know you can not change the default 1 hour setting in day view.
    07-18-08 04:44 AM
    Building on what Kronk posted, you could fill each day with 40-minute appointments titled "Free." Then as you filled those slots you could change the name as appropriate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 06:27 AM
    I was just playing with my calendar to see how to schedule every 40 minutes and it's pretty easy to do. In fact once you start putting in 40 minute appointments the default stays at 40 minutes until you stop entering appointments when it reverts to 1 hour. The appointments do show up a successine 40 minute slots on the day view.
    07-18-08 06:44 AM
    It will put in whatever time you schedule the event at. Fairly easy.

07-18-08 06:57 AM
    I was just playing with my calendar to see how to schedule every 40 minutes and it's pretty easy to do. In fact once you start putting in 40 minute appointments the default stays at 40 minutes until you stop entering appointments when it reverts to 1 hour. The appointments do show up a successine 40 minute slots on the day view.
    Yeah, but what he wants is to change the default view in Day View, which is not possible. Doing it our way is a work-around that would take a bit of thumb-work to set up, but once it is it should work for him.
    07-18-08 07:45 AM
    Building on what Kronk posted, you could fill each day with 40-minute appointments titled "Free." Then as you filled those slots you could change the name as appropriate.

Building on what Jeff said about building on what I said, if you were to do it this way, you could schedule each time slot as a weekly recurrence. You would still have to schedule 40 minute blocks for each day of the week (12 appts. per day, 60 for the week) but after setting that up all 60 appointments will recur each week, and you can edit each individual occurrence without affecting the rest of the schedule.
    07-18-08 07:50 AM
    Yeah, but what he wants is to change the default view in Day View, which is not possible. Doing it our way is a work-around that would take a bit of thumb-work to set up, but once it is it should work for him.
    Sorry, I didn't read the original post carefully (too early in AM). Jeff and your solution should work well.
    07-18-08 08:05 AM
    Thanks for all the replies lost my password so couldn't reply earlier.

I fancy the new blackberry bold - but I will probably be sensible and get a curve from ebay instead.
    08-29-08 01:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD