I was one of many who jumped ship and left BB for an Android device. Yeah the Android does some pretty cool stuff but I realized I only used those cool things to show people what cool things Android can do. I miss the speed of the BB user interface. I was able to jump around so fast using the keyboard shortcuts. I really miss by BB.

So I am waiting for OS6 to launch for the 9650 and I will be returning to you Blackberry.
    09-12-10 12:09 PM
    Good deal, Pauldovi! It's always nice to realize that sometimes you think ..... "Geez, the grass is really greener on the otherside. I should have no left"
    09-12-10 01:02 PM
    My roommate has a Droid and he's always saying that he has a smartphone and I don't. Yet when someone needs to know what a lyric to a song or retrieve an email that the hall staff sent out, I'm always done before he has his browser or email open

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-10 01:17 PM
    I completely agree I just came from the EVO I felt like I had to make a change and went android and I completely agree with people it Is cool and all but for what I use my phone for blackberry is completely sufficient all that cool **** for android really just ends up killing your battery faster so I said f it and went to the trusy bold and made a killing off the evo with it being out of stock a couple of weeks ago look foward to coming back to the dark side

09-12-10 02:04 PM
    There's so many 9650 users that got the Evo and returned it really fast

09-12-10 03:13 PM

So that's why they can't keep the 9650 in stock!
    09-12-10 03:20 PM

used the evo for a couple months saying "bb's hardware and software is so obsolete..." and yet im back becacuse it still does its job better than android.
    09-12-10 05:31 PM

yeah I witnessed a handful of people I personally know myself that went back to a Blackberry device after having Evos or the Incredible...I myself even came back to the Bold after having an Droid X for a couple weeks
    09-12-10 06:32 PM
    LOL. Anyone want to trade for my 9650? Stupid browser problems. =)
    09-12-10 07:08 PM
    Good to find this thread, I have a few co-workers that love their Droids, I almost bolted but couldnt decide between the X and the Droid 2. The X seems too big and the 2 just doesnt seem like a professional's device, more like a teenagers device. The ability to use it as a hotspot is still pulling me that way, but I was thinking, why not wait until Verizon comes out with 4G before I make a move. Maybe there will be a new BB model by then that works on 4G! Anyway, my Bold is actually a strong smartphone, just wish it didnt take 9 minutes to reboot.
    09-12-10 08:02 PM
    The X seems too big and the 2 just doesnt seem like a professional's device, more like a teenagers device.
    Someone has image problems!
    09-12-10 08:07 PM
    The something you all are saying about coming back to the Blackberry is what I always do with the iPhone. I think it's just one of those things once you find something that fits and works for you it's hard to leave.
    09-12-10 08:36 PM
    Yep and what ever works for you may not work for someone else, etc.....

But in all honesty we are all gadget freaks! We love this stuff, no matter what the device is!!!
    09-12-10 08:44 PM
    Having been a longtime smartphone user and relatively new to the BlackBerry scene, I certainly agree that the BlackBerry platform does messaging extremely well and its use of shortcuts is very efficient. However, the platform, overall, is limited compared to Android, iOS, and even Windows. Personally, I plan to stick with a BlackBerry device for the messaging capabilities and because it does make for a better phone (stronger reception and longer battery life). But my Incredible is always in my other pocket for all my other internet needs and apps.

If RIM were to jump on the Android platform, I'd think they'd crush everything in its path -- the efficiency and messaging capabilities of BlackBerry and the flexibility and customization of Android = killer combo.

At the same time, different strokes for different folks... All platforms have their strengths and weaknesses that different personalities adapt to. As much as I could lament on some of the weaknesses of the BlackBerry platform, the same could be done for ALL smartphone platforms. Bottom line = you just go with what works for you.
    jany1025 likes this.
    09-12-10 08:46 PM
    Someone has image problems!
    NAAHH! I'm in sales and work 60+ hours a week. I rely on my Blackberry quite a bit, I didnt mean the way the Droid 2 looks so much as the way it seems to be built for non work related functionality. I rely on getting my email as soon as it is sent, sometimes that can mean the difference in getting a deal or losing it. I also need a device that functions well as a phone and doesnt die half way through the day if Ive been using it without a break.
    09-12-10 08:46 PM
    My bolds battery wouldn't make it through half the day on heavy use so I bought the seidio ext battery. Now it lasts 2 days!

09-12-10 11:34 PM
    NAAHH! I'm in sales and work 60+ hours a week. I rely on my Blackberry quite a bit, I didnt mean the way the Droid 2 looks so much as the way it seems to be built for non work related functionality. I rely on getting my email as soon as it is sent, sometimes that can mean the difference in getting a deal or losing it. I also need a device that functions well as a phone and doesnt die half way through the day if Ive been using it without a break.
    The "instant" e-mail is one of the things about my BBs that I've gotten used to. My daughter just switched her Storm for the DX a few days ago and told me that the earlier issue, with not being able to get anything but g-mail without going through the web browser, is "all fixed" now, and she has set up all her e-mail accounts to "pop" her e-mail every 15 minutes. Not good enough for me... I'm spoiled now!

She does admit that she misses BBM a lot. She suggested I download Google Talk for us to use instead, which I did, but I don't like to be bothered with either leaving it on all the time, or signing in and out.

We shall see what happens over the next 25 days....
    09-13-10 12:12 AM
    I completely agree I just came from the EVO I felt like I had to make a change and went android and I completely agree with people it Is cool and all but for what I use my phone for blackberry is completely sufficient all that cool **** for android really just ends up killing your battery faster so I said f it and went to the trusy bold and made a killing off the evo with it being out of stock a couple of weeks ago look foward to coming back to the dark side

my story exactly i left my 8330 tried the palm pre and then the 9630 but i couldn't get myself to fork the cash for pretty much my 8330 and i had heard news about the essex so i tried the hero it was cool not bad for the time and when the essex finally came out jumped ship and came back to my bb and i never looked back again
    09-13-10 02:35 AM
    I thought I was unique when I posted about coming from the Droid back to the BB, but there is a post like yours every few days.

We are not alone.
    09-13-10 04:31 AM

Yep I'm one of those. It lasted only 3 days and i was back to my trustworthy Bold 9650
    09-13-10 03:31 PM
    My bolds battery wouldn't make it through half the day on heavy use so I bought the seidio ext battery. Now it lasts 2 days!

My 1st Bold was that way to. I got a replacement and I can easily last a day with my new one. Wierd but true
    09-13-10 03:32 PM
    hate to admit it but im charging up the bold i was ready to sell on here to use over the htc incredible i bought a month ago. The INC is awesome but i miss the true push email and the long battery life of the BB.

android is a toy.. BB is a phone.
    09-13-10 03:50 PM
    im back to my bold after using the incredible for a month. i missed the great battery life, auto on/off and bbm and most importantly a reliable phone
    09-13-10 10:38 PM
    I've had two android phones and still came back. I wanted the stability of bb back.
    09-13-10 10:56 PM
    I had a Droid X and my non-gmail mail took forever to arrive. I completely understand what you are talking about when it comes to emails. BlackBerry does email like no other. I sometimes get emails after on my BB than on the server.
    09-14-10 12:29 PM
245 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD