I am needing to replace the trackpad on my Bold 9650. Do you know if the Bold 9700 trackpad is the same as the 9650?

Thanks for any help..
    07-16-10 01:21 PM
    Just wondering why you don't use your warranty (presuming that you have one) on such a new device?
    07-16-10 01:45 PM
    Yeah even if you got it as a replacement to a tour, and that warranty is up, you atleast get a 90 day warranty. I had a trackpad go bad on my first bold, and they exchanged it out no questions asked.
    07-16-10 02:07 PM
    Because I'm tired of changing devices. App world and Crackberry store do not want to change my PIN and I have a lot of $$ in apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 08:12 AM
    Well I'm not sure if they are the same or not, but just taking a guess I would say they are. It would seem silly to me that RIM would make 2 different trackpads. It would seem more cost efficient just to use one they already have. Also that could be part of the reason for all of the slanted trackpads. Just my opinion
    07-18-10 08:19 AM
    How many devices have you exchanged? I agree with the other posts. I'd use the warranty to replace the device.
    07-18-10 08:21 AM
    How many devices have you exchanged? I agree with the other posts. I'd use the warranty to replace the device.
    But you know, I can see his point, too, what about exchanging the device and getting something WORSE than what he has, no? like one that has the chrome peeling on the track pad like mine? Or the paint wearing off the keys like so many others? Maybe his isn't doing that now and a different one would? I know it's a crap shoot but sometimes you might not want to give up something slightly imperfect because you could really get stuck with a lemon!
    07-18-10 09:40 AM
    But you know, I can see his point, too, what about exchanging the device and getting something WORSE than what he has, no? like one that has the chrome peeling on the track pad like mine? Or the paint wearing off the keys like so many others? Maybe his isn't doing that now and a different one would? I know it's a crap shoot but sometimes you might not want to give up something slightly imperfect because you could really get stuck with a lemon!
    I get your point. It is a crap shoot and you could get another device with even more issues. I've had to replace devices in the past a few times and I know it can be very difficult to get new activation codes for some apps. But I wouldn't replace the trackpad myself. I would probably do more damage. Just my opinion.
    07-18-10 09:59 AM
    did you ever figure this out? I need to replace mine it has become scratched and doesn't feel right.
    08-05-10 03:10 PM
    Just wondering why you don't use your warranty (presuming that you have one) on such a new device?
    Yeah, why not let the professionals take care of it for you??
    08-06-10 08:35 AM
    Here ya go don't know if it will work it's a 9700 one:

BlackBerry Bold 9700 OEM trackpad - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G, Sony,
    08-06-10 08:38 AM
    I haven't opened and analyzed a Bold 9700 and Bold 9650 to verify my claim, but are you all sure that both the trackpad AND the connection to the circuit board is same for both devices? The trackpad assembly may be identical, however the connection may differ.
    08-06-10 09:15 AM
    I too am looking for a replacement trackpad for my 9650. I am not all up on getting refub units, I like my stuff new
    08-07-10 04:09 PM
    I too am looking for a replacement trackpad for my 9650. I am not all up on getting refub units, I like my stuff new
    What is wrong with the trackpad??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-10 05:16 PM
    It is getting ruff on the left side as I slide my finger on it
    08-07-10 05:46 PM
    It is getting ruff on the left side as I slide my finger on it
    Same problem and I picked at it so its even worse. I contacted cnn.cn and they said they are still waiting to find out when they can get the part.
    08-07-10 07:41 PM
    my 9650 trackpad is slanted to one side also.....i had for about 2 months now..................IS THAT BAD?????????????.......
    08-07-10 08:07 PM
    my 9650 trackpad is slanted to one side also.....i had for about 2 months now..................IS THAT BAD?????????????.......
    It's not bad, if it doesn't bother you and if it's still working OK. A majority of 9650 trackpads are like this.
    08-07-10 08:57 PM
    Yeah, I took mine back Friday afternoon and explained to the vz rep that the grackles was flush when I got it and now the right side had sunk in. He looked at it, checked for water damage (I'm guessing that's routine) and offered me a new 9650. Thanks vz!!
    08-08-10 09:18 AM
    *trackpad

I have no idea how I typed "grackles" when I wanted "trackpad".
    08-08-10 09:20 AM
    *trackpad

I have no idea how I typed "grackles" when I wanted "trackpad".
    First, you can generally edit your own posts.

Next, for some reason I had no problem with the term "grackles" it sounded as if you meant crackly or grackle - in any event I got the meaning!
    08-08-10 09:57 AM
    There is a fix for this using tape. But you must void your warranty to do so.
    08-08-10 05:02 PM
    Well I'm not sure if they are the same or not, but just taking a guess I would say they are. It would seem silly to me that RIM would make 2 different trackpads. It would seem more cost efficient just to use one they already have. Also that could be part of the reason for all of the slanted trackpads. Just my opinion
    You mention "slanted trackpads" in your reply. I am just starting to look for info regarding this. I just upgraded to the 9650 and my trackpad seems raised on the left and slightly recessed on the right. Fully functional, but to me an annoyance. Thought maybe it was a defect, went back to carrier and the next two units opened from box were same way. They were pretty busy, so the rep was not that interested in trying more boxes... Is this a known issue? Just something I need to get used to?
    12-22-10 11:22 AM
    You mention "slanted trackpads" in your reply. I am just starting to look for info regarding this. I just upgraded to the 9650 and my trackpad seems raised on the left and slightly recessed on the right. Fully functional, but to me an annoyance. Thought maybe it was a defect, went back to carrier and the next two units opened from box were same way. They were pretty busy, so the rep was not that interested in trying more boxes... Is this a known issue? Just something I need to get used to?
    Yes and yes.
    Most are like that. Mine (both my original and refurb) are nearly perfect but they are slanted slightly. Does not affect the cosmetic image or usage.
    Just deal with it would be my advice.
    12-22-10 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD