I have had my Curve 8330 for a couple of years now and am trying to decide between an Android device and getting another BB. I went and looked at the 9650 at the store and it looks great, but I forgot to check one thing. On the Curve I was always annoyed you couldn't set different alarms based on the day of the week and could only have one alarm. What is the clock/alarm app like on the 9650. Still limited to just one or can you have multiple alarms? I do have a 3rd party app already that works, just curious what is built into the 9650.
    06-08-10 04:41 PM
    The 9650 will have the same style alarm, that is what is built into the OS.

The only way to accomplish this on ANY BB would be third party applications, like you have stated above.
    06-08-10 04:44 PM
    Thanks! I was hoping this was an improvement for OS 5... but apparently not.
    06-08-10 04:45 PM
    you can set multiple alarms for days in the calender app. Just go to the calender highlight a day, push the blackberry button and click new alarm and set the alarm for that day. You can do diff times for diff days in the calender app no problem.
    06-08-10 04:52 PM
    you can set multiple alarms for days in the calender app. Just go to the calender highlight a day, push the blackberry button and click new alarm and set the alarm for that day. You can do diff times for diff days in the calender app no problem.
    That is a great alternative method. You can select your own ringtone for this as well in profiles?
    06-08-10 04:55 PM
    I've figured this out on my storm, but one thing I noticed is that you can't set the second alarm to go off only on weekdays like the alarm on the clock app? Maybe I am overlooking it?
    06-14-10 07:40 AM
    I've figured this out on my storm, but one thing I noticed is that you can't set the second alarm to go off only on weekdays like the alarm on the clock app? Maybe I am overlooking it?
    You could set a new alarm for each day of the week (one on Monday, one on Tuesday, etc etc). Then set the recurrence for weekly. I don't need different alarms because I get up at pretty much the same time every weekday, but could be useful for students or others who may have to get up at a different time depending on the day.

Sort of a primitive solution but an option if you don't want to look into 3rd party apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD