Just learned the hard way that new BB Desktop Manager 6.0 will not integrate with Companionlink software to synchronize with ACT Software. Companionlink informed me that they are working frantically on a fix and hope to have something out shortly. Until then keep your older versions of Desktop Manager if you use Sage Act Software on you Blackberry.
    08-11-10 03:57 PM
    Joe
    did you get a sense of timing from Companionlink? I already downloaded 6, so the question is, wait a couple days or go through the brain damage of uninstalling 6, reinstalling 5 and the reinstalling 6 later.
    08-11-10 07:02 PM
    Update August 16, 2010: We are working hard on a solution that will let CompanionLink work with BlackBerry Desktop Software Version 6. We hope to have a beta build out by the end of the day. Please visit this page for the latest news; the beta will be posted here when available - CompanionLink supports BlackBerry Desktop Software 6

Update August 24, 2010: This fix is out! Hit up the link above to grab the latest compatible build of CompanionLink.
    Last edited by companionlink; 08-25-10 at 09:17 AM.
    08-12-10 09:19 AM
    Wow, that's great customer service! Impressive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 10:39 AM
    Joe
    did you get a sense of timing from Companionlink? I already downloaded 6, so the question is, wait a couple days or go through the brain damage of uninstalling 6, reinstalling 5 and the reinstalling 6 later.
    Only would tell me they are working on it fast and furious no date...sorry
    08-12-10 11:32 AM
    Hang tight guys, we should have a fix for you today. I'll update this post and let you know when we have a fix.
    Kaena...any news on this?
    08-12-10 11:34 AM
    Wow, that's great customer service! Impressive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Agree..have been using the product for 3 years now and they are always quick to resolve issues or assist when needed....
    08-12-10 11:35 AM
    Kaena...any news on this?
    Here's the scoop as of now. We're seeing some reports around the forums that some users have been able to find an add-ins module in BBDM 6 (there's a screenshot in this thread). There is nothing in RIM's official support documents that refer to third party add-ins, so we're not sure if this is something left over from testing, or an officially supported feature.

We're working on two possible solutions. We are looking into ways to make sync work with BBDM 6, but this is a big unknown right now. The best current solution is to downgrade to BBDM 5.0.1. However, some users are reporting that even after downgrading, third party add-ins still don't work. We think this has something to do with RIM's updater. Some users have been reporting success by uninstalling BBDM 6, deleting the "C:/Program Files/Research in Motion" folder, and then installing 5.0.1, but we haven't been able to replicate this with 100% success. If anyone wants to try this and report if this works, it would be much appreciated.

So that's where we are right now. We just picked up the new Torch 9800, and will be testing this on 5.0.1 throughout the day. Thanks for your patience, I'll be sure to let you know when we have an update!

Update 8/16/2010 - Visit www.companionlink.com/bb6 for the latest info
    Last edited by companionlink; 08-16-10 at 02:10 PM.
    08-12-10 12:04 PM
    I had success with the deleting of BBDM6 from my laptop and reinstalled 5.0.1.
    I did have to go to my service provider (verizon) web site to secure the older version as BB only offering the new DM6. Sync between my BB Bold 9650 and Act working nicely...like nothing happen.

Re the screen shot - the add in's tab was never offered when I installed. I did try to import (install) companionlink on the applications screen, but that wasn;t working either
    08-12-10 02:37 PM
    Here's a direct link to download BBDM 5.0.1 direct from RIM for anyone else watching this thread. They could pull this at any time, so it's good to know that you can get it from Verizon - https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...01DA3E0688A700
    08-12-10 02:47 PM
    Finally figured out the problem! Your link to the thread above had a post for going back to 5.01. Version 6.0 also installs Blackberry Software Update. This also must be uninstalled through add/remove, in addition to removing DM 6. If you do not uninstall this program version 5 will still not sync. Please share this with your colleagues. I have spent several wasted hours and attempts to go back to 5.01 until I found this fix. Thanks for your help and posting here!
    08-13-10 08:06 AM
    Thanks Pintrok,

I'll be sure to pass this tip along to the techs. Just an update for everyone - we think we have a possible solution that will allow CompanionLink to work with BBDM6. We hope to have something out later today, I'll keep you guys posted.

Update 8/16/2010 - Visit www.companionlink.com/bb6 for the latest info
    Last edited by companionlink; 08-16-10 at 02:11 PM.
    08-13-10 10:12 AM
    Alright everyone, thanks for your patience over the weekend. We have a beta for you to try that works with BlackBerry Desktop 6. Visit this page for instructions and the beta download - www.companionlink.com/bb6

We've tested all the major configurations, and appear to have things working somewhat smoothly. Feedback is much appreciated, so if you have any comments or outstanding issues, please let us know.
    08-16-10 05:02 PM
    Companionlink Beta downloaded and reinstalled BBDM6...it works!. I have performed at least three syncs and all appears to be working as should. No issues, hic ups or system lock ups. Will continue to monitor and report any issues when, or should, they come up.

Kudos to the Companionlink team for the quick fix..it was worth the wait!
    08-18-10 04:18 PM
    Thanks joebeans! We're getting lots of positive reports now with this new build. Disaster averted!
    08-20-10 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD