Hi Folks,

This is my first theme (and first post).

This theme is based off of the L theme hidden and regular today w/weather v2 by mjhubbard. I used this theme but found that it didn't meet all my needs. It was missing a decent sized banner notification area and transitions. So, I took it upon myself to try the Theme Studio to make my own theme. Credit goes largely to mjhubbard, as I based a lot of the ideas of my theme off of his.

The theme is designed for OS 4.7 on 9630 (Tour). Not tested on other OS's or phones but I have exported it for 5.0 OS as a request. I have not personally tested it, however.

Notable features of the theme are:

• Wider banner notification area (under the date)
    • 9 homescreen icons in an L shape + 1 for weather
    • Unique homescreen and lock wallpaper (courtesy of Crackberry.com)
    • Transitions - scrolling menus and fades to and from applications
    • Hidden Today area with 7 entries

Screenshots:

Since this is my first theme I am more than open to suggestions for improvement. I'm sure many of you are more skilled at this than I and can offer some meaningful suggestions. I am also willing to make the .thm file available to anyone who wants it (I'm all about Open Source :P).

OTA 4.7 Download

OTA 5.0 Download

Desktop install with QuickLaunch shortcut (courtesy of mscooley)

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Riley600; 12-13-09 at 06:27 PM.
    12-04-09 07:50 PM
    Looks great! Visible messages and today would be great too. Perhaps messages on top with 2 and calendar below w/at least 3 entries? What do you think?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 08:12 PM
    I think it could be done, yep. I'd have to play around in the Theme Studio. But I'll see what I can come up with
    12-04-09 08:27 PM
    Im new to themes. Can I download this with my own picture? I like that it has more icons and a weather slot. Do I just download a weather app like weatherbug to get the weather to display on my homescreen weather slot?
    Last edited by brihvac; 12-04-09 at 09:03 PM.
    12-04-09 08:47 PM
    Great Job! I just downloaded it and it works really well. Keep up the good work=)
    12-04-09 08:52 PM
    Possible 5.0 OS mod?

12-04-09 09:28 PM
    Im new to themes. Can I download this with my own picture? I like that it has more icons and a weather slot. Do I just download a weather app like weatherbug to get the weather to display on my homescreen weather slot?
    You can set your own homescreen wallpaper after you install the theme. You are not restricted to the default wallpaper which I have selected.

And for the "weather slot", you can put any icon there. It doesn't necessarily need to be a weather application. But if you want a weather application there, something like Weatherbug or Weathereye (which is what I use) would work. It just has to be place in the 10th slot on the application screen - as the order of the icons on the homescreen is set based on that.
    12-04-09 09:31 PM
    I have a Theme Studio related question, if you please. How do you get rid of the home screen (and app screen) banners? I'd like to do that, as well as move the banner down to the bottom to perhaps develop a more "wallpaper-friendly" theme. I appreciate your input! (obviously I not RTFM yet)
    12-04-09 09:33 PM
    Possible 5.0 OS mod?

If that involves exporting it for 5.0 OS, then yes...I can do that easily. Is this something you'd want?
    12-04-09 09:34 PM
    I have a Theme Studio related question, if you please. How do you get rid of the home screen (and app screen) banners? I'd like to do that, as well as move the banner down to the bottom to perhaps develop a more "wallpaper-friendly" theme. I appreciate your input! (obviously I not RTFM yet)
    AHazDesigns
    That man taught me pretty much everything I know about Theme Studio. I'm sure your answer is in there. I believe it relates to using a transparent gif that 1x1 pixel and setting that as the banner background.
    12-04-09 09:37 PM
    @Riley...Yes, please. Thx!

12-04-09 09:49 PM
    @Riley...Yes, please. Thx!

Ok, exported for 5.0 OS. I haven't tested it, so you can be my guinea pig. Hope it works!
    12-04-09 09:59 PM
    love the theme! exactly what im looking for.
    12-04-09 10:33 PM
    Looks/works great on 5.0! Thx!

12-04-09 10:43 PM
    I'm looking at making a permanent messages/calendar on the homescreen but I'm not exactly sure how to do it. Anyone got some tips that might help?
    12-04-09 10:58 PM
    cool. love basic mods off the default theme. will check it out on my os5hybrid now
    12-04-09 11:02 PM
    I have been using the Hubbard L theme (calendar and messages) for most of my Tour's life and will give yours a try. Darn Tour is taking its sweet time rebooting (for other reasons) so I have not yet installed but sent myself the link for later.

I've read about themes where the SPACEBAR can invoke a program such as Quicklaunch and while I do use that one, I actually use Intellilaunch much more so I was wondering if there is a way to create a "flexible" assignment to the Sparebar and if you might experiment.
    12-04-09 11:37 PM
    Not sure how that would be implemented. It may be beyond my rookie skill set. If someone wants to provide some tips or work on the .thm file for some variations, I would be happy to provide it.
    12-05-09 01:54 AM
    Looking forward to the today plus!

12-05-09 08:36 AM
    Riley, what's your take on custom themes? Or maybe a suggestion for another version?

Can you throw the background back behind the banner and I don't know how familiar you are with OS 5.0 but can you put the same shading behind the bottom and side icons?

FYI: The shading behind the icons in OS 5.0 looks like this:

Last edited by tturner23; 12-05-09 at 02:11 PM.
    12-05-09 01:26 PM
    The issue with creating shading around the banner and icons is that it will overlap with the top icon on the L. The first icon cheats into the banner space, so if I can find a way to shade both then perhaps it will work.

Shading the top banner is easy. The icons, I will have to look into a little more. If it's easy, I'll do a theme with shading. However, at the moment it doesn't look immediately evident to me.
    12-05-09 09:29 PM
    Riley600, any chance for future plans of implementing space bar as a hotkey for QuickLaunch?
    Love the theme btw, great job..
    12-05-09 10:42 PM
    Sounds like a good mod.
    But I'm not sure how to do that. It might be done with a script which is beyond my skillset.
    If someone knows how, I would be interested to learn.
    12-05-09 11:40 PM
    Sounds like a good mod.
    But I'm not sure how to do that. It might be done with a script which is beyond my skillset.
    If someone knows how, I would be interested to learn.
    While in Composer, click on Interactivity Menu(at top) & select Hotkey Actions. Then select the Launch App button in "Add Action" section. In the key field at the top press ur space bar(or whatever key you want to bind to it). Towards the bottom, select third party app and type QuickLaunch. Hope that helps man..
    12-06-09 09:19 AM
    Riley:

Maybe the author of the theme in this thread could help you since he apparently got help from another person. The theme allows either quicklaunch or shortcutme (I would like intellilaunch):

http://forums.crackberry.com/f148/kd...-theme-379510/
    12-06-09 09:20 AM
128 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD