Software For BlackBerry� Bold (TM) 9700 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.1965 (All Languages)

Package Version: 6.0.0.1965
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.461
    Software Platform: 6.6.0.137
    File name: 9700AllLang_PBr6.0.0_rel1965_PL6.6.0.137_A6.0.0.46 1_Telus_Mobility.exe
    File size: 171.52MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software Here

------

Also available from:

3 Indonesia

AXIS Indonesia

Indosat

XL Indonesia
    Last edited by rroyy; 03-04-11 at 01:44 PM.
    03-01-11 09:34 AM
    Now let's see Sasktel release OS6
    03-01-11 09:51 AM
    Can someone run a comparison between this release and the leak? Should we assume that they are identical?
    03-01-11 09:53 AM
    Any differences from .448?
    03-01-11 10:05 AM
    Haven't downloaded but just noticed the offical has a smaller download then the leak did, possibly some changes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-11 10:10 AM
    Can someone run a comparison between this release and the leak? Should we assume that they are identical?

It has been said many times before, leak or official are exactly the same. The OS files remain intact. it's just that a carrier declares it official after doing their batch of tests on it to ensure customers will be happy.

Sometimes they dont have the luxury of the time which is why you see some leaks go official on other carriers and not yours.

You can always install any OS leaked or official, from whatever carrier, safely, just delete the vendor.xml file and you're fine
    03-01-11 10:11 AM

The way I understand is that its the same. So if you have the Leak, you don't need to install this
    theninjasquad likes this.
    03-01-11 10:14 AM
    Any differences from .448?
    Check the forum thread about the leaked .461 to see the comparison.
    03-01-11 10:14 AM
    I'm excited to get home and try it out, I've heard good things about hybrids though

03-01-11 10:30 AM
    if i install the new office release OS6 from Telus on At&t 9700.
    never have installed a non-at&t official OS.
    everything will work?
    thanks.
    03-01-11 10:30 AM
    i guess the only thing i like abt the official ones would be the fact that they will come in all languages instead of multilanguage.

this way, there will be the east asian language pack, other than that, there is really no difference.
    03-01-11 10:31 AM
    @ jman, this is kind of answered afew post ontop of yours. =)

It has been said many times before, leak or official are exactly the same. The OS files remain intact. it's just that a carrier declares it official after doing their batch of tests on it to ensure customers will be happy.

Sometimes they dont have the luxury of the time which is why you see some leaks go official on other carriers and not yours.

You can always install any OS leaked or official, from whatever carrier, safely, just delete the vendor.xml file and you're fine
    03-01-11 10:33 AM
    ignore the version number, this is the basic method.

Plug in your phone and use Desktop Manager 6.0 (DM) to make a backup of your device. Also make sure your BBM backup settings are enabled - registered email for remote backup and do a local backup too just in case - look in BBM options.

Close DM and:

Uninstall any OLD BlackBerry OS versions from your computer if you have them. You can find your installed programs in Windows by going to control panel/programs and features. You're looking for "BlackBerry Device Software".

Install .337 to your computer. This means you double click on the OS.exe file that you downloaded and let Windows install it.

C:\program files(86)\common files\research in motion\apploader\

From there delete vendor.xml, if it's there, then run loader.exe

Follow the instructions - make sure you look closely at the list of items that have or do not have check marks next to them so you install what you want and don't install what you don't want.

When the popup asks if it should make a backup of your device and restore your 3rd party apps, it should be selected to do it. Do not change it.

Wait about 15-20 minutes for the process to complete and your phone to reboot completely before disconnecting.

Enjoy and let us know how it went. Always remember it takes several battery pulls while you're getting your phone running again before the OS becomes stable. If it seems slow at first just give it some time to do it's thing and when it seems to have caught up, do another battery pull.

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have any trouble!
    djmm2, mssca, phrappa and 3 others like this.
    03-01-11 10:38 AM
    Check the forum thread about the leaked .461 to see the comparison.
    Thanks, I thought this was the forum thread for this *bbm embarrassed emoticon*
    03-01-11 10:42 AM
    download slow as usual, will post up findings after I have run it for all of today...hopefully the memory leak is better...
    03-01-11 11:50 AM
    I will download this when I get home tonight...

I need the following to work:

Facebook
    Beejive

Can anyone confirm if these two work on 6.0 on a 9700?
    03-01-11 01:19 PM
    I will download this when I get home tonight...

I need the following to work:

Facebook
    Beejive

Can anyone confirm if these two work on 6.0 on a 9700?
    No problem with Facebook...
    03-01-11 01:54 PM
    Bookmarks still messed up on the official That's a deal breaker for me. Back to Bell .448 I go.
    03-01-11 02:26 PM
    I've been running the leaked .461 for 9 days.

Really like OS6........works great for me.

I have tried a number of apps (QL, BerryWeather, BeBuzz, Google Maps, Opera, Bolt, Bloomberg Mobile, DirecTV, Crackberry Superstore)... and a few others. Everything works great (except 1 glitch in the Crackberry Superstore).

Blackberry Native apps (BBM, Twitter, App World, BBMaps, etc) all working. There is the issue about losing the cursor in BBM........you can still see the cursor when on the text entry line.........you simply lose it when you scroll up the screen. Not a big deal at all really and there is a fix/upgrade available for this.

The best........it's really snappy!!

The bad.....some minor memory leak (and reported by many others). I do not find it to be bad at all.

Wish I would have installed it sooner. Really like OS6.
    03-01-11 03:46 PM
    So is .641 the undisputed best OS for the 9700? And anyone know if Beejive works? I remember installing the very FIRST 6.0 leak on the 9700 and not liking it.. i hope these new ones are better.
    03-01-11 05:07 PM
    I will fownloaded and installed this official today. Let's see how its work.
    Haha

03-01-11 06:48 PM
    Does this version support Asian languages?
    03-01-11 08:07 PM
    So is .641 the undisputed best OS for the 9700? And anyone know if Beejive works? I remember installing the very FIRST 6.0 leak on the 9700 and not liking it.. i hope these new ones are better.
    I want to know if beejive works too. I remember when I installed those early leaks of OS6, beejive kept crashing and closed down.

03-01-11 08:16 PM
    fyi: i'm running the leaked version.

i had bad battery drain the first time i installed 461. after a recharge all has been very good.

after loading tons of os5 and os6 448 (forgot exact number haha), this was the first where i had finally understood the battery break in period haha. again after the first recharge all was good and normal.

please note i use my 9700 in china, where bb plans are difficult to obtain, so i use it as a normal phone with a normal data plan. thus, no bbm, push, bb app world, etc.
    03-01-11 08:32 PM
    hey any one tells me how much battery time does this OS gives you , i am using 9700 OS :6.0.0.461 leaked version and it gives me one day battery life , but i use bbm a LOT ! all day with normal browsing and emails.
    03-01-11 10:34 PM
139 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD