Ok just wanted to share my luck with everyone, lol. Got my new replacement 9550 and was happy as a mofo. Screen was perfect! Then, walked outside the next day and dropped it in my rockbed!!!! So now it's either pay 80 for an insurance claim or 30 for a new (not fixed from RIM) screen. And I'm hoping that does the job because the screen won't even click at all. So basically I'm right back were I started, lol. Luckily tho, I hadn't sent the older one back yet so I'm using that one until I get the screen in. Damn this is aggravating!!!!!Attachment 57578

Attachment 57579

Attachment 57580
    03-18-10 11:49 AM
    That's sad. You should put your new/fixed one in a good case for future protection.
    03-18-10 11:52 AM
    Yea I really should Grey.Usually have in my holster al the time but walked out in a hurry and tried to shut my breezeway door. If all else fails and the screen doesn't work like it should I will just do the insurance claim. No biggie. I just hate getting new activation codes and all that stuff for a new pin, reloading, etc.
    03-18-10 11:58 AM
    Crazy.. sounds like the type of luck I have from time to time.
    03-18-10 11:59 AM
    mfgrs need to step up to the plate and begin using far tougher glass. AFAIK, they aren't using Gorilla glass on the storm yet.
    03-18-10 12:05 PM
    Yea that would be nice Dave. I think if I would have just dropped it on my driveway or something it would have been alright, but right in my rockbed is not good, lol.
    03-18-10 12:11 PM
    hmmm when I just paid my insurance premium on monday instore to replace my S2 for a screen crack from pressing my end key it was $50 flat.
    03-18-10 12:45 PM
    hmmm when I just paid my insurance premium on monday instore to replace my S2 for a screen crack from pressing my end key it was $50 flat.
    yea I seen your post the other day Trail. I don't get it. Lol. I hate to sound like a crook but I might just replace the screen then call and say that one isn't working either. I figure I pay Verizon 350 a month I kinda deserve it?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-10 12:53 PM
    to each their own my friend, to each their own.
    03-18-10 01:03 PM
    The cellular carriers are crooks too, you just dont hear about it much!!!
    03-18-10 01:34 PM
    The cellular carriers are crooks too, you just dont hear about it much!!!
    My thoughts exactly UGA. I mean c'mon, they nickel and dime you to death. And I'm sure there are some charges on my bill that I'm not supposed to get and don't catch sometimes too. But, that's just the way the game is played i guess.
    03-18-10 01:49 PM
    ....why people think they need to start a thread so the world can read about their inane carelessness.

Do you think we don't know you're not supposed to drop it?
    03-18-10 02:00 PM
    ....why people think they need to start a thread so the world can read about their inane carelessness.

why people need to put useless posts in a (useless) thread? Do you think we don't know you are supposed to post something useful in a thread? It says it in the title what it is, if your not interested get the f on.
    03-18-10 02:07 PM
    I feel your pain. Hypothetically of course. But i do.
    03-18-10 02:23 PM
    I feel your pain. Hypothetically of course. But i do.
    Lol, I knew someone could relate.
    03-18-10 02:28 PM
    Ouch!!!

Someone should invent a wrist strap for the blackberries, like the one you get with Wii remotes and cameras, no more dropping pains!!! Could probably guarantee that the one time you don't have the wrist strap on is the time you drop it though. A neck strap could be cool too, as long as you didn't walk into a wall.

Russ.
    03-18-10 02:52 PM

Ever heard of the word accident?????? With the way you come across you are perfect in every way, haven't done anything wrong or dropped nothing lol....oh wait you are human just like the OP and the rest of the world. Not infallible.
    Last edited by trailblazen; 03-18-10 at 03:33 PM.
    03-18-10 03:21 PM
    Ok just wanted to share my luck with everyone, lol. Got my new replacement 9550 and was happy as a mofo. Screen was perfect! Then, walked outside the next day and dropped it in my rockbed!!!! So now it's either pay 80 for an insurance claim or 30 for a new (not fixed from RIM) screen. And I'm hoping that does the job because the screen won't even click at all. So basically I'm right back were I started, lol. Luckily tho, I hadn't sent the older one back yet so I'm using that one until I get the screen in. Damn this is aggravating!!!!!Attachment 57578

Attachment 57579

Attachment 57580
    Where do you buy a new screen for $30??? I have a hairline fracture across my screen and have absolutely no clue how it happened. That is my luck in a nutshell lately....
    03-18-10 03:24 PM
    Found one on EBay from a seller that I have bought from before. As soon as I get home I will send ya the link. :0)

03-18-10 03:51 PM
    Tell us how you changed out the screen, as I have read it is a PITA and there is no clear instructions available for the S2.

03-18-10 04:21 PM
    Where do you buy a new screen for $30??? I have a hairline fracture across my screen and have absolutely no clue how it happened. That is my luck in a nutshell lately....
    Here's the link Prov. I have bought from these guys before and I trust them. Says it comes with the tools also. If I don't like it I guess I'm out 30 bucks but I'm willing to try it. Blackberry Storm 2 II 9550 Glass Digitizer Touch Screen - eBay (item 220562798296 end time Mar-27-10 15:53:48 PDT)
    03-18-10 04:29 PM
    Tell us how you changed out the screen, as I have read it is a PITA and there is no clear instructions available for the S2.

I haven't changed it out yet, but as soon as I do I will let ya know how it went. I believe there are some videos on here already of people who have done it tho.
    03-18-10 04:31 PM
    I'm with you too happened to me when I had the storm1. Hope everything comes out ok
    03-18-10 04:36 PM
    Yeah, that looks like the glass "overlay". My actual LCD is fractured because the top 3/4 of the screen is black....i found the part I think I need on ebay and it is $120 bucks....still might be worth it
    03-18-10 04:59 PM
    Just went ahead and did the insurance claim. Btw. When I spoke with VZW they said 80 bucks. Went to Asurion online and it only charged me 50. So like you said Trail, was only 50. :0)

03-19-10 04:14 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD