Just received another replacement today for a stiff screen. While booting up, the screen feels PERFECT. Very light to click with no pressure, but as soon as it boots up, that all goes away. Screen becomes very stiff and makes typing almost impossible.

It came loaded with 607 so I thought it was an OS issue. I loaded 517 back on there and still have the same issue. No apps were loaded at the time.
    I did many battery pulls and still have the stiff screen. Every time its loading up, its perfect. I'm not sure what else to try.

Has anyone else experienced this? Verizon has offered to ship me another replacement device before giving me an early upgrade because of all the issues. Hopefully the new one wont be as bad.
    05-19-10 04:42 PM
    As much as an early upgrade might sound nice, it equals $'s out of pocket for you as well as another 2 years servitude. That is unless you don't mind it.

I've had MANY replacements; actually getting to be a joke now.

Have them fix the issue; don't give them the easy out.
    05-19-10 05:45 PM
    I agree. Just keep replacing it until they get it right.
    05-19-10 10:20 PM
    I toke mine to a Verizon store, today, for that same problem. They took it in the back for adjustment. It came back out to me. Much better!!
    05-19-10 10:20 PM
    I was supposed to get my replacement today but the technician forgot to place the order so now I'm waiting for it tomorrow. My fingers are are actually getting tired from trying to type on this stiff screen :\
    05-20-10 11:52 AM
    is it just like right after it boots? Does it settle out after a little while? When mine first boots it is a little stiff, but after things like weather berry update themselves, and the email servers are checked etc it settles down a bit.

They all are a little stiff for the first 2-3 minutes. This is a serious question too, not trying to make fun.

Peace.
    05-20-10 12:50 PM
    I toke mine to a Verizon store, today, for that same problem. They took it in the back for adjustment. It came back out to me. Much better!!
    You sure they didn't just give you a different device?
    05-20-10 02:28 PM
    is it just like right after it boots? Does it settle out after a little while? When mine first boots it is a little stiff, but after things like weather berry update themselves, and the email servers are checked etc it settles down a bit.

They all are a little stiff for the first 2-3 minutes. This is a serious question too, not trying to make fun.

Peace.
    It feels fine as its booting but RIGHT after, it gets stiff. It doesn't settle in. There have been a few times when it seemed to have gotten better, but it wasn't by much and didn't last long.

Thanx to a Verizon rep screwing something up, I'll be getting 2 replacements tomorrow instead of the 1. Hopefully one of those work the way it should or I'm selling mine and getting something else.

EDIT: By the way, they are not all a little stiff at first. The last working one I had stayed consistent from the moment I turned it on.
    Last edited by lpstreetsoldierm; 05-21-10 at 12:17 AM.
    05-20-10 11:09 PM
    that happened to me with 2 s2 s
    05-21-10 08:07 AM
    You sure they didn't just give you a different device?
    Possitive!!!!!
    05-21-10 08:09 AM
    Oh my gosh I just had the exact same issue!!! Open firing it up it clicked SO GREAT...and within 30 seconds it's far too stiff. If it would have kept the same firmness as what it was when it started I couldn't have been happier. But this firmness is worse than what my "bad" Storm has. And I haven't loaded anything on it because I didn't want anyone to try to say it's an app/software issue.

So it's a dud?
    05-21-10 10:01 AM
    Exact same issue with my replacement that I received about a week ago. I'm now on my third S2 and still having issues. My problem is a little different because not only is it stiff, but it will randomly change to being TOO sensitive as well. Sometimes it's as if the sensors actuate with merely a touch and no pressure at all. Very seldom has this one worked as it is supposed to.

I know some people are happy with the device, but this is getting old. There is zero excuse for having to go through four devices to get one that works. It's not as if these are cheap electronics...this is supposed to be a premium device and it should work out of the box and should work regardless of what apps are loaded.
    05-21-10 10:47 AM
    Mine is so sensitive at times I can't even scroll without accidentally clicking the screen. I thought it was the apps I was putting on the phone so I did a security wipe and installed just My Verizon. It still does it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-10 08:50 PM
    I had 4 replacements this week and none worked. Beyond bull****.
    05-22-10 05:18 PM
    Well I have only one issue the return button is stiff every once in awhile kinda wierd I think for S2 cuzz in my opinion the whole bottom of screen should be stiff rite or loose becuse its one sheet of glass....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-10 11:50 PM
    I know this is reviving an old thread, but I thought that would be better than create a new one of the same topic. I'm getting ready to upgrade to the Storm 2 (work replacement...and yes, they are seriously delayed in their new model roll-out). I've been messing around with the in-store models. So at the risk of getting seriously flamed here...can these issues of the screen stiffness be corrected by adjusting the setting in the Options - Screen/Keyboard - Touchscreen? When I was messing with the in-store phone, I adjusted the "Swipe Sensitivity" down and it allowed me to click much easier. Not sure if this is the same thing you are seeing, but worth asking.

Thanks
    07-19-10 07:08 PM
    I had 4 replacements this week and none worked. Beyond bull****.
    I agree. Your bull**** is Beyond bull****.
    07-19-10 07:23 PM
    I know this is reviving an old thread, but I thought that would be better than create a new one of the same topic. I'm getting ready to upgrade to the Storm 2 (work replacement...and yes, they are seriously delayed in their new model roll-out). I've been messing around with the in-store models. So at the risk of getting seriously flamed here...can these issues of the screen stiffness be corrected by adjusting the setting in the Options - Screen/Keyboard - Touchscreen? When I was messing with the in-store phone, I adjusted the "Swipe Sensitivity" down and it allowed me to click much easier. Not sure if this is the same thing you are seeing, but worth asking.

Thanks
    I am no longer experiencing extreme stiffness of the screen...I'm running a .713 hybrid.
    07-20-10 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD