First of all the phone is brand new and not a referb. It comes in a service box with a back cover and new SIM thats all. The date on mine under the battery door is 240210 So I guess that means Feb 24th 2010. here are some pictures. Note the green dot on box flap.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-08-10 at 06:20 PM.
    03-08-10 06:09 PM
    HOLY COW I just booted the new phone up the screen touch is incredible. It takes but a feathers touch to click the screen now. Its like a whole new phone.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-08-10 at 06:21 PM.
    03-08-10 06:16 PM
    so this makes what... 28347238 replacements now?
    03-08-10 06:22 PM
    so this makes what... 28347238 replacements now?
    RIMs fault not mine.
    03-08-10 06:24 PM
    interesting... since my fiancee and I have had our Storm 2 since December, without fail. I could argue that her screen is "better" than mine, but mine works just as it should. So flippin what if it's a little "off" and not PERFECTLY flush. It works, and that's what counts.

Enjoy your new phone, while I look at my bill and wonder why it went up when I haven't changed anything...
    03-08-10 06:26 PM
    awesome. hope I get something similar tomorrow (mine is scheduled to be delivered by fedex). thanks for the pics. now I know exactly where to look and also nice to know about the green dot on the box ( I was thinking that RIM was only going to put the green dot on the retail boxes)
    03-08-10 06:36 PM
    I assume the OS is the same, 320, but humor us for a second....

I have no complaints about my S2, but the thought of a completely new phone with the enhancements is nice....do you just ask for a new one or do they have to check your current one?
    03-08-10 06:39 PM
    I assume the OS is the same, 320, but humor us for a second....

I have no complaints about my S2, but the thought of a completely new phone with the enhancements is nice....do you just ask for a new one or do they have to check your current one?
    speaking for myself, I wasn't asked diddly squat when I said I wanted the newer phone. i went to the verizon store, showed them a printout of the info on the OP of the other screen thread here, and they ordered me a phone, no questions asked. i never took my phone out of it's case while I was at the store.
    03-08-10 06:46 PM
    How, is the screen? Is it flush, as opposed to the originals that were really low at one corner? Any other details to share? Mine comes tomorrow and I'm just curious as to what is should I expect. Thanks.
    03-08-10 06:47 PM
    The screen is nice and flush. This one made in Mexico. The operating system is the same 320. If you look at my picture of the box flap label you will see it on there. The line just above gives you the mfg. date also it starts with RIM-
    03-08-10 06:55 PM
    it wont matter what they replace the storm 2 with, certain people will still find ish to ***** about even though there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
    03-08-10 06:56 PM
    it wont matter what they replace the storm 2 with, certain people will still find ish to ***** about even though there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
    I have yet to see a "perfect" phone. so to say that there is "absolutely nothing wrong with it" seems rather farfetched. all products have defects in some samples.
    03-08-10 06:57 PM
    so true lol
    03-08-10 06:58 PM
    Cool, the OS will get changed to .451 anyway but I'm ready for mine.

I really have no complaints about my current S2 but they offered a "fixed" one and I wasn't about to say no. But at the same time we did pay for the device so we do have the right to complain about it.
    03-08-10 07:00 PM
    So true
    03-08-10 07:03 PM
    I have yet to see a "perfect" phone. so to say that there is "absolutely nothing wrong with it" seems rather farfetched. all products have defects in some samples.
    No such thing as a perfect anything, but its sure funny how people complain about there device just to get a replacement device when there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with it. Ive said it for over a year now, USER ERROR is the major factor when it comes to problems/issues with any BB or any smartphone for that matter. Gotta love it.
    03-08-10 07:06 PM
    No such thing as a perfect anything, but its sure funny how people complain about there device just to get a replacement device when there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with it. Ive said it for over a year now, USER ERROR is the major factor when it comes to problems/issues with any BB or any smartphone for that matter. Gotta love it.
    gotta love your condescending attitude that problems people have MUST be due to their ineptitude with technology. I find that's a generalization that begs the question about an OS that isn't user friendly. In other words: people aren't as stupid as you'd make them out to be, Paul. the storm has had a very checkered past. If you can't admit that basic fact, I doubt we can have a serious discussion.
    03-08-10 07:11 PM
    Cool, the OS will get changed to .451 anyway but I'm ready for mine.

I really have no complaints about my current S2 but they offered a "fixed" one and I wasn't about to say no. But at the same time we did pay for the device so we do have the right to complain about it.
    If you had no complaints then WHY get a replacement? As the old saying goes "if it ain't broke don't fix it".
    03-08-10 07:14 PM
    gotta love your condescending attitude that problems people have MUST be due to their ineptitude with technology. I find that's a generalization that begs the question about an OS that isn't user friendly. In other words: people aren't as stupid as you'd make them out to be, Paul. the storm has had a very checkered past. If you can't admit that basic fact, I doubt we can have a serious discussion.
    Im not referring to the S1. The S2 is a FAR better device. I dont feel like proving any points over peoples ability to grasp how to operate a device. Its been proven by so many people that user error is the main factor when it comes to problems/issues. I never said that the S2 is perfect but we all know there is no such thing as a perfect device.
    03-08-10 07:19 PM
    If you had no complaints then WHY get a replacement? As the old saying goes "if it ain't broke don't fix it".
    Well, it seems to me that RIM was the one that decided it was broke and they decided to fix it. If they are willing to replace my phone, that they, RIM, deems defective, then i'm not going to argue with them. I understand why some people don't want to get theirs replaced, but some of us did.
    03-08-10 07:21 PM
    Im not referring to the S1. The S2 is a FAR better device. I dont feel like proving any points over peoples ability to grasp how to operate a device. Its been proven by so many people that user error is the main factor when it comes to problems/issues. I never said that the S2 is perfect but we all know there is no such thing as a perfect device.
    yes the s2 is much improved, along with 320 over S1 with 148.
    03-08-10 07:21 PM
    Well, it seems to me that RIM was the one that decided it was broke and they decided to fix it. If they are willing to replace my phone, that they, RIM, deems defective, then i'm not going to argue with them. I understand why some people don't want to get theirs replaced, but some of us did.
    Not everyone has the problem, so if you didn't have an issues why get it replaced? You can get it replaced and who knows that replacement could be worse then the one you have or anyone of us have.
    03-08-10 07:25 PM
    Not everyone has the problem, so if you didn't have an issues why get it replaced? You can get it replaced and who knows that replacement could be worse then the one you have or anyone of us have.
    I completely agree with that. And I thought of that and I told the VZW rep I talked to on the phone that I wasn't sending mine back unless the "fixed" one is better. This costs me no money and I get to play with the phone that is supposed to be better.
    03-08-10 07:30 PM
    im curious to how the screen responds. i have one coming wednesday. how does it fell compared to a normal s2 operating on .451 or higher
    03-08-10 07:30 PM
    Exactly, We Have a Winner!
    03-08-10 07:31 PM
960 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD