Verizon CEO contact information:

Ivan G. Seidenberg
    140 West St
    New York, NY 10007
    (212)-395-1000

Let him have a piece of your mind.
    12-16-09 07:27 PM
    I thought this wasn't gonna be that bad... but i actually am really annoyed.

Bing has been HORRIBLE for me, so i end up typing in google.com in the browser and doing it the hard way. plus i miss wikipedia and dictionary.com.....

i still don't know HOW this happened. I rebooted my phone, but i never updated anything or resent service book. ...
    12-16-09 07:31 PM
    This is yet another reason im considering selling my S2 and moving to an android phone when my dads upgrade comes in febuary.... I can not stand bing.
    12-16-09 07:43 PM
    I've resent my service books, rebooted a few times and I still am able to search via the old search engines.

Unlocked Storm 2 on T-Mobile.
    12-16-09 08:17 PM
    I have a Storm on Verizon with the regular OS. I have reset phone and everything and still have access to Google etc.
    12-16-09 08:36 PM
    I have a Storm on Verizon with the regular OS. I have reset phone and everything and still have access to Google etc.
    I haven't tested..but when I did my install. I wiped all my data/sbooks and restored from backup just the important data (contacts calendar etc). I was having issues with bbm and trying to narrow it down.

In any case maybe if you clear the service books with ddm and just restore the service books from an old backup ..it would bring back the google search engines.
    Last edited by hudss; 12-16-09 at 09:06 PM.
    12-16-09 09:01 PM
    Regardless of browser performance, it is about choice. So when are we getting cracked service books?
    12-16-09 09:09 PM
    This just happened to me at about 9pm Central time. I've updated NOTHING in at least a week. I was using Google all night to search and after getting out of the shower, picked up my phone and noticed the Bing only option. I didn't even do a restart for this to take effect.

It not a BBM update and I haven't installed a leaked OS yet so this is a complete rollout for all Storm2 users it seems. I am EXTREMELY irritated by this move.
    12-16-09 09:16 PM
    This is yet another reason im considering selling my S2 and moving to an android phone when my dads upgrade comes in febuary.... I can not stand bing.
    All that testifies to is lack of judgment. BB is far superior to Android. If you really have to have google (puke) just make a favorite for Google. Or use Opera Mini which discriminates in the opposite direction (Google only).
    12-16-09 09:26 PM
    You guys should try to get this sticked and have this in the blog.
    12-16-09 09:26 PM
    All that testifies to is lack of judgment. BB is far superior to Android. If you really have to have google (puke) just make a favorite for Google. Or use Opera Mini which discriminates in the opposite direction (Google only).
    I do use opera mini.... its more the principal that they are forcing us into one browser choice (and it worries me that when webkit finally comes it will utilize bing only).... BB has advantages but without updates i really dont see how it is far superior besides with non gmail email.
    12-16-09 09:37 PM
    Wow, amazed they pushed Bing to everyone. So is the next hybrid going to include the google search service books?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-09 09:40 PM
    If you read throught this whole thread you will see that this is happening to people other than just Storm users. I think I remember some Tour users and a few other models.

It also was not a VZW-wide push, so when people are getting it is staggered. And I dont see any posts from Storm 2 users that are on like Rogers, Vodafone having this issue.
    12-16-09 09:44 PM
    How dumb. I don't like bing.
    12-16-09 11:26 PM
    I still have google on verizon with os .348

12-16-09 11:27 PM
    i am currently using the .320 that came with the S2 and haven't updated anything on my phone in days and I now only have the Bing option. So I don't think it has anything to do with people updating their OS to .428 or the BBM...this crap was just pushed through with no rhyme or reason.
    12-16-09 11:36 PM
    My 9630 seems to be working fine, I've been using google all day did not know about this until I read this. Now will be keeping an eye on my brower to see if changes anytime soon, as I too love google way better than bing

12-16-09 11:41 PM
    I have never activated the Bing icon (I hid it) and I still have the option of using Google and Yahoo as my search engines.
    12-16-09 11:45 PM
    go here i just found this
    bingwatch
    12-16-09 11:51 PM
    wow this is ridiculous ... i was getting annoyed when verizon pushed vzwtones and all that junk to my bb ... one of the reasons i got a bb when i got my first one was so i wouldn't have to deal with all the vzw junk and be able to do things my way ... now i am really happy i switched to the eris ... god forbid vzw decides to govern android phones too though ...
    12-16-09 11:54 PM
    I'm stuck with Bing as the only option in my browser on my 9550 but my wife has a 8130 and she still has all the options on hers... I had to rebooted hers and resent the service books to her 8130 and she still has Google, Dictionary, wikipedia and live search. She asked me why I was having a cow because she doesn't see the big deal about not having google. Said google and bing were essentially the same, HA! Hardly the same... I tried to call verizon but apparently they are closed right now. You better believe that I'll call in the morning if this garbage isn't fixed by then! I hate bing with a passion!!!
    12-16-09 11:54 PM
    I have an 8830 using 4.5 and on an enterprise server. No signs of Bing...it isn't even an option.

12-16-09 11:57 PM
    Last time I checked, "Bing" isn't a verb in Webster's Dictionary. Verizon = FAIL.
    12-16-09 11:57 PM
    This is what I don't get .. "Default" search provider is just that .. "default" = what you see when the browser opens .. I still think this is just a big screw up and they were trying to redo the search window so "Live Search" was changed to "Bing", which appeared as default ... The list would then have google, wiki, and dictionary,,,

I mean if they were trying to screw Google, why bring Dictionary.com and Wiki into the fight ... they are not Bing's competition, Google is .... Just my .02 .. We shall see how it all pans out ...
    12-16-09 11:59 PM
    Phew! I thought i was the only one experiencing this problem. As of Tuesday evening is when bing was the only thing showing up!
    12-17-09 12:00 AM
906 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD