That's like what the iphone has, you put the phone up to your ear and it turns off the screen Helpful!
    OS. .140 already has the screen fade and lock no more need for aftermarket apps like stormlock or slide lock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 04:24 PM
    Really excited to find out what the "big news" of this device will be..basically what makes the Storm 2 the Storm 2.

08-14-09 05:27 PM
    Thanks for the write up Kevin.
    Can you shed some light on the HSPA frequencies???
    They should just build 850/1900 into the 9550, along side with 2100 and make everyone happy???
    You can tell us that can't you... come on.... ???
    08-14-09 06:35 PM
    kevin, thanks for all your insight and information thus far.. it's certainly greatly appreciated! the one question i had was do you feel there will/will not be a dust issue? does this feel model feel more solid like less chances of dust getting under the screen, etc?
    08-14-09 07:31 PM
    Hey Guys,

Sorry for all the waiting.

3. Does Storm 2 have a faster processor?
    I believe it's the same processor, but that RIM found a way to get it "clocked" faster. Think of it as Turbo boost. I think this is part of the reason people with early prototype devices have had issues with loading software. The oldest devices didn't have turbo, the newer hardware does, and the turbo builds wouldn't run on the non-turbo builds. Again.. I *think*.

OpenGL Support: Not sure at this time... Part of me thinks that Storm 1 was capable of OpenGL but they just didn't put enough memory into the device to actually ever enable its use. But am pretty sure RIM can implement it, so hope it makes it into Storm 2. I'd really love if they upped the device flash way higher than 256 megs, but that's still what I'm seeing. Still time for improvement.
    Thanks for the info!

I love everything you've told us, especially the knowledge that more is to come on the screen (I'm one of those that prefers no-click). But, my question is about OpenGL Support.

I'm no techie, so please be kind where I need correction, but as I understand it the Storm 1's chip already had a GPU on it that wasn't being utilized for some reason (read a very long and technical discussion about why, but it involved more technical knowledge than I possess).

So, is it possible that the "turbo" feeling you mentioned might be some form of implementation for the GPU already existing in Storm 1's? Is it possible that they are attempting to start utilizing the GPU to speed things up somehow? If so, I would be very happy to hear that.

Thanks in advance Kevin.
    08-14-09 08:18 PM
    I have been hearing some stuff lately. Don't flame...
    Applies to Telus/Bell users... about the 9530 and probably 9550.
    I've been told that when the Belus HSPA network drops... very soon, we will be surprised to see the 9530 catching 850/1900
    I've been told that the frequencies are there, along side 2100, but have been locked down somehow until the new network drops.
    Perhaps Kevin or somebody can shed some light on this????
    08-14-09 11:38 PM
    Will Storm 1 be able to run Storm 2 OS?

08-15-09 01:09 AM
    I hope it does.
    08-15-09 01:17 AM
    Any word about GPS on the storm 2?
    08-16-09 04:46 PM
    Any word about GPS on the storm 2?
    GPS is pretty much standard on BBs these days. I would be shocked if it wasn't included.
    08-18-09 01:45 PM
    is the new storm going to have a cut and paste option?
    08-18-09 02:29 PM
    is the new storm going to have a cut and paste option?
    Seeing as the S1 has that, I'm going with yes.
    08-18-09 02:32 PM
    Battery life, is there a significant improvement over the S1?
    08-18-09 02:52 PM
    am a bit confused, on the storm if you want to cut and paste, you can only use your fingers to "grab" the text to cut and paste. On the iphone and htc magic, you just simply long press the screen and options come up tocut and paste. Does the storm do that?
    08-18-09 03:48 PM
189 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD