Seems my phone key sticks quiet often just got this phone today what should I do should I return it or is it a software fix or so they all do this and I should try and live with it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 10:36 PM
    upgrade your OS to 428
    01-27-10 10:50 PM
    Where can I get it at

01-27-10 10:52 PM
    .428 doesn't fix it. Do a Search for the two Torx <sp> screws under the battery. I have the same problem and did the .428 upgrade it didn't help me
    01-28-10 06:34 AM
    .428 fixed my sticky keys 100%. I recommend trying that before you mess with the screen. Sorry I couldn't find a link for you though.

01-28-10 07:26 AM
    Are they the two torx screws on the left and right when I remove the battery door or r they underneath the battery?

01-28-10 07:29 AM
    Seems my phone key sticks quiet often just got this phone today what should I do should I return it or is it a software fix or so they all do this and I should try and live with it?

well some stick, whereas others don't at all. Mine sticks on rare occassion and hopefully didn't just jinx myself. Lol. But others have upgraded to .428 OS and helped their issue, where it did not help some. I have not loaded 428 yet myself so I can't comment on it. You can try like others have suggested, the worst thing is it just won't improve for you or it may solve your issue! If you upgrade and it doesn't work, then I would suggest down grading back to 320 only IF you plan on swapping your device out. Good luck!

01-28-10 07:32 AM
    Upgrading to .428 helped, but at least once or twice a day, I'd go to answer my phone and the send/answer button would not respond at all. Being a S1 owner as well, I decided to try the torx screw fix that was so popular on that phone. Under your battery cover, are two torx head screws about in the middle of the phone, on each of the long sides. One of them has a small white sticker with a centered red dot on it. Use a safety pin to lift an edge of the sticker and loosen the torx screws about a half revolution. I actually only loosened the one on the side of the send button, because that's the only side that gave me trouble. If all the bottom buttons stick on yours, then loosen both screws. You can't hurt anything doing this. I did mine 3 or 4 weeks ago and they have worked perfectly ever since work. Not a single failure. The whole thing takes about 60 seconds to do.
    01-28-10 07:50 AM
    If you break the sticker it voids the warranty, right?

01-28-10 08:19 AM
    If you break the sticker it voids the warranty, right?

That's hilarious. I just threw mine away. It sits right next to the battery and it's conceivable that it could come off at any battery change/pull. I also threw away the one for my S1 and had the phone at Verizon a few times with the tech doing his own battery pulls. Never said a word about my missing sticker.
    Last edited by grey; 01-28-10 at 08:36 AM.
    01-28-10 08:29 AM
    i have had sticky keys on 2 s2's....428 did not fix either of these...it made my current s2 better, but didn't necessarily get rid of the sticky unresponsive keys.
    01-28-10 08:40 AM
    Guess I got lucky That's great to know grey, I was always under the impression that those stickers were used to determine if the phone had been mechanically tampered with. Techs aren't always that bright though, so I don't think I would try it personally.

01-28-10 08:48 AM
    Aw some people say that software fixes it some say it does not fix it...
    Anyhow I tried to load the software but when I get to apploader and PIN I cant gho any farther because it doesnt pick up my device.
    01-28-10 09:10 AM
    Aw some people say that software fixes it some say it does not fix it...
    Anyhow I tried to load the software but when I get to apploader and PIN I cant gho any farther because it doesnt pick up my device.
    When you launch loader.exe, try right clicking it and select run as admin.
    01-28-10 09:23 AM
    When you launch loader.exe, try right clicking it and select run as admin.
    Couldnt even find that app loader comes up and it says device "pin" never locates my device....

So screw the software for now, ive been at it for about 2 hours and have gotten no where following the instructions and the download of the actual program was about it....
    01-28-10 09:42 AM
    Couldnt even find that app loader comes up and it says device "pin" never locates my device....

So screw the software for now, ive been at it for about 2 hours and have gotten no where following the instructions and the download of the actual program was about it....
    Here are the simplest upgrade instructions I have seen. This is what I've followed for all my upgrades:

Upgrade using loader.exe
    How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com
    01-28-10 01:08 PM
    Upgraded the insturtcions using APP loader, it was super easy, makes me wonder why some people would rather use desktop manager instead of app loader...
    01-28-10 04:14 PM
    Glad it worked for you. DM is good for some things (syncing to outlook, device switcher, backup), but it's a pain to use for an OS upgrade.
    01-28-10 05:16 PM
    Upgrading to .428 helped, but at least once or twice a day, I'd go to answer my phone and the send/answer button would not respond at all. Being a S1 owner as well, I decided to try the torx screw fix that was so popular on that phone. Under your battery cover, are two torx head screws about in the middle of the phone, on each of the long sides. One of them has a small white sticker with a centered red dot on it. Use a safety pin to lift an edge of the sticker and loosen the torx screws about a half revolution. I actually only loosened the one on the side of the send button, because that's the only side that gave me trouble. If all the bottom buttons stick on yours, then loosen both screws. You can't hurt anything doing this. I did mine 3 or 4 weeks ago and they have worked perfectly ever since work. Not a single failure. The whole thing takes about 60 seconds to do.
    I don't know about this, I found that these screws were both screwed in all the way on my Storm 2 and that loosening them 1-2 turns did basically nothing. So I screwed them back in.

The problems with the buttons not responding seems to have to do with the conductance in your fingers and other factors. Sometimes the buttons will be unresponsive and then free up as if the S2 has recalibrated the pressure required on the buttons.
    02-20-10 08:52 PM
    I don't know about this, I found that these screws were both screwed in all the way on my Storm 2 and that loosening them 1-2 turns did basically nothing. So I screwed them back in.

The problems with the buttons not responding seems to have to do with the conductance in your fingers and other factors. Sometimes the buttons will be unresponsive and then free up as if the S2 has recalibrated the pressure required on the buttons.
    Well I somewhat take this back. If you are looking at the back of the Storm 2, there is a torx screw on the left that is not covered in white stuff. I think I tightened this screw too much when I was trying to put things back the way they came from Verizon, because tonight I started getting multiple clicks on the "back" and "hangup" keys on the Storm2. So I backed this screw off just a tad and now things seem back to normal.
    02-21-10 07:32 PM
    Tagging for later, gotta try the screws, didn't know it worked for the s2 as well

02-21-10 07:52 PM

You Me and everyone else. If they say they don't they are liars.
    02-21-10 09:08 PM
    You Me and everyone else. If they say they don't they are liars.
    what do you mean by that?
    02-21-10 09:13 PM
    I upgraded the OS from .320 to .451 and it fixed it for me!
    02-21-10 09:18 PM
    Same for me...I upgraded to .451 and it fixed my end/send call sticking/multi click button problems (knock on wood)
    02-21-10 09:55 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD