Hi I just got the 8530 for sprint and I am trying to move my contacts and info from the Storm but when I plug in my new phone it keeps resetting my phone and Manager says that its either dead or resetting... I tried making compression turned off and auto using Mass Storage Protocol but to no avail...
    01-28-10 05:26 PM
    Make sure the phone is fairly charged, usb ports will charge it, but not if it's actively doing something else. Upgrade your DM if needed.
    Let us know if either helps.
    01-28-10 05:29 PM
    Windows tells me it has a failed driver install...
    01-28-10 05:31 PM
    Its 3/4 charged btw...
    01-28-10 05:34 PM
    Windows tells me it has a failed driver install...
    reloading or updating desktop manager may fix this.
    01-28-10 05:39 PM
    Could a setting on the blackberry cause it to reset when it gets plugged in because it fails due to that...
    01-28-10 06:09 PM
    Could a setting on the blackberry cause it to reset when it gets plugged in because it fails due to that...
    I'm not aware of such a setting. Are you using the cord supplied with the phone? Do you have a 2nd cord to try out?

Is the cord plugged into the pc, then when you plug in the phone it fails? If you're plugging the cord in with the phone already attached, try just the cord first, then the phone. Narrow the issue down a bit.
    Is this usb port one you've used for other things?
    It's sounding like a cord issue honestly, if it's shutting the phone off.
    01-28-10 07:02 PM
    I talked with sprint and replaced the phone but its still bugging even after a nice full nights charge... :S

EDIT: It keeps beeping on my computer as if it is being connected and disconnected... :S And I tried a different cord...
    Last edited by deth4uall; 01-29-10 at 02:23 PM.
    01-29-10 02:20 PM
    Well, if you've a new phone and new cord, next suspect becomes the USB port on the PC.....
    I'd seriously suggest removing and reinstalling the desktop manager tho... (again)
    01-29-10 02:50 PM
    Yep did all that and still its a pain in the arse...

Compression: Disabled
    Media Card Support: On
    Media Transfer Protocol (MTP): On
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Yes
    Does that look good?
    01-31-10 12:59 PM
    I talked with sprint and replaced the phone but its still bugging even after a nice full nights charge... :S

EDIT: It keeps beeping on my computer as if it is being connected and disconnected... :S And I tried a different cord...
    How many beeps on the computer?? This could mean a few things. Power ect. Sounds like the pc is the problem maybe. mmmm
    01-31-10 01:09 PM
    I am going to try connecting via another computer and see if thats the problem...

EDIT: Gods, why does my laptop have to be such a pain in the arse lol... The USB port on it was the problem... Any idea how to fix that?
    Last edited by deth4uall; 01-31-10 at 01:16 PM.
    01-31-10 01:13 PM
    In the PC open device manager, click on Universal Serial Bus controllers, double click USB Root Hub, and then click Power Management tab. Make sure that Allow the Computer to turn off this device to save power is not checked.
    01-31-10 01:15 PM
    Mmmm, thought it was the computer :-) lol. Seems your electronics has some gremlins. As stated above, device manager ect. ;-)
    01-31-10 01:20 PM
    Ok, the USB controller was fixed and I am still seeing a problem with it... :S

I saw a very faint outline of an error message:
    Unknown MTP Mode
    Error 354

???? Whats that mean?

And it only happens on my laptop, with windows 7, but none others so I am guessing its just my laptop it hates... lol...
    Last edited by deth4uall; 01-31-10 at 02:31 PM.
    01-31-10 01:42 PM
    Its windows 7...
    Same for me, plugged it into an XP machine, and it was perfectly fine
    02-08-10 10:48 AM
    I use windows 7 and have no problems with my laptop, desktop manager, and my 8520. If I had to make a guess I would say an incorrect driver for the USB Root Hub is installed for your laptop. I would do an uninstall in Device Manager and then reboot the computer. One question though - do you have any other USB devices such as a flash drive (memory stick) and do they work correctly?
    02-08-10 07:47 PM
    All other devices, including my wifes curve, work fine, and it ONLY started after 7 was installed..

I am an IT tech, but not much experience on 7 yet, so i agree, a possible USB driver maybe
    02-09-10 07:41 AM
    As was mentioned before try grabbing the latest blackberry desktop manager, uninstall the old version and in with the new. It's not win 7 because i rock win7 x86 on my mini and x64 on my tablet and they both connect to my berry. If you have another USB port available on your laptop, check it out as well. Finally, you can visit Windows Update and see if there are any hardware updates for your system.
    02-09-10 08:02 AM
    All other devices, including my wifes curve, work fine, and it ONLY started after 7 was installed..

I am an IT tech, but not much experience on 7 yet, so i agree, a possible USB driver maybe
    OK, simple question, did you do an upgrade or a clean install of Win7?
    02-09-10 09:38 PM
    Same problem here. Got a Storm 9530 and it connects just fine to my desktop running Win 7 x64 but I get the error on both Lenovo laptops we own.

I've tried uninstalling the USB Root Hubs with no luck. It worked just fine when I first got the laptop but all of a sudden now its a no go. I have googled and googled until I can't google anymore.

Anyone that can shed some light on this issue would be much appreciated.
    02-15-10 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD