I didn't get the data plan because I thought it was a bit expensive, and I have campus Wifi all around. Can I still use my 8520 to access anything using the Wifi network, even if I didn't get the data plan?
    09-11-09 06:19 PM
    I'm not sure about anything.

I've been using wifi lately, and I can't access sites like hotmail, however facebook seems to work fine, not sure if it's the Blackberry or my own stupidity though
    09-11-09 08:43 PM
    With WiFi you're able to browse, and use Apps that riquire data
    09-11-09 08:46 PM
    I have the data plan but i can vouch for my buddy who comes to my house and uses my wifi connection to browse. he doesnt have a data plan but he's able to mooch off me and my wifi.
    09-12-09 09:12 PM
    does he have an 8520? do you know how to change the settings so this can work?
    09-13-09 05:14 PM
    You can use wifi to browse without a data plan, but it will be pretty restricted.

You don't need to change any settings, just set your default browser to 'Hotspot' and you're good to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 09-14-09 at 11:11 AM.
    09-13-09 05:22 PM
    i already have it set to "hotspot" but i'm still having issues connecting to anything. the icon on the top right doesn't seem to indicate that the blackberry is connected to the wi-fi signal (which is all across campus)
    09-13-09 05:30 PM
    This could turn into a very long thread if you don't explain exactly what your problem is.

So let's start at the begining... how are you trying to connect to your campus wifi?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 09-13-09 at 06:30 PM.
    09-13-09 05:46 PM
    hello guys
    same thing happend to me im new on BB im ex nokia user..love BB ...but
    in spain where i live i dont have a BB plan so i do connect on my home wireless router but doesent connect anywhere on internet

he tell me data conection not availabble

i just what to navigate thru wireless..!!!

any help??
    09-17-09 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD