Here's a tip for anyone who ever has to endure the pain of going thru a stolen or lost berry...on all of my previous bb's, including the Tour, this is my setup:
    Did it run on the Tour with the default settings or did you have to do something special with it?
    I've installed, rebooted several times and still get the "locating.. this is taking too long" message after 6 minutes.
    GPS is on in all settings and works with BB maps and Poynt.
    May I buy a clue?
    10-01-09 04:30 PM
    I see where there is a work around for some of the BB's, Storm and Curve GPS Fix ... is something like this needed for the Tour?
    10-01-09 04:34 PM
    ye thats not working for my new tour...
    i might just go for the most reliable...SmrtGuard
    10-02-09 08:47 AM
    but ill try the roblock first, $10 one time fee sounds good
    10-02-09 08:56 AM
    My blackberry tour was just stolen, i wanted to know if there is ANYYYYYYY way to track it down? Thanks !
    Go to the police, tell them it was stolen and what they will do is call the phone, set up a place where they can get it back for some money, and then arrest the guy. Crooks are so stupid!
    10-02-09 09:21 AM
    Quick question. I read in their forums that the app drains a lot of battery power and that changing the update settings helps a bit and want to ask you how your experience has been. My baby tour just got swiped (i'm 99% sure by a disneyland employee) and i'm looking for ways to guard my new one. I'm prolly gonna end up paying for roblock but this one was interesting too. So if the app is running in the background 24/7, does the GPS run 24/7 also? Thanks for the info.
    10-21-09 11:01 PM
    sorry, this was in regards to the GPS Tracker app. Thanks!
    10-21-09 11:02 PM
    GPS Tracker works now on my tour since the last OS update that fixed GPS.
    I left it on and updating every 2 minutes on a recent trip, at the end of 4 hours my battery was at the 3/4 of the way down mark.
    I'd try it set at something like 30 minutes to an hour if used it all the time.
    10-22-09 01:28 AM
    So theres no way to track my BB Storm without an App?? My truck was stolen lastnight and my BB is in it!! ='( fml!
    07-15-10 09:26 AM
    Look in to BlackBerry Protect it will help you remotely connect to your BlackBerry if lost or stolen and access functions such as activate GPS, contact the finder via homescreen, back up your data and even lock down your phone.
    07-15-10 09:59 AM
    Alright. Let's say you phone gets lifted at a bar... If the guy has have a brain the f
    First thing he's gunna do is take the battery out of the phone in his pocket.
    Next he's going to go to the washroom take out yoour sin card then flush it.
    Then he would go into his car put the battery back in then(if he's not a
    creeper) whipe your phone to the orignal default setting then go into
    applacations and unistall black berry messenger and and the gps apps...
    You know have 0 contact afterwards he will go home plug your bb in
    to his computer and jail brake it so your service provider can't disable it.
    and he has a new phone to sell.

How to not let this happen.
    Don't ******* put your phone down ever. Get in the habbet of putting it in your pocket
    Or somone elts will

I am awair their is probly loads of spelling/ gammer errors and I do not care
    I am also awair that this is a guid on how to steal a phone...
    Meh.

If you think it was stolen then get everybody you know in your contacts list to email, txt, bbm, and call your phone. Make it a pain in the *** to have and tell them to tell the thief to return it to a verizon store.
    Worked for my wifes phone and there were only three of us doing it.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-11 02:15 AM
    Alright. Let's say you phone gets lifted at a bar... If the guy has have a brain the f
    First thing he's gunna do is take the battery out of the phone in his pocket.
    Next he's going to go to the washroom take out yoour sin card then flush it.
    Then he would go into his car put the battery back in then(if he's not a
    creeper) whipe your phone to the orignal default setting then go into
    applacations and unistall black berry messenger and and the gps apps...
    You know have 0 contact afterwards he will go home plug your bb in
    to his computer and jail brake it so your service provider can't disable it.
    and he has a new phone to sell.

How to not let this happen.
    Don't ******* put your phone down ever. Get in the habbet of putting it in your pocket
    Or somone elts will

I am awair their is probly loads of spelling/ gammer errors and I do not care
    I am also awair that this is a guid on how to steal a phone...
    Meh.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You do realize that "jailbreaking" only applies to Apple right? If a service provider wanted to invest the time in tracking it they can by the EMEI and the new SIM put into the phone.
    Last edited by SmakBerry; 04-22-11 at 02:25 AM.
    04-22-11 02:23 AM
    Look in to BlackBerry Protect it will help you remotely connect to your BlackBerry if lost or stolen and access functions such as activate GPS, contact the finder via homescreen, back up your data and even lock down your phone.
    Yup. I downloaded this and it seems pretty solid. Obviously I hope to never have to use it, but it's nice to have.
    04-22-11 08:20 AM
    Yup. I downloaded this and it seems pretty solid. Obviously I hope to never have to use it, but it's nice to have.
    same her i installed it as well and have it up and running. but one nice feature is the "find my phone" feature on the website. if you misplace your phone just hit that button and if your phone is within a hundred feet of you you'll find it lol. very obnoxious noises.
    04-22-11 01:30 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD