I did not make this and the ORIGINAL post by AmySharen is here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f137/bo...tively-241170/
    Amysharren's Profile: http://forums.crackberry.com/members/amysharren/
    Ffdk's Profile: http://forums.crackberry.com/members/ffdk/
    Pete6's Profile: http://forums.crackberry.com/members/pete6/
    Also for people who keep asking if this works on this or that... it might not work, I can only confirm with 8350i from Nextel/Sprint! The phone looks like this!:

I copied and pasted his/her guide only with 1 extra step, please understand I do not takes credits for this, just from personal experience understand that it will not work if you buy yours used(which is what most people do to get it in the first place), you have to remove the I.T. Policy, in other words... the steps I added to the guide.
    Here is a guide to the things I had to do to make it work properly. As things change or move, I will try to keep both this thread and Jezghani's World with the most up-to-date information. Also, if you get stuck and you need help, I don't mind helping, but please, please, PLEASE READ all this information before you send me a PM!
    -------------------------------------------
    ALSO BE AWARE:

Sorry ladies and gentlemen, but currently we CANNOT use BLACKBERRY MESSENGER.

WE CANNOT USE PIN MESSAGING.

WE CANNOT SEND ATTACHMENTS VIA EMAIL.

If anyone has any ideas on how to make this work, great, post it, let's make some magic happen. Otherwise, come on guys...

-------------------------------------------

EDIT: *This whole time I was more concerned with writing a how-to that had all the FAQ so everyone had a one-stop shop. I didn't even think to thank the person that actually combined my books with anworm's for us!

So anyways, a big thanks to http://forums.crackberry.com/members/ffdk/ for combing the books and making SO many Boosters happy!*

So there were a couple of things I had to do to start with in order for me to get some of my stuff going the way I wanted them to:

1) I had to copy all of my contacts from my SIM card

a) Click on the �Contacts� Icon

b) Click on the Blackberry menu key; Contacts from SIM card

c) Click on the Blackberry menu key; Copy all to Contacts

2) I had to turn off Smart Dialing (+1) dialing to be able to place calls from my phone book.

a) Click on the Green phone icon key

b) Click on the Blackberry menu key; Options; Smart Dialing

c) Change the country code to �unknown�

Then, you need to get all the correct service books installed so you have full access to everything. You can download them here: http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...-combined3.zip
    Code:
    Smokexz MEGAUPLOAD upload:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EWN8IU6M
    NOTE: This is a ZIP file. You will have to extract in order to use with BB DM. If you do not know how, read this: How To: Open a Zip file

1) ENABLE SERVICE BOOK COMPLETE BACKUP / OVER WRITE / RESTORE on the Device, like this:

a) On your device, go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Service Books hold Alt and hit {S}{B}{E}{B} let go of alt and it should show a message about how legacy service books are enabled.

2) BACKUP EXISTING SERVICE BOOKS

a) Hook up the phone to the laptop

b) Open Blackberry Desktop Manager -> Backup/Restore -> Advanced

i) On the right side, scroll down to Service Books, then press the <<

ii) Click on Save, and save them some place just in case

3) WRITE NEW SERVICE BOOKS TO DEVICE

a) First, clear your service books by scrolling down on the right side, high light Service Books, then press Clear

b) Check your device now (Options -> Advance Options -> Service Books)

i) If there is anything left besides something that mentions TCP/IP or Browser, delete those also

c) Open BB DM, go to Backup/Restore -> Advanced -> Left Window -> File -> Open -> select the service book file you downloaded, then the >> button to move it over. A pop-up will ask if you want to over-write. Say "Yes."

d) Disconnect phone from Computer.

e) Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table -> BB Menu key -> Register

f) go to advanced settings -> browser and change the hot spot to browser.

i) Now your browser should be enabled, along with this, you should also be able to send/receive MMS. Now would be an okay time to test this, by sending one to yourself. If you are able to send, but not receive, make sure your phone is updated with the correct IMEI on Boost's "My Account" area and that you have disabled text forwarding. It might also be a good idea to put your SIM in a different phone and make sure your number is receiving texts.

g) If you do not get the browser option restart and try again. You will need to restart with step 1 (holding down alt+sbeb).
    4)IF LOSING MMS AND BROWSER CAPABILITIES WHEN RESET
    Make sure you remove the I.T. policy. Here is what you have to do!
    A1) Backup your device(if you have e-mails or contacts you want/need you will need the backup xD)
    B2) Go to this guide: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remo...y-phone-81401/ (Credit goes to Pete6 for this)
    C2) When done you should not just put your old backup back(no no no, that will put back the I.T. policy back xD, trust me I have tried). Do like so:Hook up Device, Go to Desktop Manager, Backup and Restore, Advanced, File, Pick your backup, pick what you need(contacts, SMS messages, etc.), press >>. Done! Now you should put the service book inside as followed in steps 1-3 and battery pull your Blackberry. Make sure to create a new backup of the OS(the one you just removed the I.T. policy with).

Now that you�ve done that, you should also be able to use the BB inbox for email via Shangmail. This is an application that runs in the background and pushes your email to your BB.

1.) Go to Shangmail�s website: Shangmail-Cell phone mailbox, mobile phone e-mail, take with you freely I used the English version but it does go down from time to time. I have heard the Chinese version is more reliable but I do not know this from experience.

2.) From there, you should be able to register, add up to 5 pop3 email accounts, and download the app and install via Desktop Manager.

3.) Once installed, you have to open the application and log in. After that, it should start up instantly and push your email to you instantly.

Now you should have full use of your BoostBerry! Here are a few additional applications I recommend:

1.) Opera Mini (Opera Mini - Download)

a. You do not have to use this for web browsing since you have the native browser working, but there are some sites that load better with Opera and it�s faster.

2.) Google Maps (You will have to download this via the BB Browser OTA. You have the option to do this when you go to google.com with your BB Browser).

a. You now have the Blackberry Maps application installed but certain functions are blocked out because you do not have BIS/BES so this program will help. (EDIT: go into options;service books and delete 5 click ipppp) There are also other GPS programs out there. I have heard good things about AmazeGPS but I haven�t personally tried it.

3.) VyMail (http://www.joekrill.com/vymail/0.8.3...il-0.8.3.5.zip)

a. This is a third-party App for using YouMail. As of right now, you can only download YouMail via the Blackberry Store Application but you won�t be able to use that since you don�t have BIS/BES. I�ve used both and this works just as well.

4.) �Visible Menus Theme� (Default theme with black menus)

a. A lot of third party pieces of software such as Opera Mini do not support the transparent menus that are utilized in the default them for the 8350. This theme is simply the default theme but with the fix so you don�t have to worry about that anymore.

Now, if you still have the urge to forward your text messages to your email, here is the how-to on that. This is a little more updated than the other one.

1) Go to Sprint.com and where you can sign in, click on �Sign Up.�

2) The rest should be pretty straight forward, just fill out the form. Once you get logged it, it might say �Cannot access your account at this time.� Don�t worry about that, just move on.

3) Go to http://mms.nextel.com/mms and log in with the same information.

4) You will see a red bar that says �Your messages cannot be read. Please try again later.� Do not worry about that, this is made for Sprint customers so you will never be able to read your messages on this page.

5) Click on Preferences, then Forward Messages.

6) At this point, you can choose a place to forward your messages too. This can be any email address, but the most popular is a gmail or msn account b/c you can download the app for the respective email accounts and they poll often enough. Since I downloaded shangmail, I have push email so I just used my favorite email account. I also tested sending it to [email protected]. This comes in as an SMS message which is instant (sometimes shangmail can take up to 15 minutes). However, it does not show who the message is from. If you get it as an email, it will tell you it�s from �your friends number/[email protected]� If you want to reply, you will have to send a message to �your friends number@their service provider.com.� It�s a pain, but it�s better than nothing. Anyway, type in your email address and click �add.� If you want to test different ones to see which comes in faster or how they come in, you can add more than one address.

7) Be sure to check the boxes that say �Enable Forwarding Address� and �Keep a Copy in my Inbox until it expires� and then click �Okay� to save everything.
    Sorry if this is not allowed but I am seeing that Amysharren is ugh how to say, no longer active on the forums... So I decided to do this. I killed myself with this, I figured out why and I wanted to make sure no one else killed themselves with this too!

Feel free to PM me if you have questions about my edits :\

Thank you to all of you who I have mentioned, with your contribution you made my BB very happy, and soon everyone elses!
    Last edited by Smokexz; 11-03-09 at 10:59 AM.
    11-03-09 10:46 AM
    Your motives I'm sure are good, but why are you starting a tutorial thread on a Sticky? The information is already there.
    11-03-09 11:18 AM
    Your motives I'm sure are good, but why are you starting a tutorial thread on a Sticky? The information is already there.
    As I have said already, I added some stuff because whenever you shut off the bb it will remove the boostberry service book. I just merely added a couple of stuff... an MU link, then I put up the I.T. Policy remover. small stuff yes, but I know that the creator/s of this guide is no longer an active user(I am) I could probably help much more....

+ people like me don't bother to look back at old pages so if someone mentioned you had to remove I.T. policy to prevent it from being removed, I wouldn't have seen it...
    11-03-09 11:27 AM
    What you said is not accurate. When you do a battery pull, you do not lose the service books. In addition, most 8350i phones do not have an it policy installed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 12:03 PM
    What you said is not accurate. When you do a battery pull, you do not lose the service books. In addition, most 8350i phones do not have an it policy installed.

11-03-09 01:38 PM
    i didnt bother reading thru all that again,but you could've asked a MOD to edit her sticky,AT THE BOTTOM,to add in the "IT" issue.
    11-03-09 04:44 PM
    I agree that this copy/paste of an already existing thread will only add confusion to the community. Your problems are unique for sure, but not enough so to necessitate a new tutorial.

The IT policy removal is covered under the FAQ page (as I had previously pointed out). A simple search will yield results to the most novice of users. Taking credit for others work is shameful and not welcome.

I am by far no genius to the 8350i, but I learn what I do by READING and SEARCHING the forums. Only after I have exhausted those avenues do I post a new question. Something you have failed to do.

11-04-09 12:15 AM
    thread closed.....

pm amy to edit her post. if she feels it is ok, then she will edit it. but personally out of 947 replies and 94,245 views 1 person had an IT issue, i would not change it.

now granted it is a LONG thread, but just about every question in that thread has been answered. that is why people should read the thread and not just a post or two.
    11-04-09 05:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD