Greetings Folks,

Clearly I have too much time on my hands... thought I'd make myself useful.

I think folks here have asked infinite times what to do when their browser/application center is missing after an upgrade/downgrade or "why aren't I getting any emails or data coverage?"

In an attempt to support the learning process of newcomers to both forums and BBs, I put this together to help folks acclimate themselves to resolving the aforementioned issues.

So far, in my experience and from what I myself have learned from CB, there are two ways to resolve these issues. If there are others, please post 'em.

Here goes...

ONE: Register Your Device: Follow the Onscreen Pictures

Your host routing Table page MAY NOT look like this. It may very well be empty. Just hit the bb button and register now to populate this page.

You should get this email once you have registered successfully:
    Last edited by Rooster; 01-18-09 at 08:09 PM.
    01-17-09 04:59 PM
    TWO: Resend Your Service Books

Sign in at this screen.

Once signed in, hit the BB button

Once you have resent your service books, you should get emails like these in your email message folder (the number depends on how many emails you use on your bb).

Good Luck Folks!
    Last edited by Rooster; 01-17-09 at 05:04 PM.
    01-17-09 05:00 PM
    Great post Rooster. You let me know if you want this moved to the Storms' Tips, How-To, & FAQ forum.
    01-17-09 05:23 PM
    Great tut! I had to do this earlier today when I upped to .86. I'm sure it will save countless questions.
    01-17-09 05:25 PM
    Rooster, how were you able to get those icons for Storm Forums and Tools (happy face) folders? (Were you able to create it on your own? Or was there a place to download them from?) I especially like that CB icon!

And thank you for the Tools folder idea. I was able to clean up (reduce) the number of icons
    01-17-09 06:09 PM
    Rooster, how were you able to get those icons for Storm Forums and Tools (happy face) folders? (Were you able to create it on your own? Or was there a place to download them from?) I especially like that CB icon!

And thank you for the Tools folder idea. I was able to clean up (reduce) the number of icons
    Hey, they are built into the storm. When you create a new folder, you can also choose different looking folders.

The CB icon is the cb storm forums launcher.

Cheers!
    01-17-09 06:21 PM
    I did this and I'm still not getting my emails. It worked fine until yesterday and when I send the service books again I get the last few emails right away and nothing else.
    01-17-09 11:06 PM
    Rooster you are awesome! One of my friends got the Storm after playing with mine and tonight he told me he had no internet on his BB. He had called Verizon and some moron tld him the server was down and he had been without for two days! I told him I have not had any problems. I looked at his Storm and he has no browser and it is not listed in his service books. I came home and got on CB and I found this post! Just another reason I love this site and the knowledgeable posters that take time to share their experience. Thanks!
    01-17-09 11:57 PM
    Greetings Folks,

Clearly I have too much time on my hands... thought I'd make myself useful.

I think folks here have asked infinite times what to do when their browser/application center is missing after an upgrade/downgrade or "why aren't I getting any emails or data coverage?"

In an attempt to support the learning process of newcomers to both forums and BBs, I put this together to help folks acclimate themselves to resolving the aforementioned issues.

So far, in my experience and from what I myself have learned from CB, there are two ways to resolve these issues. If there are others, please post 'em.

Here goes...

ONE: Register Your Device: Follow the Onscreen Pictures

You should get this email once you have registered successfully:
    i did it step by by step but the host routing table is empty
    01-18-09 12:56 AM
    Hey, they are built into the storm. When you create a new folder, you can also choose different looking folders.

The CB icon is the cb storm forums launcher.

Cheers!
    Thanks. Finally realized what you meant. I've been trying to figure out how you got that smiley face folder and one has to highlight the folder icon while in edit mode. I dunno why I kept on thinking that the option would be on the BB button. bleah! So thanks! And I could have used that routing directions when switching between my first and second phone. Good post!
    01-18-09 02:35 AM
    i did it step by by step but the host routing table is empty
    Just hit the BB button in the host routing table and select register now. It doesnt matter whether there is anything listed or not. Once you register, the list will populate like mine did.
    01-18-09 04:29 PM
    Still missing the application center - had .90 kept rebooting. I wiped with JL and reload .86

did both techniques above
    01-22-09 07:30 PM
    Still missing the application center - had .90 kept rebooting. I wiped with JL and reload .86

did both techniques above
    Same here. No application center since loading .90. I tried Rooster's suggestions (which I had already done) and no luck. I think it may be a bug with .90. Any other ideas?
    01-23-09 08:09 PM
    Same here. No application center since loading .90. I tried Rooster's suggestions (which I had already done) and no luck. I think it may be a bug with .90. Any other ideas?
    Hey Guys,

Not sure what's up with the missing App Center but here are some ideas:

1. Make sure all your icons are showing by hitting the bb button > show all
    2. Make sure you are looking for the right icon as the app center icon has gone back and forth since the the first OS release.

here is what the icon can possible look like (there are only two options and the first one is the one used in .90):

01-23-09 09:12 PM
    Hey Guys,

Not sure what's up with the missing App Center but here are some ideas:

1. Make sure all your icons are showing by hitting the bb button > show all
    2. Make sure you are looking for the right icon as the app center icon has gone back and forth since the the first OS release.

here is what the icon can possible look like (there are only two options and the first one is the one used in .90):

Thanks Rooster but no luck! Nothing is hidden and I've looked everywhere for the icon. It's not there. Kind of weird. Did you do a JL Wipe before installing .90? I did and I believe the others who had this problem mentioned that they did a wipe before installing.
    01-23-09 10:15 PM
    Thanks ROOSTER you really help me.
    01-23-09 10:35 PM
    Thanks Rooster but no luck! Nothing is hidden and I've looked everywhere for the icon. It's not there. Kind of weird. Did you do a JL Wipe before installing .90? I did and I believe the others who had this problem mentioned that they did a wipe before installing.
    Yeah, I did a wipe before loading 90. Best thing I can advise is to reload the OS and see if your application center returns that way.

Thanks ROOSTER you really help me.
    For sure dude!
    01-23-09 10:56 PM
    Another instant classic for The Rooster Chronicles ... I'm all green eyed!
    01-23-09 11:42 PM
    strange - I never wiped before upgrading .90 and app center was there. I did wipe before downgrading to .86 and its gone.
    01-24-09 07:48 AM
    I lost my Browser and Application Center after I upgraded and then downgraded. I went to the Host Routing Table and clicked Register Now and after a little bit, the two buttons came back.

Thank you for doing this step by step how to.
    Scott
    01-24-09 06:40 PM
    GREAT post, Rooster!

Hey, maybe you can add a "How To" for the quasi-brainless people on how you were able to add the folder to launch directly to the CB Forums!!

01-25-09 11:52 AM
    GREAT post, Rooster!

Hey, maybe you can add a "How To" for the quasi-brainless people on how you were able to add the folder to launch directly to the CB Forums!!

That's the CB Launcher. You can dload it from this site from your storm!
    01-25-09 11:54 AM
    I'm not sure if this falls into the same category, apologies if not, but here goes -
    Occasionally when the unit is turned on first thing the BB Enterprise Server does not hook up. It should be noted that the VZW signal in our area, especially inside the house, is crummy at best. Also sometimes the unit will lose the BB Enterprise Server link during the course of the day. Sometimes turning it off and on again solves the problem. But sometimes it's necessary to use the desktop manager, add or omit some app so that the whole thing is "professionally" reset, and we're good to go.
    Still running .75 FWIW.
    Is this an O/S issue, a result of our lousy signal here, or...?
    01-31-09 11:22 AM
    I'm not sure if this falls into the same category, apologies if not, but here goes -
    Occasionally when the unit is turned on first thing the BB Enterprise Server does not hook up. It should be noted that the VZW signal in our area, especially inside the house, is crummy at best. Also sometimes the unit will lose the BB Enterprise Server link during the course of the day. Sometimes turning it off and on again solves the problem. But sometimes it's necessary to use the desktop manager, add or omit some app so that the whole thing is "professionally" reset, and we're good to go.
    Still running .75 FWIW.
    Is this an O/S issue, a result of our lousy signal here, or...?
    This is a bit off topic

Regardless, it seems that this may be a signal problem tho I would definitely check in with my IT guy for some advice.
    02-01-09 05:54 AM
    Yeah, I know it's OT, thanks for being patient with a newb. Search didn't help me get any closer. Of course the simple fix is to leave it turned on all the time (I had been turning it off at night). thanx!
    02-01-09 01:26 PM
106 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD