Hello folks, if you have purchased Itunes movies and tv shows, or maybe just purchased a blu ray movie with an included digital copy, such as Batman The Dark Knight, they are DRM (Digital Rights Management) Protected files.

in plain english, they are locked and cannot be transferred to your blackberry storm.

to unlock these files you need to purchase a program that will remove DRM protection, one i recommend is

tunebite: TUNEBITE converts protected WMA, M4A, M4B, M4P, WMV, M4V. Converter MP3, WMA, OGG, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, AC3, AU, MPEG4, MP4, AVI, 3GP, MOV, FLV ASF, DV, H.264, XVID, DIVX, 3IVX.

this program is a little pricey, but over time it is worth it.
    NOTE: ONLY WORKS FOR WINDOWS (XP AND VISTA 32 & 64 bit COMPATIBLE)
    NOTE: WILL ALSO REMOVE DRM PROTECTION ON YOUR MUSIC FILES! (such as itunes purchased music) so its a 2 for 1!
    NOTE: WILL CONVERT HD VIDEOS UP TO 720P (so if purchased an HD tv show from itunes, it can do it), though i dont recommend spending the extra money on the hd shows as standard def look dynamite on the storm!

FAQ:
    q. is this program worth it?
    a. Itunes has a massive online video selection and unfortunatly it is no good to you unless you remove the DRM on it, so this program is worth it if you already have purchased several videos from itunes, or want to purchase videos from itunes.

LEGAL NOTICE: tunebite is 100% Legal. the process it takes to remove the DRM is not illegal and is not breaking any laws. tunebite simply allows your DRM protected movie to play in the backround while it records what is on the screen into a new DRM free file.

regarding music: to remove DRM from music you would have to burn all your music to audio cd's, than rip those cd's onto your computer. Tunebite uses this process but WITHOUT using a CD! tunebite will install a virtual CD burner onto your computer which tricks itunes into thinking that it is burning audio cds for you. very clever

Directions:

1. Setup an output folder (folder where your converted videos are saved)
    click options>save>output folder

2. Add the video file you want to convert
    click Add>add files>[select your file]

3. Choose an output profile, i recommend creating a custom blackberry storm profile. You will need to make 2 separate custom profiles, 1 for widescreen and 1 for fullscreen.
    click advanced>click "Video Files To" Tab>configure>click MPEG 4>512 kbps>copy properties to new profile>
    if your input file is widescreen, change the profile to look like:

If input file is full screen, change the profile to look like:

3.5. If you are having problems with the settings posted in step 3, Please create a new custom profile by clicking
    Video Files To>Configure>MPEG4>Keep Original>Copy Properties To New Profile. (see screenshot below)

Than Label your profile as follows:

Once your movie is done converting, you will have a DRM-FREE output file. You will than have to convert this file using the program SUPER and PastorHudsons settings. Please reference his thread: Click Here
    4. Make sure your movie file is added, blackberry storm profile is chosen, and than click start

tadah! you are now converting a DRM protected file to play on your storm

once file is finished converting, go to the output folder and click and drag the video file into the blackberry media manager.

than click copy down with no conversion (into your MEDIA CARD's VIDEO folder)

NOTE:

If converting an itunes file, settings need to be changed in itunes before converting the file

open itunes>edit>preferences>playback

uncheck crossfade playback
    check play movies and TV shows: in a seperate window
    check play music videos: in a seperate window

click ok once settings are changed

than last step: click view>hide artwork

HOW TO: REMOVE DRM FROM YOUR MUSIC FILES (SUCH AS ITUNES PURCHASED MUSIC)

UPDATES AND NOTIFICATIONS:

1) If settings in "step 3" are not working for you, DON'T PANIC!, sorry for the inconvenience, but go ahead and re-convert your input file using tunebite using the standard MPEG4 converter. This will remove the DRM and create a DRM-FREE output file.

Than take that DRM-FREE output file and use SUPER to convert it using PastorHudsons settings.

Please reference Step 3.5 in OP

2) EVEN THOUGH ITUNES IS NOW DRM-FREE, IT DOES NOT APPLY TO VIDEO, ONLY SONGS, SO THIS THREAD IS STILL VALID.

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
    pastorhudson and his video thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bla...n-howto-99653/
    mattsh33 and his video thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/dvd...ctures-107961/
    nemxwasp for creating the custom profiles
    Last edited by stormiscoming; 04-15-09 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Easier to access!
    12-18-08 08:33 PM
    Got some broken picture links there.
    12-18-08 08:36 PM
    Got some broken picture links there.
    fixed had to go back and resize them
    12-18-08 08:41 PM
    fixed had to go back and resize them
    Sweet. Good tutorial!
    12-18-08 08:42 PM
    i used a program called tune clone, it was much faster then tunebite for me, i did try tunebite though, but now that all my drm'd music is copied over i'm finding other sources with no drm. that way i don't need to deal with that.
    12-18-08 08:44 PM
    i used a program called tune clone, it was much faster then tunebite for me, i did try tunebite though, but now that all my drm'd music is copied over i'm finding other sources with no drm. that way i don't need to deal with that.
    tried tuneclone in the past, i believe it only works for music.. anyways tunebite is the exact same thing, in regards to music that is, it will add a "virtual CD writer" just like tuneclone will.
    12-18-08 08:45 PM
    great tut. thanks for sharing
    12-18-08 08:46 PM
    tried tuneclone in the past, i believe it only works for music.. anyways tunebite is the exact same thing, in regards to music that is, it will add a "virtual CD writer" just like tuneclone will.
    forgive me, i'm a dummy,i didn't even look at your whole post, you're right, tuneclone is just for music i think, and thats all i needed to convert. very nice tut though, i probably woulda used tunebite had i seen a tut like this before i went searching for an app to use to convert my music from my iphone and itouch
    12-18-08 08:48 PM
    good work!!! nice howto.
    12-18-08 08:49 PM
    forgive me, i'm a dummy,i didn't even look at your whole post, you're right, tuneclone is just for music i think, and thats all i needed to convert. very nice tut though, i probably woulda used tunebite had i seen a tut like this before i went searching for an app to use to convert my music from my iphone and itouch
    ya unfortunatly tune clone (i believe) is just as much as tunebite, and can only do half as much

though once your DRM protected music is free than you dont need the program anymore (assuming u now download your music via limewire ; )

but unlike music, you really cant get your videos free (unless you want to deal with viruses and long download times)
    Last edited by stormiscoming; 12-18-08 at 08:53 PM.
    12-18-08 08:50 PM
    ya unfortunatly tune clone (i believe) is just as much as tunebite, and can only do half as much

though once your DRM protected music is free than you dont need the program anymore (assuming u now download your music via limewire ; )
    dude, read my sig! "just as much as tunebite" ? lol come on now!!! read my sig again. if its free its for me mwhahahaha (evil laugh)

oh and you can get video's for free too, you just have to know how....but that is not something we can discuss on the forums
    12-18-08 08:53 PM
    dude, read my sig! "just as much as tunebite" ? lol come on now!!! read my sig again. if its free its for me mwhahahaha (evil laugh)

oh and you can get video's for free too, you just have to know how....but that is not something we can discuss on the forums
    dude, read this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/itu...c-storm-96590/

I've been searching for 2 months, trust me, its not free.
    12-18-08 08:55 PM
    Already ready a post on this but thanks its a good read

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 08:57 PM
    Already ready a post on this but thanks its a good read

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    by post on this do you mean a step by step picture aided tutorial?

because if someone already made one, I'm gonna be mad
    Last edited by stormiscoming; 12-18-08 at 09:00 PM.
    12-18-08 08:57 PM

..can you say bitcomet?
    12-18-08 09:03 PM
    torrents take too long, i'm not a fan of those, i use other methods....
    12-18-08 09:05 PM
    torrents take too long, i'm not a fan of those, i use other methods....
    can we discontinue this topic in my thread please
    12-18-08 09:07 PM
    if someone doesnt mind, could you help me figure out ideal conversion settings for the custom profile (pic in first post to reference) thanks.
    12-19-08 09:46 AM
    I have a question- by doing this- does it put a copy of the music on your computer? meaning- would you have the original with the DRM and the copy that removes it? Does it just remove the DRM or does it remove other stuff like artwork song name, albumm artist, etc?

thanks
    12-19-08 10:16 AM
    I have a question- by doing this- does it put a copy of the music on your computer? meaning- would you have the original with the DRM and the copy that removes it? Does it just remove the DRM or does it remove other stuff like artwork song name, albumm artist, etc?

thanks
    good question.

your original input file (so your DRM protected file) WILL stay the same, and will not be touched so you dont have to worry about your purchased stuff getting messed up, theres no risk!

tunebite copies the input file to a new file and than alters the new file, so your original file such as an itunes purchased video, or itunes purchased song, will not be changed or altered.

so to clarify when done converting, you will have 2 files.

your original file, and your new file

as far as your other concern, Tunebite will not remove any file information such as title,artist, album artwork etc..

all tunebite will do is Remove the DRM (so unlock the file so it can be played on your storm) and than it will convert that unlocked file for optimal settings for your storm, so the picture and audio quality are perfect.
    Last edited by stormiscoming; 12-19-08 at 10:44 AM.
    12-19-08 10:37 AM
    That's the answer I needed- thank you for your fast response.
    12-19-08 11:09 AM
    That's the answer I needed- thank you for your fast response.
    np

12-19-08 08:54 PM
    It sucks I paid $40 for tunebite. This was a great write up but it simply won't work on my computer. I try to play back the file it recorded without the DRM and all I get is a blank screen. Sometimes I'll get only a fraction of the full video with the sound all messed up (fraction meaning about a half a second total).

Oh well you live and you learn. Hopefully for everyone else it works, but for me it was just a waste of $40.

In fact I would advise people to not use tunebite and try something else. $40 is a lot of money to spend on something that doesn't even work.
    Last edited by fecurtis; 12-26-08 at 11:40 AM.
    12-26-08 11:25 AM
    Thanks for the tutorial! I used to use Tunebite for music but did not know it could do video now! awesome!!!
    Keep us posted once you figure out the optimal conversion for the storm!
    12-26-08 11:59 AM
    Disregard my rant...I got it to work.

Seems that these things don't like it when a bunch of programs are running in the background.
    12-26-08 12:12 PM
151 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD