Hey guys (and gals),

I'm a developer and I'm seeing all these nice ideas for applications but no compiled thread of ideas for games.

I'm interested in developing a few free games (easier to develop) as well as some paid (since blackberry development is a PITA and games require a bit more time once they get more complex).

If anyone is interested in throwing a few ideas out, that would be great. Fellow developers please help out the CrackBerry community and develop these games.

Here is a list of current suggestions:

• NES/N64/PS1 emulator (20 votes)
    • Racing Game (using accelerometer) (10 votes)
    • Photo Hunt (8 votes)
    • Poker (7 votes)
    • Tower Defense Game (6 votes)
    • Cube Runner (5 votes)
    • Bejeweled-Variant (5 votes)
    • PapiJump (4 votes)
    • Beer Pong (4 votes)
    • iShoot Lite Variant (4 votes)
    • Chess (2 votes)
    • Sudoku (2 votes)
    • FPS (First-Person Shooter) (2 votes)
    • Golden Tee-like game (2 votes)
    • Dactyl
    • Doom
    • Escape
    • Field Runners
    • Flick-style Bowling (similar to iPhone PBA Bowling)
    • FreeCell
    • Line Rider
    • Multi-player Air Hockey
    • NES-style RPG
    • Pong (2 votes)
    • RTS (like age of empires)
    • Sniper Game
    • Solitaire
    • Hearts
    • Guitar Hero / DDR knockoff
    • Golfing / Tennis / Fishing (using accelerometer)

If you'd like to see one game more than another, please +1 it. But please do it only once.
    Last edited by jcqns; 02-16-09 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Updated games and votes!
    02-02-09 04:35 PM
    i would absolutely love a game like one i played at a bar around here. It has a name but i forget it. Two pictures, almost exactly the same side by side, but all you have to do it pick up subtle differences in the two, as you get farther they get harder and harder with more complex pictures, and you can work the touchscreen into it since clearly it wouldnt work on a non touch screen phone.
    02-02-09 05:16 PM
    A racing game controlled by the accelerometer would be cool...
    02-02-09 05:16 PM
    Some kind of thoughtless puzzle game like bejewled
    02-02-09 05:32 PM
    Great ideas. Just to let you guys know. Once I pick one, ill come back here to post it for testing. I love my phone but it still lacks in the game and multimedia department so instead of complaining, I'm looking to help out.

Keep em coming.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 05:52 PM
    Great ideas. Just to let you guys know. Once I pick one, ill come back here to post it for testing. I love my phone but it still lacks in the game and multimedia department so instead of complaining, I'm looking to help out.

Keep em coming.

Awesome, there are a few of us that have games in the making. Hopefully by the time the App Center is released we can all have our games out. It's good to see more and more people hoping on the programming train.
    02-02-09 05:58 PM
    Awesome, there are a few of us that have games in the making. Hopefully by the time the App Center is released we can all have our games out. It's good to see more and more people hoping on the programming train.
    Yeah. Not to go off-topic but most developers are taking advantage of the iBrick but I'd rather support a platform I've been using for a few years and take the stereotype of having one (all work, no play) away .
    02-02-09 06:02 PM
    Nes style rpg games would work well. Strategy like sid myers war of two cities. Maybe some tower defense games

02-02-09 08:10 PM
    How about a NES emulator...

02-02-09 08:13 PM
    i would absolutely love a game like one i played at a bar around here. It has a name but i forget it. Two pictures, almost exactly the same side by side, but all you have to do it pick up subtle differences in the two, as you get farther they get harder and harder with more complex pictures, and you can work the touchscreen into it since clearly it wouldnt work on a non touch screen phone.
    PhotoHunt! I love it. I play it down at our rugby bar every time we have a social. It's so much fun! I don't know how good it would be even with the Storm's great graphics; I feel like the pictures would still be too compressed to notice the subtle, subtle differences you end up having to find in the higher levels...

...yeah, we played it that long.
    02-02-09 08:19 PM
    PhotoHunt! I love it. I play it down at our rugby bar every time we have a social. It's so much fun! I don't know how good it would be even with the Storm's great graphics; I feel like the pictures would still be too compressed to notice the subtle, subtle differences you end up having to find in the higher levels...

...yeah, we played it that long.
    I like the idea but need a little more information on the objective. Is it two player? More? What could the subtle differences be? Which one do they say has more or less?

More info! Sounds cool!
    Last edited by jcqns; 02-02-09 at 10:37 PM.
    02-02-09 08:24 PM
    POKER!!!!!

or a BB messenger game, through the chat somehow... LIKE POKER!!! : )
    02-02-09 08:30 PM
    Well since the form factors and capabilities are so similar, I'd look at the successful iphone games. There are several that I would love to have.

02-02-09 08:33 PM
    POKER!!!!!

or a BB messenger game, through the chat somehow... LIKE POKER!!! : )
    For the internet-based games, I was thinking of integrating BBM so that:
    1. The users can chat while playing the game
    2. We turn BBM into an add-on gaming network similar to XBOX Live etc.
    02-02-09 08:34 PM
    How about programming a working NES/n64/ps1 emulator using code that exists from the already working + very stable emulators that exist right now (and emulators that use the actual roms). Then do you not only create the potential for free games, but multitudes of free games !
    02-02-09 08:35 PM
    iPhone has a "Flick Bowling" that's pretty cool... http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...mt=8&at=10l3Vy
    02-02-09 08:52 PM
    Some kind of thoughtless puzzle game like bejewled
    Oh **** yes, I miss bejewled so much..

02-02-09 09:41 PM
    sounds stupid for me to say but maybe a game where wecan all post quizzes for others to take so we can interact but u might need to hve us pay so we can have a server. I.E. APP name quizzes.Day 1 i create a quiz like with results or whaterver... ahh im confused but whatever if you get it lol kinda like facebook or myspace if you have that
    02-02-09 09:46 PM
    For the internet-based games, I was thinking of integrating BBM so that:
    1. The users can chat while playing the game
    2. We turn BBM into an add-on gaming network similar to XBOX Live etc.
    OH MY GOD YES!! and for some o ther games think of some maybe FPS for the xbox live thing or whatever make the iphone people jelous! sorry for double posting if i did fps (first person shooter like call of duty)
    02-02-09 09:51 PM
    I second this idea. The original game is called Photo Hunt and I can say that I would love to see this game on the storm. Please please pick this game!!!
    02-02-09 09:53 PM
    ^^^^ yup. . . . . . . . . . (poker too : )
    02-02-09 09:53 PM
    Also, to the OP, here is a link that shows the basics of this game. 5 Spots free online - photo hunt game- official home page
    02-02-09 09:58 PM
    Also, to the OP, here is a link that shows the basics of this game. 5 Spots free online - photo hunt game- official home page
    Addicting already. I guess the pictures would be the next issue. I may be able to manipulate them but have to research that.

I'll put this at the top of the list. Keep em coming. Put it this way: If i don't make it, someone else will (hopefully). Then we can have a strong library of games available for our phone.
    02-02-09 10:03 PM
    Woo! I just had to get out of the apartment - I've been putting together LSAT tutorials all day, ugh. had to get some grub.

glad you got to see the premise of PhotoHunt! my bartender friends say its easily the biggest moneymaker at those game consoles installed in bars.
    02-02-09 10:35 PM
    Poker poker poker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please!? But Photo hunt sounds good too if pokers not an option

02-02-09 10:48 PM
140 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD