Thread moved from:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ver...ilable-261523/

Hey gang,

Just found this Mobile DVR application for the Storm from Verizon FiOS TV.

http://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/...530/fiostv.jad

This app builds on the initial features of the Mobile Web site that allowed you to View Listings, Record Shows, and Manage the space on your home DVR. While the original app was only available to Verizon Wireless users with (3) different LG phones, the new app is now available for the Storm and, according to their website, will soon be available for the Curve.

Also called "Remote DVR," this is the info from the Verizon website:
    FiOS TV Central - MobileAccess

Verizon FiOS TV Remote DVR allows you to control your DVR with your computer or your mobile phone. Browse TV listings, record shows, manage your scheduled and recorded programs, setup your favorite channels, turn on/off parental controls, search on Demand.... all for FREE with your DVR service.
    *Mobile access is available to Home Media DVR subscribers only.

The app is very easy to use and is much cleaner than the initial web version - it looks just like the menus that show up on your TV, making it extremely easy to get used to.

You must have a Home Media DVR (aka Multi-Room DVR), and must register your phone number (only the first time - no need to login every time) to use. Contrary to what the app will say when you first use it, you do not have to activate your number from your TV remote. It can be done by simply logging in to the FiOS TV Central page online and clicking on Mobile Access.

I had been using the mobile web version since late April (even while DirecTV continues playing commercials claiming to be the only carrier capable of mobile recording) and began using this new app one week ago. Never thought a version for the Storm would be out before the Curve/Pearl versions.

After giving it a good deal of use by deleting recorded programs, scheduling recordings, and setting up my favorites, I am completely convinced of its worthiness. So far, it has been fast with my Storm one of the faster apps I have), has not caused any undue memory loss/battery drain, and has not frozen at all.

This is a very solid and useful app in a land of problems with new software released for the Storm.
    07-07-09 09:38 AM
    07-07-09 09:46 AM
    But their post is more informal than yours Drift.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 01:29 PM
    I kno ha

07-07-09 01:31 PM
    Informal. Yea.

Would have been better to do the almighty "search" routine instead of wasting time posting this. What can ya do.
    07-08-09 08:24 AM
    when will it come out for other versions of the blackberry
    07-11-09 09:05 AM
    Says on the site curve version is coming soon

07-11-09 09:09 AM
    Not sure if I want to take up the space for this app

07-11-09 09:13 AM
    Not sure if I want to take up the space for this app

With .151 I haven't noticed that it drains any memory and doesn't take up alot of space.
    07-11-09 09:39 AM
    Wow this app works great I a very impressed!!

07-11-09 10:59 AM
    I had FiOS back in Va Beach and loved it. Nothing compares. Now that I live in southern Maryland I have no hope in getting it. (metro-cast is the worst and should be dismantled)There is no fiber optic line within 30 miles. I'm really getting sick of all the FiOS adds on TV and there little "where available" bull. Where is the love Verizon?
    07-11-09 11:13 AM
    where is my freaking TIVO app!!??
    07-11-09 01:00 PM
    But no My Verizon for the Storm?
    07-11-09 04:56 PM
    But no My Verizon for the Storm?
    There is a MyVerizon for the storm (came out 6/18) and you can get it from the following OTA link.

http://mobile.vzw.com/download/myver...rizonStorm.jad

07-11-09 06:01 PM
    Hello all. I like the look of the program a lot. However, I can not get it to save my access code (from the tv). Every time I close the app and open the program again it promts me for the code again. Anyway to fix this??? Thanks.
    07-14-09 03:55 PM
    I have the same problem with this app. Everytime I open it, it is like starting over and I have to re-enter the confirmation code from Verizon. Me thinks something is awry....
    07-14-09 10:10 PM
    In order not to get the initial screen again, just don't log out when exiting the application...
    07-15-09 01:00 AM
    Is it really designed to be left open and running all the time?
    07-15-09 04:50 AM
    No, if you just close it by hitting the 'back' or escape key, instead of using the Menu option, it actually asks you if you want to exit, and as Boca says above, it doesn't log you out.

It says 'Are you sure you want to quit?' and then the next time you launch the app, it won't ask you for the code.

It's really an AWEsome app, and it looks JUST like the DVR menus and things - blows me away. I love it. I find myself using this app on my Storm, even when the remote is near me, just because it's such a well done app (my wife rolls her eyes and says 'what a goob you are - just use the remote!').
    07-15-09 11:31 AM
    Sounds awesome, but no love for us regular DVR (not multi-room) users
    07-15-09 12:14 PM
    No, if you just close it by hitting the 'back' or escape key, instead of using the Menu option, it actually asks you if you want to exit, and as Boca says above, it doesn't log you out.

It says 'Are you sure you want to quit?' and then the next time you launch the app, it won't ask you for the code.

It's really an AWEsome app, and it looks JUST like the DVR menus and things - blows me away. I love it. I find myself using this app on my Storm, even when the remote is near me, just because it's such a well done app (my wife rolls her eyes and says 'what a goob you are - just use the remote!').
    that works. Thanks so much.
    07-15-09 02:22 PM
    Thank you Johhnymac...that fixed it. Mucho Appreciado
    07-15-09 03:58 PM
    Thank you Johhnymac...that fixed it. Mucho Appreciado
    True & True. Thanks, that was the only thing that was stopping me from keeping this app.
    07-15-09 07:15 PM
    A friend of mine told me he got the application to run and he doesn't have multiroom DVR at home. I went to the Fios web site and it doesn't mention that restriction anymore... Can someone confirm?

Thanks!!
    08-07-09 11:26 AM
    Is the version for the 8900 available yet? I've played with the mobile website for the phone, but that's clunky and a bit hard to read. I'd love to have the mobile app for my 8900...

edit: UGH! Got my own answer from the website -- seems that they're only support the Blackberry's that THEY offer, such as the 8330 and 8830. Their mobile website rejects my phone when I surf to Error

Perhaps one of you who has these phones could post the link to the jad file itself, so the rest of us might see if they work on our non-Verizon berries?

Edit #2: OK -- not that hard. I looked at the link that was exposed in the original post, changed the subdirectory first to bb8830, and then tried bb8330. Both allowed me to download the respective JAD's to the 8900. The one for the 8830 was rejected (bad COD), and that failed. The one for the 8330, however, DID download and install on my 8900. It actually runs -- and works. It's able to connect to my FIOS account, let me mess with saved programs, on demand, etc. Only problem is that the screen is formatted for an 8330 -- not for an 8900, so the screen layout is messed up. I really hope Verizon loosens up a little and support their FIOS customers that don't use Verizon Mobile!
    Last edited by vinmontRD; 08-07-09 at 11:58 AM.
    08-07-09 11:32 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD