Seems like a day doesn't pass where someone is asking about information on what GPS options are available for Storm, which are better, worse, cheaper, free, etc.

Info on GPS's and user comments already in abundance on this topic, those looking for GPS and Navigation info for Storm may want to review these threads already posted in the Storm Third Party Apps forum:
    What's the most solid, cheap gps
    good application: life in pocket
    FREE GPS APPS: amAze vs. LifeinPocket
    Garmin Mobile - BB Storm Released
    AmazeGPS - New Storm Version
    Garmin Mobile = Worth it?
    Issue with Garmin Mobile on BB Storm
    Stand alone GPS unit vs. VZ Navigator vs. Garmin
    Best GPS App Please?
    VZ Navigator vs. Garmin Mobile
    GPS Apps
    Is there anything better than the VZNavigator??
    VZ Navigator on BB Storm, Tips and Tricks
    AmazeGPS vs Nav4All
    best navigation for the storm??
    Where vs VZ Navigator
    Garmin vs VZ Nav 4
    Free Working GPS?
    Is there a reliable GPS navigation app thats out there for free?
    Looking for turn by turn directions
    GPS Software for Storm
    VZNavigator
    any one else hate Nav4All?
    Has Anyone tried Garmin for there Storm?
    GPS navigation program?
    My quick VZ Navigator review
    Storm GPS Software Options � Review
    Garmin/TeleNav Price Questions - Decision Time
    Vz Navigator best app on storm currently
    Garmin Mobile
    GPS other than VZNAV?
    Garmin vs. TeleNav

One less choice for GPS on Blackberry (and other units) - received this email from Nav4All on 1/29:
    Dear Customers,

It is with the deepest regret that we hereby notify you that the global navigation of Nav4All and the Tracking & Tracing will go offline in 3 days. The reason for the same is that the data licence agreement with Navteq (a 100% Nokia subsidiary) was not extended, in a totally unexpected manner. It is not possible to implement data from another supplier in our Nav4All systems within the short term.
    The Nav4All navigation system was developed for Navteq data. Nav4All has therefore been constrained to stop.

We greatly regret the fact that we have to suspend the operation of our service. With your help, we have developed Nav4All into a global product with 27.5 million users in 56 languages, in 5 years. This has made Nav4All the largest navigation supplier. This large number of users also has to do with the fact that Nav4All works on hundreds of different mobile telephones of many makes such as Blackberry, Sony Ericsson, Samsung, Motorola, Android, HTC, Nokia, LG, Iphone, Ipod etc.

After 5 years of testing and market development, we witnessed rapid - in fact, exponential - growth during the last two years. That growth was reported in the licence reports to Navteq. In mid-December 2009, the global coverage was extended to include the Philippines, Morocco and Kenya.

Please contact the Nav4All support desk in case you have any
    questions: Nav4All - Free GPS navigation for your mobile phone!. If there is any further information from Nav4All concerning the subject of this letter, the same will be published on our website: Nav4All - Free gps navigation for your mobile phone!. For reasons of privacy, Nav4All does not have the email addresses of all its customers, and we therefore request you to forward this email to the maximum extent possible, in order to ensure that everyone is informed.

Kind Regards,

Hennie J.M. Groot Koerkamp (CEO)

Nav4All BV

Keizersgracht 62-64

1015 CS Amsterdam NL
    Last edited by Bob61; 01-29-10 at 07:50 AM.
    06-13-09 07:57 AM
    Why not just use the search function? Then again if they won't look to use search, I suspect they won't take the time to read something like this either. Again, I do appreciate the effort in bringing all those threads together. Just doubt it will accomplish what you hope.
    06-13-09 08:11 AM
    Power of positive thinking.

Excellent post.
    06-13-09 08:12 AM
    i think its def worth a sticky
    06-13-09 08:33 AM
    Someone has way too much time on their hands...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 09:29 AM
    Why not just use the search function? Then again if they won't look to use search, I suspect they won't take the time to read something like this either. Again, I do appreciate the effort in bringing all those threads together. Just doubt it will accomplish what you hope.
    Hey, you and I are on the same page on using the search function - but it seems that the search function is illusive for some folks. If you look I included the a link to the search in my original list of threads, and then made it even easier by including some of the more generous nuggets of threads

After seeing the same request over and over again I thought I'd just spent 10 minutes and help them out. If they don't read it I can easily refer them to the source. Next up, a list of all the "weather app" threads
    06-13-09 11:24 AM
    Great post. I have read through just about every page of all the links you provided. I still cannot find a FREE app that provided turb by turn audible directions and actually works well. I am now ready to believe this will never happen with the Storm...
    06-27-09 04:30 AM
    Thanks for the links.
    06-30-09 06:07 AM
    Is it just me or anyone else are having this problem with lifeinpocket. I'm having a hard time mooing to the next field when typing a new address.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 04:14 PM
    I just recently saw a commercial for telus and they were advertising google maps on some of their phones, I find it hard to believe that they can advertise somthing that doesnt even work on their network ??? unless it recently got an update and is compatible with telus now but I mean I tried just a couple weeks ago and I still cant get my exact position.
    08-16-09 03:30 PM
    just got nav4all.

very pleased fyi. although my exact home address wasnt "listed" i just hit "where am i" and saved it as home.

the addresses are still a little shakey here and there but its still a solid turn by turn voice navi app.
    09-21-09 10:51 PM
    And if you don,t use your GPS at all... don't let it go to waste! Join the Cellphone Signal Mapping initiative!

iblipped.com - blip

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ne...ing-sw-323131/
    10-07-09 06:02 PM
    Nice way to round all the discussions/apps up...but looks like it kind of ignores the cool part of the GPS...I like to use my storm for Geocaching and there doesn't seem to be a lot on that. Most of the threads seem more focused on Navigation from point to point.
    10-19-09 02:25 PM
    IBlipped.com "Blips" shows you your coordinates on its display... He doesnt do way points, etc. It was designed for tracking radio signal, but you could easily use the program to read your coordinates.

Nice way to round all the discussions/apps up...but looks like it kind of ignores the cool part of the GPS...I like to use my storm for Geocaching and there doesn't seem to be a lot on that. Most of the threads seem more focused on Navigation from point to point.
    10-20-09 07:08 AM
    Excellent post. Great to see all those in one place. Has inspired me to bone up on my Search skills...
    11-10-09 05:33 PM
    Thanks to all for the info and admin for the sticky
    01-07-10 03:24 PM
    03-12-10 04:10 PM
    Thanks for this!
    03-14-10 09:10 AM
    Just a quick one (hopefully) - ist there any point-to-point navigation application for the blackberry storm out there on the market, that does NOT need a data connection while navigating?

I'm looking for an application that stores its map data on the device storage. This would be very usefull when your are not in your home country and data transfer costs a fortune when roaming. I think even the Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry app needs data transfer to navigate as all the map data is stored online at Garmin and not on the device?
    03-25-10 05:41 AM
    Just a quick one (hopefully) - ist there any point-to-point navigation application for the blackberry storm out there on the market, that does NOT need a data connection while navigating?

I'm looking for an application that stores its map data on the device storage. This would be very usefull when your are not in your home country and data transfer costs a fortune when roaming. I think even the Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry app needs data transfer to navigate as all the map data is stored online at Garmin and not on the device?
    If you need preloaded maps, you might want to consider TrekBuddy and Mobile GMaps. These are the only two mapping apps that I know of for the BlackBerry that don't use real-time data. I haven't used either. I use Garmin Mobile. It does require a data connection to download maps.
    05-02-10 12:28 PM
  21. enmanuel de jesus jimenez roblero's Avatar
    11-03-12 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD