I enjoy my Netflix a lot. Now that I can stream it through my Xbox 360, it's even greater. The great part about it is the queue, which can store lots of movies and automatically sends them to you or adds them to your "watch it now" list. There are many times I am out and about and hear about or remember a movie that I want to add to my queue. Since my Storm is legally only 2 feet away from me at all times, it is great that I can accomplish this.

Here are the best ways (for the Storm) I've found out so far:

3. Netflix main site. Netflix Online Movie Rentals - Rent DVDs, Classic Films to DVD New Releases

PROS:

Theoretically could access features not in mobile site.

CONS:

So slow (on Opera and BB browser) that it is unusable. Also, since the site relies on flash, many of the things do not work. Basically not an option.

2. Netflix's mobile site: Netflix Online Movie Rentals - Rent DVDs, Classic Films to DVD New Releases

PROS:

The mobile site is really quick and gives you a stripped down version of the site. You can access your DVD queue, see what DVDs are at home, search and add movies, and move a DVD to the top of your queue.

CONS:

Can't completely change the order of your queue. Can't see or add movies to the "Instant Queue." This is a bummer for me since I can't do this on my Xbox 360. Can't rate movies. Can't see new releases or recommendations.

1. SmartFlicks Pyxis Mobile's Application Studio Lab: SmartFlicks: Software Update!

SmartFlicks is a free app that lets you access your netflix account.

(MacGruber not included)

PROS:

Can do everything the mobile site can and much more. You can actually see your "Instant Queue" and add movies to the instant or DVD queue. You can move a movie to any position, rather than just to the top. You can see a better synopsis and details of each movie. You can also see some recommendations and movie news.

CONS:

Since it isn't optimized for the Storm, there are some slight bugs. Sometimes a movie title will disappear in the queue (it's still there, just highlight it again). To get the icons on the bottom you need to open the keyboard and press "space". Also, the app may not be as quick as the mobile site.

EDIT: They just released a Storm version which clears up a lot of these bugs and is a little snappier. Check it out.

SUMMARY:

I keep the Netflix mobile site bookmarked in my browser for when I want to quickly check or add a DVD to my regular queue. I am also keeping SmartFlicks around for the times I want to check my instant queue and see a little more info or search for movies from the site.

What are your thoughts? Did I miss another option that is better?

(Side note: Don't even bother asking if Watch It Now will work on the Storm. Since it requires flash and other things, it will not work with anything, at least in the foreseeable future. Sucks, I know. )
    Last edited by dibs ODDJOB; 02-11-09 at 01:40 PM.
    02-03-09 11:08 PM
    Interesting never thought about it but I was thinking that you were able to watch the online movies through your Netflix account when I first saw your post :P

All looks good though.
    02-04-09 12:30 AM
    I tried Smartflicks a few months ago. I didn't like it because of it not being optimized for the Storm and felt it was hard to use. I also think it was causing some memory leakage also.
    02-04-09 12:36 AM
    I just downloaded the trial for PageOnce and I can access my Netflix queue through that program as well, but that's the only thing I can do.
    02-04-09 01:36 PM
    SmartFlix is one of my favorite apps!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/sma...hlight=netflix
    02-04-09 01:38 PM
    no love for blockbuster online? I would love this app for them as I am in constant need of updating my queue.
    02-04-09 02:01 PM
    I started using it again as it seems they released a Storm version. Per your screenshots I don't like how half of the screen gets cut off. You see in Portrait mode you can't see the availability of the movie. In landscape you can but it cuts the word in half. I emailed them and hopefully they will be able to fix that in the future.

edit: Email back said you can swipe. For some reason I was trying that before and it wasn't working. When I swipe a little harder it works lol. I can swipe right easily while in the browser.
    Last edited by MuDvAyNe; 02-06-09 at 09:07 PM.
    02-06-09 08:59 PM
    looks really cool .. thnx ..

up til now .. I had queue rss feed go to my viigo .. but this is so much better. thank you
    02-07-09 01:57 AM
    If you turn off compatibility mode it's not too bad (provides full screen view). But there are some glitches in highlighting items and scrolling but the highlight / click function does work. Best solution by far, but I would love to see them refine it for the Storm.
    02-07-09 10:25 AM
    �Since my Storm is legally only 2 feet away from me at all times, it is great that I can accomplish this."????

My storm is never less than 2 feet away from me, but not for legal reasons. Is this a work thing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 10:37 AM
    Good post! Ill look into it when I get home. Me and my gf love netflix, its our getaway from work/school

02-07-09 12:15 PM
    ”Since my Storm is legally only 2 feet away from me at all times, it is great that I can accomplish this."????

My storm is never less than 2 feet away from me, but not for legal reasons. Is this a work thing?

Ha ha. Sarcasm is very tricky sometimes. I just meant that I always have it near me too.

02-07-09 02:14 PM
    17+ hours of MacGyver....seriously?
    02-07-09 04:29 PM
    17+ hours of MacGyver....seriously?
    Don't worry that's just the first season, there'e plenty more.
    02-08-09 12:12 PM
    With netflix, can you download the movies to your Storm?
    02-08-09 02:35 PM
    With netflix, can you download the movies to your Storm?
    Umm, no.

But to the OP, great find. I love Netflix. I'm always discovering new movies I wanna see when I'm on the go and by the time I get home I forget what the name of the movie is. This will solve that.
    02-08-09 02:46 PM
    It would be cool if Netflix allowed streaming to the BB Storm or BB Bold.
    02-08-09 03:12 PM
    Anyone know if you can view the current movies you have out from within SmartFlicks? I don't see mine anywhere, and I don't know if I'm looking at the right spot.
    03-05-09 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD