What is it?
    Well, here is my latest creation. StormPiano does exactly what it sounds like it would do lol. It turns your storm into a piano. Just touch the keys to play the notes.

Current Build: 2.1.6

Known problems
    The second key wont play until the first key is finished. I'm trying to find away around this but from what I gathered the CDMA version of the storm can't play more then 1 note / clip at a time. I will keep trying though. If you have any more bugs please let me know.

Where can I get it? Using your storm browser click on this OTA link

Once you click that it will download / install onto your phone.

Future Plans: Well down the road I would like to add more keys where a swipe of the screen would show 7 more keys etc. I would also like to add a record button. The main focus right now though is to get the keys to play faster.

New Additions:
    Added 2.0.6: When the app is started up click the screen to bring up an advanced 2 row keyboard.
    Added 2.1.4: You can now swipe the screen. Left: Shorter Tone Right: Longer Tone Up: Volume Up Down: Volume Down
    Added 2.1.6: Fixed the errors with the keys playing the wrong note.

Wow I like this app a lot how can I thank you?
    Donate, of course! I'm just a college kid looking to buy some pizza and beer haha. Okay I'm not that stereotypical, but donations are always appreciated. Every dollar helps.

If you want to play the piano "DON'T" CLICK THE SCREEN. All you have to do is tap the screen and the keys will play. If you click the sceen it will put it into 2 keyboard mode where you can play more keys by "Tapping" the screen.
    Last edited by dmglakewood; 02-22-09 at 07:31 PM.
    02-10-09 01:06 PM
    sweeeeet....dmg can we get a guitar app aswell?
    02-10-09 01:10 PM
    very nice. will test it out for sure
    sweeeeet....dmg can we get a guitar app aswell?
    Already on it
    DMG you are the man.

There is an app on Iphone like a flute, you blow into the mic and press the keys to make different tones/combinations. This too hard to complete? Would be really cool!
    02-10-09 01:12 PM
    i would recommend some sort of key highlight for this app
    02-10-09 01:12 PM
    you gotta stop creating all of these useless apps. my storage space is gonna run out.
    02-10-09 01:13 PM
    sweet downloading now
    DMG you are the man.

There is an app on Iphone like a flute, you blow into the mic and press the keys to make different tones/combinations. This too hard to complete? Would be really cool!
    SMULE yes! +1 +1
    DMG you are the man.

I've never looked into doing anything with the mic, but I'm sure it's not that hard. The only problem I see is the tones can't overlap so that might distort the seamlessness a little bit.
    02-10-09 01:14 PM
    sweet gonna dl now
    02-10-09 01:15 PM
    i would recommend some sort of key highlight for this app
    Ohh yeah, I forgot all about that. I was going to shade the keys when tapped to give it that pushed down effect. I forgot all about that, thanks for the heads up.
    02-10-09 01:15 PM
    you gotta stop creating all of these useless apps. my storage space is gonna run out.
    Haha, good thing this one is only like 15kb.
    02-10-09 01:16 PM
    DMG im a bassist and i want a bass do you think after yur done with the guitar you can modify it of add in a bass?
    02-10-09 01:16 PM
    DMG, You are awesome. Its developers like you that keep people's hopes alive for the Storm.
    02-10-09 01:18 PM
    DMG im a bassist and i want a bass do you think after yur done with the guitar you can modify it of add in a bass?
    A bass only has 5 strings correct? I just have to find the frequencies online and convert them. It shouldn't be too hard. I will probably create both a bass and a guitar at the same time and release them both.
    02-10-09 01:18 PM
    is there anyway you could make it play chords? i know multitouch isnt an official thing on here but its implemented for copying, so if there was a way to do it it would be cool to be able to play chords on my storm ha
    02-10-09 01:20 PM
    Dmg I'm so happy I found this forum thanks so much bring them coming your the man!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 01:20 PM
    it doesn't work for me. i press a lot of keys and eventually a sound comes out.

edit: I thought you had to press the screen
    Last edited by d1ez3; 02-10-09 at 01:27 PM.
    02-10-09 01:21 PM
    DMG, You are awesome. Its developers like you that keep people's hopes alive for the Storm.
    Ehh don't lose hope. I'm not even a good programmer, I would say I'm just average. Just think of what kind of apps we could get if the good programmers step up to the plate and start creating apps.
    02-10-09 01:21 PM
    Very cool!!

Poloyphonic functionality is a necessity though! (the ability to play more than one note at a time...aka..a chord)

Also, is it me or does the volume control on the phone not work with this app?

And, if you want to make it just the absolute coolest piano app...and just blow those iPhone folks away... make it so that if you slide your finger across the top (where it says "Storm Piano"), the keyboard slides left and right, so you can access higher or lower notes than just the 12 visible.

Just trying to give you some helpful ideas on it. But, seriously...super-cool app! Thanks for developing it!
    02-10-09 01:22 PM
    Sweet app. I wish someone would make a simple lighter app with a moving flame... Nothing fancy like the Zippo app, just a plain bic... I go to alot of concerts and this would be cool... Cant wait to see the guitar app though... great job
    02-10-09 01:23 PM
    A bass only has 5 strings correct? I just have to find the frequencies online and convert them. It shouldn't be too hard. I will probably create both a bass and a guitar at the same time and release them both.
    4, usually. I'd like to get started developing some apps too. Mind if I hit you up at some point?
    is there anyway you could make it play chords? i know multitouch isnt an official thing on here but its implemented for copying, so if there was a way to do it it would be cool to be able to play chords on my storm ha
    I had multi-touch setup on it at first, but it can only play 1 note at a time. The storm isn't able to play notes over top one another so you would push two keys and it would play 1 note then play the next note after that. =/
    MThis looks cool to bad I'm in class right now and can't bust out the piano lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 01:24 PM
229 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD