Hey all,

I finally believe I've come up with a good release candidate for my 1.0 release of this software thanks to you Crackberry user's feedback! The name of the application is Visible Vote and it allows you to write congress personal letters from your Blackberry, Vote on Issues your legislators are voting on and updates them with your voting preference.

Some of the things added that people asked me for:
    1) The ability to see the details on each Senator by clicking their picture. This will show the bills they are voting for/against you on (I know its not the prettiest thing yet).
    2) Automatically move things to the Answered category upon answering a question without closing and opening the application.

NOTE! This is now available via the Blackberry App Store under Social Networking & Sharing!

The details can be found here on how to install it:

Visible Vote!

Here are some screenshots of the application:

Last edited by gte773h; 04-22-09 at 10:50 AM.
    04-08-09 05:44 PM
    Must say...this just became a very empowering smartphone! I'm impressed.
    04-08-09 06:23 PM
    Wow this is really cool. I'm gonna have to download it and give it a try. So will the votes actually count or what? how exactly does this one work. This is the first time I've seen this app. It looks really sweet though!
    Last edited by Moosecakes; 04-08-09 at 06:35 PM.
    04-08-09 06:29 PM
    This is a really great app. I love it. Good work!!!
    04-08-09 06:33 PM
    So will the votes actually count or what? how exactly does this one work.
    No, your vote does not actually count. (This is America Silly. J/K)
    Looks like it lets you contact your congressman and let them know where you stand on issues. If enough people let them know how we feel about stuff, maybe some good things can come from this.

Very cool app. Love the idea.
    04-08-09 08:07 PM
    Wow this is really cool. I'm gonna have to download it and give it a try. So will the votes actually count or what? how exactly does this one work. This is the first time I've seen this app. It looks really sweet though!
    Hey Moosecakes,

Yeap the votes are tallied at the end of the week for each legislator and a letter is faxed to them with the vote counts.

Im glad you like it! :-)

-Paul
    04-08-09 08:08 PM
    This is a really great app. I love it. Good work!!!
    Hey Morf,

I also added in the things people were asking for... So please delete and reinstall the new version and let me know what you think! It now has the ability to drill down on the details.

Dont worry about your votes, they will be maintained.

Regards,
    Paul
    04-08-09 08:09 PM
    Thanks guys! I've met wyden before so this will be kind of cool. If I may suggest something, you probably already know. But an image or something on the loading screen would be a nice little add on for your next update. Ill definitely continue to download! Great app!
    -Tyler

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 08:12 PM
    Where is the bill on getting Verizon to release a new OS?
    04-08-09 08:22 PM
    One more request...change the version number when the version changes.
    04-08-09 08:23 PM
    Haha now that's what im talking about. A trully usefull app. Great work man.

04-08-09 08:59 PM
    Very cool app idea!
    04-08-09 09:23 PM
    Awesome! Downloading now! Finally my voice will be heard!!!!!!!!!

Ok, maybe I took it too far.. Downloading nonetheless

EDIT: It's not switching into landscape to type email and password

EDIT again: actually having lots of trouble registering... am I suppose to disable compatibility mode?
    LAST EDIT: Yes, disabled compatibility mode.. much better... made a few votes, awesome app
    Last edited by RobUM2011; 04-08-09 at 09:40 PM.
    04-08-09 09:26 PM
    Awesome! Downloading now! Finally my voice will be heard!!!!!!!!!

Ok, maybe I took it too far.. Downloading nonetheless

EDIT: It's not switching into landscape to type email and password

EDIT again: actually having lots of trouble registering... am I suppose to disable compatibility mode?
    LAST EDIT: Yes, disabled compatibility mode.. much better... made a few votes, awesome app
    Hey RobUM20011,

Thanks for the feedback on the compatibility mode! I didn't even know that it shouldnt be run in compatibility mode.

-Paul
    04-08-09 10:20 PM
    Wow this app is really fun I like it a lot I've voted on a couple things and its kind of addicting or maybe its just I like using my blackberry a ****load lol nevertheless great app! Can't wait for bigger and better versions! Keep the good work up.

04-08-09 11:27 PM
    i hate politics...

good job on the app thou
    04-08-09 11:31 PM
    Hey Moosecakes,

Yeap the votes are tallied at the end of the week for each legislator and a letter is faxed to them with the vote counts.

Im glad you like it! :-)

-Paul
    Love the changes you all made, Paul and I love the fact that the Legislator will get to see our votes You put a lot of work into this app. Great Job!

04-08-09 11:32 PM
    I really like this app. It helps me keep an eye on what the people I voted for are doing in Washington. I also like that you are able to sync with the Facebook version of the app. That way you can either vote from your computer or BB about the issues.

04-08-09 11:45 PM
    I like the changes too. Keep up the good work.
    04-09-09 03:05 AM
    Awesome app man could totally see myself using this.
    04-09-09 06:51 AM
    Hey all,

Thank you so much for the kind words! :-) I am glad you find it useful. This has been a pet project of mine for the past 3 months and I think we are finally getting some traction.

Please feel free to PM me and let me know anything else you would like. I take them very seriously and put it into my list of TODO's.

-Paul
    04-09-09 09:31 AM
    Loved the beta and this release is even better. Just not sure I can take the results without some kind of zen app.
    04-09-09 05:20 PM
    Man, I'm impressed. Very useful application. Way to go political!
    04-09-09 05:23 PM
    Are they really listening?
    04-09-09 07:33 PM
    I've been having some trouble getting the app to download. I hope it is something I can use. I love being able to tell my elected officials what I think
    04-09-09 08:45 PM
118 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD