Any programs offer turn by turn directions?

I was thinking Google Maps?
    02-28-09 12:55 PM
    Vz navigator

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 12:59 PM
    02-28-09 01:01 PM
    hmm, any free alternatives?
    02-28-09 01:01 PM
    i don't have a storm so i am not sure. you may want to search the forums:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/fr...ng-gps-136182/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/th...e-free-159086/
    02-28-09 01:02 PM
    Google Maps is ok, but in my opinion VZNavigator is the best one I've tried without paying an amazingly high amount. Garmin is a great program too, but be ready to pay for it (i believe in the neighborhood of $80).

VZN has great search features, a really nice display and has always been really accurate for me. plus now it has the ability to use traffic alerts to reroute you to avoid delays.
    02-28-09 01:03 PM
    Google Maps is ok, but in my opinion VZNavigator is the best one I've tried without paying an amazingly high amount. Garmin is a great program too, but be ready to pay for it (i believe in the neighborhood of $80).

VZN has great search features, a really nice display and has always been really accurate for me. plus now it has the ability to use traffic alerts to reroute you to avoid delays.
    i agree. while not free i love VZ NAV and have been using for 4 years or so.
    02-28-09 01:04 PM
    I hear great things about VZ Navigator, but if you look at cost of ownership you will see the garmin app is a better investment. Plus LOTS of other features in the Garmin app.

I use it and love it.
    02-28-09 01:10 PM
    hmm, any free alternatives?
    Google Maps
    Nav4All

both r working on the Storm but I agree with posters....Garmin & VZNav well worth the $$ if you use them often.
    02-28-09 02:03 PM
    Street View is kinda suitable with turn by turn directions. Just wish the streetview window was larger and had audio though.
    02-28-09 02:15 PM
    what about poynt? Is it good?
    02-28-09 02:19 PM
    Street View is kinda suitable with turn by turn directions. Just wish the streetview window was larger and had audio though.
    With the google maps touch the street view pic, push blackberry button then select expand. This puts the street view to fill the whole screen. But there still is no audio unfortunatly.

02-28-09 02:22 PM
    Like posted above the only one I know about is nav4all. Sometimes it doesn't give you the fasted directions but it gets you to the right place in the end and it's free so it's well worth it.
    02-28-09 02:30 PM
    Garmin Mobile for $80--one time or VZN for $10/month equals $120/year for how many years...?
    02-28-09 02:37 PM
    Garmin Mobile for $80--one time or VZN for $10/month equals $120/year for how many years...?
    Ditto!!!
    I fail to understand how people can possibly equate $10 per month as being cheaper than $80 one time non-recurring fee. The break even pay back is pretty elementary... as in 8 months.

Garmin Rocks... I use it daily!!!
    02-28-09 03:18 PM
    Ditto!!!
    I fail to understand how people can possibly equate $10 per month as being cheaper than $80 one time non-recurring fee. The break even pay back is pretty elementary... as in 8 months.

Garmin Rocks... I use it daily!!!
    If its like the garmin hand held, you have to pay for yearly updates. So it isnt cheaper. If you use it alot like i do with my work, you need the updated roads.
    02-28-09 03:46 PM
    I use telenav. It is the best in my opinion. Much cleaner crisper look than garmin. More search options. It is 9.99 a month. Works great. Highly recommended. I would like to save money. And buy the Garmin. But I like telenav slot better. Worth the monthly fee in my opinion

02-28-09 03:51 PM
    Any programs offer turn by turn directions?

I was thinking Google Maps?
    +1 for NAV4ALL
    02-28-09 04:07 PM
    Garmin does not download the maps to your Blackberry so there are no updates. Everything is done over the air so there is nothing more you have to pay for.

Bob

If its like the garmin hand held, you have to pay for yearly updates. So it isnt cheaper. If you use it alot like i do with my work, you need the updated roads.
    02-28-09 04:11 PM
    vz navigator!
    02-28-09 05:06 PM
    There are no updates. Maps are downloaded as needed. $80 is for the life of the phone.
    02-28-09 05:06 PM
    This One-Time Purchase subscription applies to only one (1) Device. During the first twelve (12) months of your subscription, if your original Device becomes non-operational you may be permitted, at Garmin�s sole discretion, to make a one-time transfer of the Garmin Mobile Application to another supported Blackberry Device. To make a request for such transfer, please contact the Garmin Customer Service department via Garmin Support. No transfers are permitted, for any reason, after twelve (12) months from the purchase of your subscription. Although software fixes, updates and patches are included in the One-Time Purchase, a free upgrade to the next version(s) of Garmin Mobile is not.

Some people have had several Storms to get one they like...with the above Garmin legalese statements, after you make the first transfer...plan on getting the wallet out for the next transfer...
    Last edited by DIA.NSA.CIA; 02-28-09 at 06:32 PM.
    02-28-09 06:30 PM
    This is true but it shouldn't take much time to determine if your storm is good or not. Within that time you can hold off on buying any 3rd party apps. A lot of apps only allow 1 transfer. if you need NAV that bad VZ Navigator might be the way to go.

Bob
    02-28-09 06:36 PM
    I used google maps to navigate home tonight

02-28-09 11:18 PM
    Please note that VZ Navigator is using Assisted GPS which is more accurate. Google or any other free GPS software are merely using the regular GPS and not assisted GPS.
    02-28-09 11:32 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD