I was thinking about getting this it's $99 for a one time purchase, sounds good, Verizon Navigator is $9.99 a month, Will this work on Verizon network?
    02-21-09 01:41 PM
    Been using it for a couple of months, big thumbs up.

There should still be $20 coupon codes floating around, somehwere.
    02-21-09 01:46 PM
    ya i have it to, works pretty good.. i got mine for $79.00

look around the web or this site, you'll find it
    02-21-09 02:01 PM
    It works great...Plus it gives you weather, traffic, gas prices, POI, and a few other things. Heres the link for the 20% off.

Garmin | Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry - Turn your BlackBerry into a savvy navigator with Garmin Mobile
    02-21-09 02:03 PM
    It works great...Plus it gives you weather, traffic, gas prices, POI, and a few other things. Heres the link for the 20% off.

Garmin | Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry - Turn your BlackBerry into a savvy navigator with Garmin Mobile
    Ok Sweet, One more Guestion I have two lines, If I wanted to use this on both would i have to pay twice?
    02-21-09 02:13 PM
    Yes. And if u switch phones like going to a curve you will be buying again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 02:17 PM
    I'm looking into this as well.

The only down side is that, if you have to get a new phone. They will only aloow you one transfer within the 1st year of purchase, after that your SOL, and will be required to repurchase the software if your phone goes bad.

So basically after the first year when you lose your phone for whatever reason, you just lost the nav unit as well.

When I look at it that way, I might just be better off purchasing a nav unit from circuit city right now for $120
    02-21-09 02:17 PM
    I'm looking into this as well.

The only down side is that, if you have to get a new phone. They will only aloow you one transfer within the 1st year of purchase, after that your SOL, and will be required to repurchase the software if your phone goes bad.

So basically after the first year when you lose your phone for whatever reason, you just lost the nav unit as well.
    As long as you are replacing a storm with a new storm you should be ok. The GM app is NOT tied to a pin. I have backed it up to DM and "restored" it on 3 different pins.
    02-21-09 03:02 PM

When I look at it that way, I might just be better off purchasing a nav unit from circuit city right now for $120
    I would never consider the Mobile app to be a suitable replacement for a standalone Nav unit.

it's nice to have on the bb, but my car is my office and I can't have my bb tied up navigating. For an occassional trip, sure, but as an everyday gps, no way.

apples and oranges, imho.
    02-21-09 03:05 PM
    Can you display gpx files? I've been thinking of getting a ram mount for my storm on my motorcycle and using the phone as my GPS. However if I can't load my own routes, then it might be pointless.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD