The program never seems to find the address that I want it to find. Then when it finds an address is just gives me an arrow with no directions. Then when I look at the map it looks like a 5 year old drew it with his box of crayons. Geezzz I got so frustrated with it today I deleted it and will never go back. I would love to buy Garmin mobile but I think its way to much money to pay for a program.
    12-27-08 04:44 PM
    I have never had any of the problems that you are having. I use mine a lot and the info is pretty percise and the GPS is almost spot on!

Now you might be spoiled by Garmin!
    12-27-08 06:04 PM
    I hate it... doesn't work for me. Infact it has never worked for me.

So its worth to buy the Garmin one.

Steve
    12-28-08 12:47 AM
    I agree with you... don't like it either. I had the same problems you had. I wish V Nav was free. I really liked it.
    12-31-08 02:26 AM
    Pinpoints locations accurately but entering info is a little cumbersum. Will use it for a little longer before I decide if i like it. Garmin software looks to be the way to go & 99 bucks is reasonable for full featured, accurate GPS with voice.
    12-31-08 02:43 AM
    Telenav ROCKS!
    12-31-08 03:31 AM
    I agree that Nav4All is not very good. GPS-wise, it seems to be ok, but the interface is lousy in my opinion. The screens are too minimalist. AND I WAS NEVER ABLE TO GET IT TO TALK TO ME! (I posted about this in another thread, but didn't get any responses)

I tried to like it but couldn't. BBmaps is fine for me. I am also under the impression that we can use VZNav when needed for a daily charge of $2.99. Anyone know if this is true?

Anyways, if I am in my car, I'm probably going to use my Nuvi.
    12-31-08 06:02 AM
    I am also under the impression that we can use VZNav when needed for a daily charge of $2.99. Anyone know if this is true?
    Yes, you can.
    12-31-08 10:19 AM
    i Work for VZW and no you can not use it for 2.99 on smartphones unfortunately.
    12-31-08 01:05 PM
    i Work for VZW and no you can not use it for 2.99 on smartphones unfortunately.
    I preferred Lighteninrod's answer much more.
    12-31-08 02:24 PM
    Yes, you can.
    No, you can't. I tried to do it one time (called Verizon) and it's not available for Blackberries.
    12-31-08 02:58 PM
    I tried Nav4All. It sort of worked but was a pain to program. I dumped it in favor of VZ Nav. The cost is annoying and I will probably replace it with a real GPS, but for the moment it works and it picks up the address book so programming is really simple. It is astonishingly accurate. I have compared it to BBMaps on several occasions (not driving) and it is accurate to with the length of my car. It is particularly impressive when navigating ramps onto highways. When it says to merge onto the highway, I have always been right at the beginning of the legal merge. Most impressive. 73
    01-04-09 02:01 AM
    All i gotta say Nav4All sucks major! No graphics And maps suck!
    01-04-09 05:49 AM
    It lasted about 1 hoyr on my phone. I alrready have a standalone GPS unit and that + Google Maps works for me.

GPS boxes can be had for <$100 today.
    01-04-09 06:00 AM
    Hated it! Went to AmzeGPS as they specifically stated that their latest release was for the storm. LIED! They just did that so that people would use their product, they just ASSUMED that it would work. Cannot use their on screen scroll buttons or select your 'state' during setup. Basically renders it useless.
    They say that the are going to release a new update next week, that was 3 weeks ago... I'll post if they do eventually release it.
    For now using Vodafones Find and Go which works really well, even correctly pronounces the road names I'm turning onto Only downside is that voice is only free for 6 months, after that it's �5 a month
    01-04-09 06:11 AM
    Yeah nav4all is pretty rough. I used it last night and although it got the job done, I was not very comfortable during the process. I hate having to switch away from navigation to view the direction list.
    I don't even look at the maps as they are so pitiful. On the plus side, since .85 the builtin speaker works and the gps accuracy is spot on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 07:58 AM
    Nav4all works great simple no nonsense and easier on the battery then Vnav. I have used both. With Vnav i got lost in LA because nav doesn't work when you are on a call! Vnav works well it just is no replacement for a stand alone GPS and i think having a real GPS is more cost efficient.
    Nav4all is a little basic and slower to enter info on a storm but does work. Voice doesn't seem to work when you have Viigo installed.
    No complaints on a FREE program that does as intended for me.
    01-04-09 09:49 AM
    BTW AmazeGPs is for the Storm 9500 and is to compatible with the 9530. Easy to find if you look in there forums.
    01-04-09 09:50 AM
    Works great for me. I don't need the fancy screens. Just talk to me and show me where to go. Used it on my helio ocean, HTC Touch and they finally made it work on the storm. Initially, I couldn't type anything in, so I ininstalled it until a couple days ago when I Downloaded it again. Works great. Typing is like multitap even in SureType mode.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 11:34 AM
    I just installed Nav4All 8.0.78 and the voice works fine with Viigo installed. I read some forum that the US Female doesn't work so tried the male and works fine. I had tried an older version and was quite upset with the quality of the product but this new version isn't all that bad. I'll give it a try over the next few days while traveling to see if it's worth keeping it or removing it again.
    01-04-09 08:11 PM
    I've tried both Nav4All and AmazeGPS - both were off my Storm in under 30 minutes. Nav4All caused the system to lock-up. Couldn't exit the application. Pressing "menu" just brought up the keyboard display. AmazeGPS is cr@p, they say it's for the Storm on their website but it's not. Selection criteria doesn't scroll (it's obviously looking for the mouse/scroll wheel and not screen scroll). Tied to select my state, got no where as a result of the lack of scrolling. Ended up with some language other than English. AmazeGPS seemed to have more promise than Nav4All, both of these were Nav4NoOne in my books. I have stand alone Garmin - well worth it compared to these programs. With new Google Maps now supporting Storm GPS it will fill in nicely when I don't have my Garmin with me.
    02-18-09 09:32 PM
    For free, I figured I'd try it out. WTF?! Love the UI.......

Very unorganized, slow, and the one option I thought I'd like, the GPS workout option, sorry not available.

I woke up this morning to a functional GMaps, so now I'm set.
    02-18-09 11:21 PM
    BTW AmazeGPs is for the Storm 9500 and is to compatible with the 9530. Easy to find if you look in there forums.
    I downloaded amaze and it was a God awful experience!
    02-21-09 09:27 PM
    W A S T E

of time, effort, and space.
    02-21-09 10:11 PM
    same here, not a big fan of that program
    02-22-09 01:32 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD