I wish more and more my Storm was an Iphone. Blackberry get your *****together. I'm sick of waiting for my phone to work half as well.
    05-11-09 05:53 PM
    Well that's useful, since you didn't even mention a single specific example of what you're talking about.
    05-11-09 05:57 PM
    so why not go get one
    05-11-09 06:00 PM
    I dont think the OP has to be specific with the problems because they have pretty much all been covered on this forum lol! Is there going to be a lemon law for this phone?
    05-11-09 06:01 PM
    Its a rant, do I really need to? I'm expressing my general everyday frustration.
    05-11-09 06:02 PM
    I wish more and more my Storm was an Iphone. Blackberry get your sh*t together. I'm sick of waiting for my phone to work half as well.
    I clicked on this thread accidentally and this is what I get? Dude they sell iphones at Wal-mart, and there are Wal-marts EVERYWHERE! What in the H E L L are you waiting for?
    05-11-09 06:04 PM
    I'll send you one for your birthday (not really) if it'll keep you from starting yet another pointless thread when you could have easily just found one of the other 4,000,000 "Storm sucks" threads to rant in. But thanks anyway...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 06:05 PM
    I clicked on this thread accidentally and this is what I get? Dude they sell iphones at Wal-mart, and there are Wal-marts EVERYWHERE! What in the H E L L are you waiting for?
    I purposely clicked on it cuz of the very descriptive title. They sell iSucks at Wal-mart??

05-11-09 06:09 PM
    Is there going to be a lemon law for this phone?
    Too bad they will not enact it.

I believe they were in fact trying to pass it in some state a few years ago.

The Storm would definitely qualify as a lemon flavored turd : )

05-11-09 06:09 PM
    Its a rant, do I really need to? I'm expressing my general everyday frustration.
    Yes we'd like the level of frustration on a scale of 1-10 (10 being higly frustrated) a 10 minute powerpoint presentation on all the aspects of your frustrations and a notarized
    letter on why RIM needs to get their crapp together.

Please submit your rant on professional letterhead, double spaced using 8pt Times New Roman font.

Thank you.

05-11-09 06:16 PM
    If it wasn't for my 2 year marrige to Verizon I would throw in the towel for sure. I keep hoping that the next build will be the one but it just really looks like we will be settling for mediocrity.

Not sure why I'm getting flack for starting a thread in the Rant and Rave section that contains a Rant. Sure all this has been said a million times in these forums but I felt I needed to point out some disappointment today. I'm sick having to resort to quick pull everytime some thing else on this phone f*cks up. Especially with the lightening fast reboot time on our beloved devices.
    05-11-09 06:18 PM
    I dont think the OP has to be specific with the problems because they have pretty much all been covered on this forum lol! Is there going to be a lemon law for this phone?
    See you are wrong there...he might have problems that can be fixed via a new OS or other tricks and tips. If he updates to 141 and his problems go away and he is then happy with his storm i think he should atleast gives us that chance to help
    05-11-09 06:21 PM
    If it wasn't for my 2 year marrige to Verizon I would throw in the towel for sure. I keep hoping that the next build will be the one but it just really looks like we will be settling for mediocrity.

Not sure why I'm getting flack for starting a thread in the Rant and Rave section that contains a Rant. Sure all this has been said a million times in these forums but I felt I needed to point out some disappointment today. I'm sick having to resort to quick pull everytime some thing else on this phone f*cks up. Especially with the lightening fast reboot time on our beloved devices.
    No offense dude but seein the title then readin the post only makes one think it was a bait thread considering there's a server full of rant threads already that you obviously didn't search for. And we could get into the whole "did you try it before you bought it" and "you had 30 days to test it" discussions but history has shown these are null arguments to the not-so-happy Storm customers which you obviously are. See all the trouble NEW threads like this start?

05-11-09 06:30 PM
    Let me guess... Still running .75, tons of leaky 3rd party software, and some shoddy 3rd party theme or a combination of those 3? Over here, I'm over 22 days without a battery pull, over 22 days without a random reboot, and over 40megs of free app memory on a daily basis.

Of course, I can't be sure what is causing OP's problems, but seems like most people having issues having to do with lag/battery pulls have leaky/faulty 3rd party software. Now, any hardware issues are RIM's fault and should be addressed via warranty.

I empathize with OP. However, would be nice to know that he has gone through forums and have seen what can be done to address issues through our community.
    05-11-09 06:31 PM
    Running 141/5.0.0.90 but thanks for the thought of trying to help. Mostly its just alot if the little things that should just work better. Today example was the the unlock process. I hate that I have to hit unlock, wait for the second for the screen to catch up, then type in my pin, make sure I dont get to far ahead of the lag, then hit return....too many steps to just get into my phone. Iphone, I slide my finger, type 4 digits and I'm in.
    05-11-09 06:31 PM
    Use storm slider and it should fix exactly what you are experiencing with the lock problem.
    05-11-09 06:36 PM
    Some people just must have a higher tollerance for crappy software and can look past some of these "glitches" I guess. Thats probably why Microsoft still has a 90% market share.

This phone still works better than most of the pieces of crap out there and I could have it a lot worse. I just expect more from a device that has been on the market for 6 months.
    05-11-09 06:41 PM
    See you are wrong there...he might have problems that can be fixed via a new OS or other tricks and tips. If he updates to 141 and his problems go away and he is then happy with his storm i think he should atleast gives us that chance to help
    While I see your point, you aren't taking into the consideration the "out of the box" factor. Why cant the phone work right out of the box? Why should you have to dig to find tips and tricks that should make your phone work better? Why should you have to even put in the effort to put a leaked OS on the phone? The damn thing should work just fine "right out of the box". Verizon shouldn't even be selling this phone IMO. Yes I have tried almost every single leak and am currently using .132, and while it is better, it still isnt great. Most people that buy cell phones dont read forums they just go in and buy! Without this site I would have given up a long time ago. The fact that Verizon sells this phone to anyone that walks into the store is a crime.
    05-11-09 06:45 PM
    I've got storm locker, didn't solve that particular issue. I'll give storm slider a shot.
    05-11-09 06:45 PM
    If your phone is that bad, isn't it worth it to pay a $175 termination fee to get out of Verizon and go to AT&T and get the iPhone that you want? Really, no headache is worth $175. You say you are stuck in a 2 year contract. Say you pay $100 a month. Do you want to pay $2400 and not be happy because of your phone, or pay $175, go to AT&T, get your iPhone and never have to rant on CB ever again?
    05-11-09 09:34 PM
    Switched to IPhone and couldn't be happier - Everything works and the phone is stable as ****.
    05-11-09 09:45 PM
    Switched to IPhone and couldn't be happier - Everything works and the phone is stable as ****.
    Your device name says is all. "Not a BlackBerry/Smartphone User" Then why are you here? Really why? You have become, as we say, obsolete.
    Last edited by wxman2003; 05-11-09 at 09:57 PM.
    05-11-09 09:55 PM
    It doesn't look like Storm slider address the issue at all actually. Unless I'm missing a config spot somewhere there is no way to connect locking your phone with a pin and this app.
    05-11-09 10:42 PM
    Backing out of the contact would cost more like $375 when you count the purchase of a new device. Iphone is far from perfect as well, especially if you try to use it in the enterprise. I like BlackBerries. I'd just really like to see RIM step it up and make this device what it should be. They are the gorrilla in the mobile phone biz not apple. Apple was able to get its sh*t together in 6months on their first try. Hire some legit engineers and get this crap worked out. There are enough of them out of work right now that would be happy to help.

I have to admire some of you folks's moxy on defending these devices. Its like I'm ranting about your Mom the way you folks defend this effed up device. I hope you work for RIM or have a silly amount of RIM stock that depends on this piece's success.
    05-11-09 10:53 PM
    It doesn't look like Storm slider address the issue at all actually. Unless I'm missing a config spot somewhere there is no way to connect locking your phone with a pin and this app.
    do you have the pay version? It allows you to set a pin? You would disable the factory locking pin also.
    05-11-09 10:55 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD