I have been using Lyricidals Shrink-OS for somet ime and keep finding other things I can do without. However, there are some things I am wondering if I can delete or not. I am not 100% sure what they are/do and was looking for some help to get a little more garbage off there.

What is ICQ?
    Is attachment service what the name suggests (ie I won't be able to receive or send attachments?
    BBMaps - even if I erase this it will still come back right?
    Default Font - if I erase this what font will I have?
    Default Ringtones - again this can't delete all ringtones surely?
    What is S/MIME?

Thanks in advance
    08-07-09 09:22 AM
    Been wondering myself about attachment service...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 09:53 AM
    keep attachment service - its for viewing attachments

you can drop S/MIME if youre not on BES, heres what it is dont feel like typing it out again - BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)

ICQ is a messenger client

it doesnt delete all ringtones but i would keep it if you use anything with "BB" in the name

i believe BBAlpha Sans is the default font...like 75% sure
    08-07-09 10:18 AM
    Thanks for your help, looks like I can shed a few more things now then
    08-07-09 12:20 PM
    You may want to keep BBMaps. A few of the weather Apps like Weatherbug use it to disply their maps. I figured that out the hard way.
    08-07-09 01:15 PM
    I know, I don't think that any of the apps that I have use it, except maybe Poynt, so I'm not too bothered. I use Google Maps mostly
    08-07-09 01:43 PM
    I wouldn't get rid of the default fonts. I did this once and couldn't stand it - the font if you delete the default fonts is BBSansSerif, not BBAlpha Sans.

ICQ can definitely go.

Keep Attachment Service, BB Maps and Default Fonts. The others can go.
    08-07-09 03:39 PM
    As a heads up though, do a test where you use Shrink-A-OS and then where you don't and just manually control what goes on the phone using AppLoader. After that, make sure you install all of your regular programs. Once you've installed them all, do a battery pull and record the memory. Do this for both. I've actually found that Shrink-A-OS isn't helping me save memory anymore.
    08-07-09 03:41 PM
    I would love to get rid of all the messenger set up files, is there a way to do this?
    08-07-09 03:49 PM
    I would love to get rid of all the messenger set up files, is there a way to do this?
    Do you want to get rid of BB Messenger or just the things like Windows Live Messenger? Shrink-A-OS can handle all of this if you like.
    08-07-09 05:45 PM

These are my settings. I like using the phone pix/vid and viewing email attachments. This config works for me. If you use bbmaps and vz nav don't shrink them out. Likewise for anything else you use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by CrackBurglar; 08-07-09 at 09:07 PM.
    08-07-09 07:27 PM
    Yeah those are pretty much the settings I use also. I like to keep my memory pretty free'd up so I can have my applications running without lagging my phone. Took the attachment viewer out and had to put back in because I couldn't view attached pics.
    08-08-09 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD