Hey All,

Now that everybody has found OS 4.7.0.99 on the Official Leaked thread, let's use this one STRICTLY for findings (not download questions, etc.). Leave the other stuff on the Leaked thread and just use this for stuff like...

Findings/What's New/Different:

Pros:

Cons:

Keep it concise and value added. Much thanks!!
    02-01-09 01:17 AM
    immediate things ive noticed:

-as said, the fonts on the home screen icons are back to the old size (those of .75)
    -letter size on all keyboards are smaller than on .90.. on landscape qwerty the !123 key seems like the letters are too small that it looks uncrisp
    -boot time has sped up a lot (for me anyway)
    -accelerometer is pretty much the same as .90
    -fade transitions are back, which is nice, the switch is as fast as .90 but with the fades
    -i got media card inserted but it went away right after it showed itself (ive gotten it on other os's, and only once encountered the VSOD)

thats all i got so far

sorry i didnt stick to kevins outline but i havnt had enough time yet to fill it all. but i hope this helps those who are curious
    02-01-09 01:22 AM
    Sooo ... I "found" my browser has disappeared.

Edit: Also lost the Instant Messaging folder and all of its contents. I actually use AIM/Google/MSN on my phone so this isn't good. I've started up Desktop Manager and am trying to reload them. Next step is a battery pull. After that, wipe and reinstall. This is the first update I've done that's had a problem of any sort. I've installed every leak on top of the .65 that my device came with, and had no problems at all.

Edit 2: DM fixed it all.
    Last edited by punman; 02-01-09 at 01:29 AM.
    02-01-09 01:22 AM
    try a battery pull. that always works for me. I lose the browser with every update.
    02-01-09 01:24 AM
    I would agree with all the above post,

@ punman resend service books.
    02-01-09 01:25 AM
    Just got it updated. Everything seems a bit faster and is working fine. If you're referring to the browser icon, mine is still where it was and opens fine. Picture taking is instant on the camera. No waiting a few seconds for the new picture to load on the screen....
    02-01-09 01:26 AM
    why cant i find the stupid software on DM
    02-01-09 01:27 AM
    Sooo ... I "found" my browser has disappeared.
    Do a battery pull. Then look.
    02-01-09 01:27 AM
    Pros:

*Installed much quicker than previous beta releases. From start to finish was no more than 20 minutes for me.

*Didn't have to reboot or resend service books to get internet browser working

*Pictures saved just fine so far

Cons:

The keyboard font is smaller again - much to my dismay

Thats it so far. Only had the beta for 10 minutes so far.
    02-01-09 01:28 AM
    So the text on the buttons and screens are small again. Makes me kinda want to stick with .90 for a little bit longer.
    02-01-09 01:29 AM
    is there still qwerty with portrait mode??
    02-01-09 01:30 AM
    Pro's:

Non yet..

Still testing

Con's:
    Keys smaller. Not that big of a deal
    Had to send service book, not a big problem.....
    Had some lag in the device operations, did battery pull and going allot snappier...
    02-01-09 01:30 AM
    So the text on the buttons and screens are small again. Makes me kinda want to stick with .90 for a little bit longer.
    .90 was far from stable...if font/text sizes are more important than stability (hoping .99 is more stable...will see within about 24 hours) then you've left me scratching my head lol.
    02-01-09 01:31 AM
    is there still qwerty with portrait mode??
    Yes there is...
    02-01-09 01:31 AM
    sleep mode anyone? this is the most important feature I need...
    02-01-09 01:32 AM
    is the font thing how it is on older models?

i notice on my .75 that some letters will be big and other small.
    02-01-09 01:32 AM
    Still the same ole problems...buggy!
    02-01-09 01:35 AM
    no it don't expire
    Still the same ole problems...buggy!
    Specifics pls?
    If you d/l it. It will be where you left it. Download links can and will go down. Once it's on your PC you should be good to go.
    yes, and this post should be in the download section. this is findings only...
    question ? is it me or does .99 reboot the fastest ?

EDiT: i take it back . the bar loaded like 75% nd it's been there for a couple of mins
    Last edited by thehOtbOy; 02-01-09 at 01:40 AM.
    02-01-09 01:36 AM
    also, looks like they incorporated full qwerty keyboard in the welcoming program, like showing the different keyboards
    one question once u download the os its there right like it wont like expire i want to check out the reviews first before actually install it to my phone
    Yes you can wait to install it but please people lets try to pay attention and use threads for their intention.

Gotta admit I'm a bit saddened to hear the qwerty landscape keys are smaller again. I liked the size they were in .90.
    Yes you can wait to install it but please people lets try to pay attention and use threads for their intention.

Gotta admit I'm a bit saddened to hear the qwerty landscape keys are smaller again. I liked the size they were in .90.
    Well, it was just the numbers and not the keys that were bigger in .90, yes? So really it's just aesthetics..it should type just as well.
    02-01-09 01:37 AM
1,440 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD