I have 4.7.0.90 on my device now. I ran through the update procedures to update to .100 v3 hybrid because I've been told it gets rid of the switching between EDGE and edge.

My problem is that my DM is not seeing a newer version on my computer than what I have on my device. I think this may be due to the application loader file and loader file having a lower version number than what I have. They are 4.7.0.35 and .45.

Anyone have a tip on how to get around this?
    02-17-09 10:26 PM
    so...any ETA on V4? .106 for 9530 is a dud for me.
    02-18-09 07:29 AM
    anyone else have this problem? Whenever i have a different theme other than the default theme running and do a battery pull for whatever reason, i get the VSOD. When this happens, its permanent....ie, no matter how many battery pulls i perform, my phone will never completely turn on. The only way to get the phone back to normal is to plug it into my PC and remove the additional themes through the App Loader. Anyone else have this problem or know of a solution?

I'm running Sith's Hybrid V3

Thanks
    02-20-09 10:02 AM
    anyone else have this problem? Whenever i have a different theme other than the default theme running and do a battery pull for whatever reason, i get the VSOD. When this happens, its permanent....ie, no matter how many battery pulls i perform, my phone will never completely turn on. The only way to get the phone back to normal is to plug it into my PC and remove the additional themes through the App Loader. Anyone else have this problem or know of a solution?

I'm running Sith's Hybrid V3

Thanks
    Same here.
    02-20-09 11:01 AM
    There is no update on a v4 at this time, since versions are leaking too fast. It isnt worth the time seeing what issues people are having.
    02-21-09 08:13 PM
    Well I tried 103, and I leaked like a stuck pig!

So here I am I just installed Sith's 3rd OS.

WOW I'm addicted to upgrading!

My memory is steady and all apps work.

Camera is like brand new and quick! Everything else is running smooth also.

I fear now that when the "REAL" Updated OS is released from Verizon I am going to have to really think and study to see "IF" it will be better then this!
    Last edited by jamesandyori; 02-22-09 at 03:51 PM.
    02-22-09 01:53 PM
    Well I tried 103, and I leaked like a stuck pig!

So here I am I just installed Sith's 3rd OS.

WOW I'm addicted to upgrading!

My memory is steady and all apps work.

Camera is like brand new and quick! Everything else is running smooth also.

I fear now that when the "REAL" Updated OS is released from Verizon I am going to have to really think and study to see "IF" it will be better then this!
    I had this loaded since the day he made it til about 3 days ago. The best OS I have had yet. Virtually no loss of memory and lightning fast browser. I had problems with this OS and having themes on my phone. Kept getting VSOD from themes loaded. Ended up going to the 103/106 hybrid. The only downfall is, like you said, horrible memory leakage.
    02-22-09 09:46 PM
    I have one custom theme, that I do not want to delete.

So far it appears to be solid for me! Thanks again Sith!

I never thought I would be using a hybrid, I for sure will never try to make one of those cocktails that's for sure.

James
    02-22-09 11:36 PM
    damn it, i didnt read this thread before updating. was hoping it still had full keyboard in portrait mode. and the phone still crashes and reboots after about a minute of listening to moodio.fm
    Last edited by gkwong; 02-23-09 at 02:10 AM.
    02-23-09 02:06 AM
    Yeah but the bigger font in portrait mode is totally cool!
    02-23-09 01:03 PM
    Learned a ton from this site and i finally decided to jump on board and share my experiences. i've downloaded and install the latest hybrid os (which to my knowledge is the 141 w/ the bold os mixed somewhere is the modules) and it is amazing. no complaints or flaws so far. Sith is a freakin brainiac. Good job dawg.
    05-12-09 06:54 PM
    OK, sorry for the NOOB question but - how do I install Sith's OS?

I've looked for an hour on the web and can't find any installation instructions - I only find great reviews of the result -after- it's installed. :-/

I've downloaded the file - BlackBerry 9530 4.7.3.101a(2).msi

I have a Storm 9530 and I'm on a Mac with Blackberry Desktop manager installed.
    Using T-Mobile with edge.

>>> Do I just install it using the Blackberry Desktop app?

Thanks for any assistance!
    11-21-09 03:02 PM
    Holy crap dude this thread is WAAAAAAY old!!!

Download the latest 5.0 OS and use that instead! This OS is a piece of crap compared to that. If you want a hybris try BBCrackman's V10 over at BlackberryOS
    11-21-09 05:19 PM
    The good old days of the Storm in the early stage....damn the storm came a long way....i actually miss the touch screen!
    09-13-10 11:36 PM
1,714 ... 676869
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD