I’ve been learning about SVG files and in the process made two new themes for the Storm. Both are very simple looking black backgrounds (you can use whatever you want) and standard fonts. Both with some nice animation though.
    Today Plus!

http://www.talkdelaware.com/ota/plat...oday_Plus_.jad

Today Crossbar!

http://www.talkdelaware.com/ota/plat..._Crossbar_.jad

Special thanks to Caddyman for hosting the files....
    02-20-09 04:09 PM
    Thank you. I like the crossbar one!
    02-20-09 04:10 PM
    The PERFECT theme.
    02-20-09 04:11 PM
    The PERFECT theme.
    I don't know about that. I'm just learning.
    02-20-09 04:12 PM
    Few request:

-Can you make it so just the Messages/Calendar show? That way we can fit more than just three of the latest things?
    - Make the text a tad smaller on the main menu? Its a tad bit huge and gets the way of wallpapers & such

Thats pretty much it, you kept everything else perfection
    02-20-09 04:19 PM
    I'll finish a version two once the little one has gone to bed. I'll update this thread once i get them uploaded. Keep the feedback coming...
    02-20-09 04:26 PM
    Great. THanks a lot!
    02-20-09 04:27 PM
    Sorry don't want to pester Caddyman to continually upload my files. You'll have to do with alx files

Cheers,
    Plat
    02-20-09 04:44 PM
    I really like the crossbar. I changed the background and this is now the best my storm has looked and functioned from the home screen!

Thanks!
    02-20-09 06:26 PM
    is there a way i can edit this theme to have calendar only today with the scroll at the bottom? i suck at making themes. i dont know how to set it to be able to change the bottom icons.. or add a scroll feature. ive tried reading things but dont unerstand how to do it. all i want is this today crossbar with 8 calendar events only, and the ability for the bottom to be any 7 or 9 icons i choose. can anyone help?
    02-20-09 10:32 PM
    Exactly what I've been looking for-good job!
    02-20-09 10:47 PM
    I like this one, very simple and clean. My call log will not show nor do my messages. Is there something I'm missing? Any chance you could do the crossbar thing in Landscape aswell?
    02-21-09 02:46 AM
    Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I've made a few changes that I think you will all like. Please let me know what you think!

• Combined both the Plus and the Crossbar animations
    • Reduced font sizes
    • Removed phone log
    • Increased number of sub entries for messages and calendar (5)
    • Used BlackBerry default wallpapers on lock screen.
    • Fixed icon issue where icon not refreshing (problem with WeatherBug / WeatherEye)
    • Fixed animation issue where focus on the same item moves crossbar again

Today Crossbar Plus! Theme

Thanks again to Caddyman for host all of these theme files. You Rock!
    02-22-09 05:46 PM
    It's great!
    Anyway, can you make the upper bar completely transparent (the bar contains clock, profile icon, ...)? It's better to show the underneath background.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 06:39 PM
    Awesome! This IS the perfect theme. Just what I have been looking for, Thanks!
    02-22-09 06:39 PM
    no prob dude, you can pester me ... lol if i am at a pc i can up the files no sweat.
    02-22-09 07:17 PM
    I am downloading now. I have DL a number of themes and find great things in each one. I wish I could find the ultimate theme. I think this might be pretty close to what I am looking for. I like Appleberry for its "bouncing icons", The iPhone theme from Music for his icons, iBerry Today plus for the today screen and I really think the bottom scrollers are handy. Just soooo many options out there. Keep up the good work and am looking forward to the updates.
    Last edited by jpyoung; 02-23-09 at 12:51 PM.
    02-23-09 12:48 PM
    I've been using the today plus with crossbar. I really like it but have one request, can this same theme be made limiting the cross bar to only 4 buttons vs scrolling? The problem I am experiencing is whenever I select a button, the bar automatically shifts to the left and the item is not selected, only highlighted. I personally like the larger font as well as having the "phone" log, though that does not seem to be popular with others.
    02-23-09 03:24 PM
    I've been using the today plus with crossbar. I really like it but have one request, can this same theme be made limiting the cross bar to only 4 buttons vs scrolling? The problem I am experiencing is whenever I select a button, the bar automatically shifts to the left and the item is not selected, only highlighted. I personally like the larger font as well as having the "phone" log, though that does not seem to be popular with others.
    Try this version. It maybe closer to what you want.
    Today Plus!
    02-23-09 07:03 PM
    I actually installed that version at about noon today....if you have time, explain a couple of things to me. Every now and then, the icons disappear and an arrow is present, of course touch the arrow and they appear. I can not for the life of me figure out why they are there sometimes and not others. Is there a way to hide them while the screen is active? Why does the arrow sit on top of the row of four occasionally?

I am sure these are simple answers, hinting towards me being an idiot

Again, really enjoy the theme
    02-23-09 10:18 PM
    Great theme. The BB looks stunning now.

Can you add meeting timeline: Start Time - End Time (at least Start Time) in the calendar along with the date.

Ninad.
    02-25-09 04:41 AM
    One more update for those who are using this theme. A few little improvments with the scrolling (smoother) and a big improvment with the slide away. Hope you like it and as always feedback is apreciated.

Today Crossbar Plus!

No screen shots as it looks pretty much the same. As always thanks to Caddyman for hosting the files.

Cheers,
    Plat
    02-27-09 01:26 PM
    Any chance for an OTA download for us Mac users? Theme looks really nice.
    02-27-09 02:10 PM
    Liking the new version dude, great work. I like the way the slider at the bottom operates now, much better IMO.
    02-27-09 02:17 PM
    Hi Plat. This would be sweet as a hidden today theme. Where you see the messages and calendar entries on the home screen when you highlight the respective button. Any chance of that? I am using the latest crossbar version.

Still an awesome theme. Grreat work!
    Last edited by rsmiff; 02-28-09 at 05:23 AM.
    02-28-09 04:40 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD