Donate:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ton_id=3281259

Hey everyone. I am working on a new theme called MetroBerry. I couldn't think of a great name and had the idea that the theme has a bit of a modern feel to it, almost like an upscale part of town. The majority of the icons are skinned, with others to follow.

Here's a small set of screen shots:

There is a Today area, as well as a touch button between it and the icons that will open the BB menu.

Cost: Free, but donations accepted and appreciated and bandwidth isn't always cheap. This theme is hosted on the same server my website is based from.

OTA: http://www.nicholascooper.net/crackb...erry_final.jad

Wallpaper
    : http://www.nicholascooper.net/crackb...ywallpaper.jpg

Current Version
    : 1.00 650KB

Updates in version:
    All icons are revamped, most converted mainly to grayscale with a few still colorized for importance.
    Dialog boxes fully skinned.
    All hidden images for call status skinned.
    Font set to default BBAlphaSans due to theme size with font inclusion.
    Changed the homescreen background to something different and less busy to flow better.
    All PNG files for theme have been compressed to maximum abilities.

Known Bugs as of 3/19/09:
    Mute button in call active screen disables after mute is activated, can be undone with mute button on top of BB to keep function.
    Some icons revert to defaults after export of theme.
    Going to 1 row will revert the wallpaper to default, link posted to wallpaper in jpg form so it can be stored on BB.

Issues not related to theme, but OS version:
    color banding on images, transparent images have slightly darker tint on dialogs.
    Last edited by tehnick; 03-19-09 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Updated theme with official rls of plazmic, took new screen shots.
    02-20-09 04:13 AM
    Love the backgrounds. Looks clean. Awesome job.
    02-20-09 04:28 AM
    nice theme. kinda reminds me of the appleberry a little
    02-20-09 07:59 AM
    nice them! the icons are great.
    02-20-09 08:15 AM
    Looks very clean. Installing it now.
    02-20-09 08:30 AM
    Just installed this and it looks great but I have seen one issue. In landscape view the black bar at the top stops about a 1/4" before the signal strength meter. I did a battery pull but it is still there, anyone else see this?
    02-20-09 09:00 AM
    Ooh, I like it. I just wish it only had one row on the home screen and text on the home screen so WeatherBug could display a temp.
    02-20-09 09:05 AM
    Very nice. I'm actually excited about this one.
    02-20-09 09:49 AM
    the calendar does not work with 1 row?
    02-20-09 09:51 AM
    Currently, all Today themes need to be set to the "2 row" view.
    02-20-09 10:05 AM
    Couple of comments:
    Contacts icon doesn't bounce like the others.

The order of the icons is screwy, in order to have the order on the 2 row view be the following:
    Row 1 -Messages, SMS, Contacts, Calendar
    Row 2 - Slacker, Flycast,Nav4all,BBM

I have to have the full view first two rows like this:
    Row 1 - BBM, Slacker, SMS, Flycast
    Row 2 - Nav4all, Messages, Calendar, Contacts

If that were fixed i would be very happy
    02-20-09 10:09 AM
    Just installed this and it looks great but I have seen one issue. In landscape view the black bar at the top stops about a 1/4" before the signal strength meter. I did a battery pull but it is still there, anyone else see this?
    It's there and happening to me too. I'm working on getting that fixed since it's annoying me a LOT.
    Couple of comments:
    Contacts icon doesn't bounce like the others.

The order of the icons is screwy, in order to have the order on the 2 row view be the following:
    Row 1 -Messages, SMS, Contacts, Calendar
    Row 2 - Slacker, Flycast,Nav4all,BBM

I have to have the full view first two rows like this:
    Row 1 - BBM, Slacker, SMS, Flycast
    Row 2 - Nav4all, Messages, Calendar, Contacts

If that were fixed i would be very happy
    I am trying to make it to where the theme doesn't modify any icons so you can keep your icons the same. I have a fairly unorthodox arrangement on my home screen and that part isn't working right for me either. As I get the bugs worked out I will update the OTA to reflect changes once I test it on my phone.
    Last edited by tehnick; 02-20-09 at 02:17 PM.
    02-20-09 02:12 PM
    I have downloaded quite a few themes from all these Talented and creative theme designers...... but i must say that THIS is the only theme that lacks the bugs, i am running .99, and all the other great themes have a few bugs, mainly in my case with the phone app/caller id. This my friend, so far is bug free for me. Other than some design issues mentioned above.......great work.

Thank you
    02-20-09 06:13 PM
    How much space does it use?
    02-20-09 06:25 PM
    link not working.
    02-20-09 06:35 PM
    I know this sounds crazy, but how do you download these OTA themes? I really like the theme but can't seem to down load it. Can someone please help me out. Thanks in advance!!
    02-20-09 07:11 PM
    I know this sounds crazy, but how do you download these OTA themes? I really like the theme but can't seem to down load it. Can someone please help me out. Thanks in advance!!
    type the OTA download link into your blackberry browser and navigate. it should then ask you if you want to download the theme.
    02-20-09 07:15 PM
    nice theme man! i love it very clean and not too busy. good work!
    02-20-09 07:31 PM
    clean and crisp! nice work !
    02-20-09 07:39 PM
    I downloaded it and I love it! I just have one stupid question, how do you get the calendar to show up on the home screen?
    02-20-09 07:44 PM
    this theme looks dope!.
    02-20-09 07:59 PM
    I downloaded it and I love it! I just have one stupid question, how do you get the calendar to show up on the home screen?
    it should just populate. some people may need to reorganize their icons after installing a theme, but the good thing is that once an update is available you can just replace the theme and it should retain settings like icon placement.
    02-20-09 08:41 PM
    Slight theme update everyone. The OTA link has been refreshed. There is also a beta available for anyone who wishes to try it. The beta is pretty much the testing builds between the time I feel a full update to the theme is needed as a refresher. If interested in testing, send me a PM and I will discuss details with you.

Current Version: 2009.02.20.1829
    Version numbers reflect year, month, day, and time in 24hr format. This should help differentiate a new build from an older one.
    Last edited by tehnick; 02-20-09 at 09:02 PM.
    02-20-09 08:51 PM
    The OTA link doesn't seem to be working.
    02-20-09 09:03 PM
    The OTA link doesn't seem to be working.
    should be working now, sorry.
    02-20-09 09:12 PM
82 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD