3/21 --

Cartoonista 0.21 is now available! Please visit http://www.themestorm.net on your 95xx's browser to grab the theme OTA. It'd also be pretty cool if you could rate it

Please: Donate!

FAQ

Problem: I can't download the theme! It says redirecting!
    Solution: Refresh the page; it should work. If it does not, please post in here to let me know. Make sure you are using either Opera Mini or the standard browser on your BlackBerry Storm 95xx!

Problem: Can I change which 5 icons show up on the homescreen?
    Solution: Yes! The first five icons will show up on the homescreen.

Problem: The theme is running slowly!
    Solution: Do a battery pull, go through the menus/lock screen etc. Once the theme has been "loaded" into the active memory by the Storm, it should be smooth.

Problem: HEY! The folders aren't skinned!!
    Solution: They are. There is a bug with the Storm. To solve it, rename your folders (or name them as something, then name them back).

Problem: My SMS and Messages are combined, but I want them to be two different icons!
    Solution: Open up "Messages," hit your BB button and go to "Options." Go to general configuration, and under the option for SMS/Messages, change "Theme Controlled" to "Separate."

Problem: I can't change the wallpaper!
    Solution: Unfortunately, the wallpaper is as-is in the current version. There were some problems being caused when the wallpaper was assigned as a background; to work-around the issues I was forced to put the wallpaper into the SVG itself.

3/20 --

I've canned the old screens for the newest set of screens, which now much more accurately represents what the skin will look like. The screens are taken directly from my BlackBerry 9530 running v4.7.109!

Donation Link: Donate!

3/19 --

Added a screenshot of the active call screen.

Functionality > Looks. I will be changing the font so it does not match the screenshots below. The current font does not support underscore, among other symbols (degree is important for WeatherBug!). Update: I've found a suitable replacement; it's also easier to read.

Screenshot of the lock screen with the new font:

3/18 --

I want to introduce to you guys the current theme that I am working on...Cartoonista!

I plan to have it entirely skinned. There are minor things which still need skinning but I've skinned most of everything including applications, dialog box icons, status meters, etc.

Attached are a couple screenshots of how the various screens should somewhat look like. Basically, my goal is this: anything that can be skinned, will be skinned.

I'm looking to finish the skin in the next couple of days, I've already spent wayy too many hours on it haha. As usual, the theme will be FREE, and I will provide an OTA download when it is complete.

If you are kind enough to donate (any amount is appreciated), I will gladly send you copies of the theme before releasing it to the public, and if you have any feedback for me about the theme after using it, I would be glad to take that into consideration before releasing a final version. Donations or not everyone will receive the final version in due time for FREE!

Last edited by theconfused1; 03-21-09 at 01:38 PM.
    03-18-09 08:13 PM
    If you can skin applications and download folder, you got a winner.
    03-18-09 08:24 PM
    That looks really nice. I envy you theme makers.
    03-18-09 08:26 PM
    If you can skin applications and download folder, you got a winner.
    I don't think we can, unfortunately. If plazmic would let us do that I'd definitely love to!

That looks really nice. I envy you theme makers.
    Thank you!
    03-18-09 08:29 PM
    This is adorable AND clean...very nice work!
    03-18-09 08:32 PM
    I want it! =]
    03-18-09 09:02 PM
    Very clean. I like it. Just how big will the theme be with all the skinning?
    03-18-09 09:05 PM
    Very clean. I like it. Just how big will the theme be with all the skinning?
    probably around 1.3-1.4mb tops (hopefully). it ran fine in the simulator but on my bb things seem to be too large (i believe this is the reason some transparencies are slightly off color -- someone please correct me if i'm wrong) so im going to try to strip filesizes where possible and that should take care of it. it's 1.2mb at the moment, but most of the skinning is done.
    03-18-09 09:14 PM
    this theme is very cute
    03-18-09 09:16 PM
    thanks for all of the supportive comments
    03-18-09 10:42 PM
    Looks awesome!
    03-18-09 10:52 PM
    Looks Great! Can't wait.
    03-18-09 11:52 PM
    Holy WOW.. Amazing work! A great theme and a first that I can see as a premium 'cartoon-esque' genre theme! Keep it up!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 12:19 AM
    A very clever looking theme.
    I like it.
    Looking forward to the final product.
    03-19-09 12:23 AM
    that looks sick. will it have hidden today? also are the 5 icons on the main screen supposed to be the first five in the main menu?

its kinda funny how you just attracted more females than i have seen in alot of other threads. lol
    03-19-09 12:43 AM
    that looks sick. will it have hidden today? also are the 5 icons on the main screen supposed to be the first five in the main menu?
    thanks! no plans for hidden today right now at least...don't know where i'd put it..since the icons at the bottom come up when you select them anyway, and i forgot to have the app name displayed in the screens (it'll be there though). & yes they are the first five -- pick and choose!

its kinda funny how you just attracted more females than i have seen in alot of other threads. lol
    i noticed the same; i don't mind! whoever likes it

and again thanks to everyone for the positive feedback
    03-19-09 01:03 AM
    one more picture to add to the bunch - active call screen.

Also, as much as I love the blue bar at the bottom of the homescreen, I may need to get rid of it for the sake of the BB's limitations -- I want the theme to look good on the BB, I don't care how it's "supposed" to look. If it looks nice the way it's "supposed" to look but doesn't look nice on the BB, that doesn't cut it. I'll miss it .

Also, that's it for tonight..I'm exhausted...3 AM..haha.
    Last edited by theconfused1; 03-19-09 at 02:06 AM.
    03-19-09 02:03 AM
    Awesome theme! Will there be a different color beside grey for the highlights on the third picture?
    03-19-09 04:22 AM
    one more picture to add to the bunch - active call screen.

Also, as much as I love the blue bar at the bottom of the homescreen, I may need to get rid of it for the sake of the BB's limitations -- I want the theme to look good on the BB, I don't care how it's "supposed" to look. If it looks nice the way it's "supposed" to look but doesn't look nice on the BB, that doesn't cut it. I'll miss it .

Also, that's it for tonight..I'm exhausted...3 AM..haha.
    you could just photoshop it into the default wallpaper
    03-19-09 04:35 AM
    very nice theme gj
    03-19-09 04:37 AM
    Awesome theme! Will there be a different color beside grey for the highlights on the third picture?
    not at the moment but i may think about it.

you could just photoshop it into the default wallpaper
    it was in the default wallpaper, but there were transparency issues with the icons because of what i believe to be memory usage limits (for the individual icons). i will attempt a fix later. it's not exactly transparency -- i'm not sure how to describe it.
    03-19-09 04:46 AM
    Very nice!!!thank you
    03-19-09 05:52 AM
    Didn't see the 'Cartoonista' theme on that website, is it not ready yet?
    03-19-09 07:34 AM
    Didn't see the 'Cartoonista' theme on that website, is it not ready yet?
    I also can't find it on your site, but I like it very much. Of course, I'm female...
    03-19-09 08:04 AM
    This looks like it's going to be SICK! Very nice work. Can't wait for this one.
    The only aspect I'm a little skeptical about it the central location of the time/date on the home screen. Might not work with a lot of wallpapers.
    03-19-09 10:49 AM
131 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD