UPDATE March 26

Just a minor change to the voice mail indicator in the banner. Previously it was nearly impossible to see, but now hopefully it's easier on the eyes.

Let me know if you see any other problems.

__________________________________________________ _______________

I've just finished my first attempt at a hidden dock theme, and I thought I'd share with the masses. The theme uses the default icons, and allows 10 icons to be displayed on the home screen. 5 icons are always visible along the bottom of the screen, and 5 icons are located on a hidden dock that slides onto the top of the screen from the left. Sorry for the boring background...I figure most of you change it anyway.

I know there are many of these themes floating around now, but hopefully some of you will find that this one meets your needs. Check out the screen shots below if you're interested. There's an OTA link a little further down the post.

Features:
    • 10 default icons available on the home screen that "shake" when touched
    • 5 permanent, customizable icons located at the bottom of the home screen
    • 5 customizable icons on a "hidden dock" that slides in from the left at the top of the home screen
    • "Hidden Dock" hides when you touch the middle of the screen but not when you touch other icons or the profiles button, and "hidden dock" shows when you touch the home screen just beneath the banner
    • Clicking the middle of the home screen launches the Application Menu (just like the default theme)
    • Clicking the clock in the home screen banner launches the Clock application
    • Clicking the network/signal strength icons in the home screen banner launches the Manage Connections application
    • Hidden today feature, allowing you to see your 10 most recent Emails/SMSs/Calendar events
    • Very small in size (less than 200KB) with no lag

If you like this theme, please donate!

Any feedback - good or bad - is always appreciated.

You can download the theme OTA here.

Home screen with the hidden dock off screen

Home screen with hidden dock off screen and hidden today displayed

Home screen with the hidden dock displayed

Home screen with the hidden dock and hidden today displayed

Application screen
    Last edited by cozper; 03-26-09 at 02:26 AM.
    03-13-09 03:43 AM
    I've updated the size of the Hidden Today font. Feel free to download the latest version using the same link.

Thanks, and let me know if you see any problems.
    Last edited by cozper; 03-13-09 at 05:09 PM.
    03-13-09 11:53 AM
    Thanks man looks spiffy
    03-13-09 03:54 PM
    BAM! I needed this. You just made my weekend.
    03-13-09 04:28 PM
    sick rockin it now. i must say im impressed. This ones a keeper i reccommend it to all. Keep it up
    03-13-09 04:53 PM
    I love the top slide!

These slides have been a great idea but most of them lag quite a bit. The one touch and the entire row slides in is a great idea!

Simple, but useful. Good job!
    03-13-09 05:30 PM
    For those that have downloaded this theme, I'm considering rearranging the banners a little bit. I'd like the time to be displayed larger...maybe where the date currently is displayed. What do you think?
    03-15-09 12:21 AM
    For those that have downloaded this theme, I'm considering rearranging the banners a little bit. I'd like the time to be displayed larger...maybe where the date currently is displayed. What do you think?
    It would be nice to have a little bit bigger time showing. I do use the time feature on my Storm quite a bit.

So far I have been very impressed with the low amount of memory use/leak with this theme.
    03-15-09 12:36 AM
    I like simple themes like this.

Great job.
    03-15-09 01:23 AM
    Very nice! Yes; larger clock would be great.

Also, there's currently a slight difference in screen positioning of common icons/elements between the Home and Applications screens. So toggling between the two would show, say, the date move slightly. Nitpicking here, though.

Thanks!
    03-15-09 02:59 AM
    How do you show hidden today? Been trying to work it out for 15minutes lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 08:24 AM
    How do you show hidden today? Been trying to work it out for 15minutes lol

Do you mean within this theme? If so, then make sure your calendar or messages or SMS icon is on the home screen (one of the first 10 icons in your application screen), and then "touch" the icon (don't click).

Touching the calendar icon will display your 10 next appointments. Touching the Messages or SMS icons will only display unread emails/SMSs.
    03-15-09 10:27 AM
    UPDATE!

Alright, I've updated the banners so that the clock is bigger than before and the icons don't "move" when switching screens.

Clicking the clock still launches the Clock Application and clicking the signal still launches the Manage Connections Application.

Let me know if you see any problems.
    03-15-09 12:42 PM
    Ah got ya.

Update is mint. Any way of.changing the lock screen?

Possibly the simpleist most easy to use theme out at the mo

03-15-09 07:23 PM
    I like this theme, but can you add a highlight on the icon when you select it like on the BB Bold? Same when its in Menu mode instead of a blue line under the icon?
    03-15-09 08:24 PM
    im using this theme right now and i love it, one thing though is that in the app menu, scrolling is a little slow, and i agree with the post before me, it would be really cool if the icon highlighted like the icons on the bold.
    03-17-09 09:32 PM
    Best theme out there by far. Pay or free, this is the best I've seen. It has everything. The scrolling function, hidden today feature, and ten icons on the home screen plus the clock and media connections. There is no need to use the menu screen ever again! Also, its so simple when the top bar is hidden and there is so much room for wallpaper. The only thing I would change is the lock screen to all black or even to the default wallpaper you used. That would look nice on the lock screen. Other than that, perfect theme. Very nice work and thank you
    03-17-09 10:11 PM
    I never thought I would ever change the theme for my Storm but this theme is great! Nicely done man.

Recommendations:
    - Icons become highlighted
    - Maybe allow us to change the color of the font that pops up in the middle of the screen. This would make the icons more visible if we are using a background where the white doesn't show up as well
    - Change the lock screen to all black or default wallpaper.
    Last edited by forest gospel; 03-17-09 at 11:23 PM.
    03-17-09 11:16 PM
    Holy **** I love this theme! Just what I was looking for!

BIG thumbs up and THANK YOU!
    03-17-09 11:35 PM
    Also, I just noticed that if I open up a text in portrait mode and then tilt it to go into landscape it doesn't display the message but instead the normal landscape menu.
    03-17-09 11:59 PM
    Also, I just noticed that if I open up a text in portrait mode and then tilt it to go into landscape it doesn't display the message but instead the normal landscape menu.
    Yeah, I've noticed this too. As far as I know, this is not something I can fix. However, the theme was made using the beta version of Plazmic, so maybe once I update it using the final version this will be addressed.

And, just to keep you all in the loop, I will be updating the theme using the final version of Plazmic some time this week. I'd like to do it tomorrow as I'm leaving town for a couple days after that, but I'm not sure I'll have time to get to it.
    03-18-09 12:53 AM
    An update would be wonderful. But don't rush yourself and enjoy the week.
    03-18-09 01:15 AM
    if it wouldnt cause lag.. trying to have the hidden dock contain 10 or even 15 icons would be awesome.. maybe trying another version without the hidden today would fix some lag? either way theme rocks i'm still using it.. this and bliss are my favorites hands down. changing the color of the selection highlight from blue to another color would give it more of a custom feel.... just sayin
    03-18-09 02:01 PM
    Just started using this, and it's a killer theme, very nice work!
    03-18-09 02:20 PM
    just downloaded. this is great. thanks for your hard work. just a few suggestions -

could the lock screen simply display the wallpaper we are using? - like the default theme does (this may have not been possible using the beta version, curious if it is in with the final)

did you try having the bottom dock all the way at the bottom with the text appearing above? it just looks a little odd to me to have the icons "hovering" over a blank space when one isn't selected / text isn't displayed
    03-18-09 03:19 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD