This is the message that appears on top of chats. I have a BBM enterprise license, but all of my contacts are consumer bbm. I created all of the groups so that they are encrypted. I don't have any bbm enterprise contacts.

Question for those who do:

If you switch bbm enterprise to a different device, will it retrieve/rebuild chats or group chats if the other participant(s) are also enterprise subscribers? Or is it just like it is with bbm consumer accounts in that everything is gone?
    03-14-19 10:26 AM
    Ya I'm a bit confused with this as well.

I made a small test group, everyone with an E pin. Works well, then I go to use the desktop version and the group chat doesn't appear.

Only on mobile where I first set it up.
    04-22-19 06:52 PM
    Hi,

There are certain conditions in order for a 1:1 or group chat to be accessible from multiple devices where you signed into BBMe (up to 5, but if you reach the limit you can drop/delete some of the existing ones)

The conditions are:

1:1 chat - your contact must be running BBMe app not a consumer BBM.
    Group chat - the first / initial group of participant/s used to create a group chat must be running BBMe.

Otherwise, the chats created will only be accessible from what is called a "primary device". The app will ask you to designate one. If you decide down the road switch the primary device, the chats will not follow you there unless they satisfy the condition a listed above.

Bottom line: it is transparent and simple if all your contacts are (or eventually are) BBMe ones.
    dusdal, CBKevin and app_Developer like this.
    04-22-19 11:07 PM
    Hi,

There are certain conditions in order for a 1:1 or group chat to be accessible from multiple devices where you signed into BBMe (up to 5, but if you reach the limit you can drop/delete some of the existing ones)

The conditions are:

1:1 chat - your contact must be running BBMe app not a consumer BBM.
    Group chat - the first / initial group of participant/s used to create a group chat must be running BBMe.

Otherwise, the chats created will only be accessible from what is called a "primary device". The app will ask you to designate one. If you decide down the road switch the primary device, the chats will not follow you there unless they satisfy the condition a listed above.

Bottom line: it is transparent and simple if all your contacts are (or eventually are) BBMe ones.
    This is why the group limitation confused me, because we are all E pins. Yet the group doesn't appear on my secondary device, in this case my PC.

I'll have to try creating it again and see if it works on all devices.

Either way, thanks for the post. Very helpful.
    04-22-19 11:17 PM
    my OP was prior to the recent major changes.

as for my question, I set my son up with BBMe (I was already an enterprise subscriber) on his personal phone. after adding his new pin as a contact, I sent a message. then, I installed and logged into BBMe on his work phone using the same BlackBerry id as his personal. my message appeared there too.
    04-24-19 07:55 PM
    E3E748A2
    04-25-19 11:56 AM
    BBMe to BBM chat is not replicated across multiple devices.
    If you’re chatting with a contact who is on the consumer one, then that chat is only local to the phone you started your chat from. Hope that explains
    04-29-19 06:04 AM