I own a small ICT firm and currently using hosted BES 10 with BBM Protect enabled. Unfortunately I am the only one provisioned on BES 10 so I can't do much with others in my firm. I would like to see how BBM protect works. Can anyone using BBM Protect share his or her BBM pin with me so I can see how it works. Anyone interested should please send me a PM.

Thanks

Posted via the Crackberry 10 App
    devin266 likes this.
    10-02-14 12:57 PM
    Hopefully you can get someone to help you with this.
    10-09-14 09:08 AM
    I don't have BES10, but do you have to be in same company to connect with BBM Protected?
    10-10-14 12:02 PM
    I don't have BES10, but do you have to be in same company to connect with BBM Protected?
    No it works for anyone in different organizations but you both have to be on Bes and have BBM protected enabled on your companys BES and have shared a pass key between the of you so you can enjoy hardcore encryption of your conversation

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    10-14-14 10:48 PM
    I own a small ICT firm and currently using hosted BES 10 with BBM Protect enabled. Unfortunately I am the only one provisioned on BES 10 so I can't do much with others in my firm. I would like to see how BBM protect works. Can anyone using BBM Protect share his or her BBM pin with me so I can see how it works. Anyone interested should please send me a PM.

Thanks

It works EXACTLY like normal BBM. The only difference that you will see is that if you initiate a BBM chat with someone also on BBM Protected you will be prompted to accept a system generated password (or change it to something else). Password has to be 5 characters followed by a space followed by another 5 characters. All characters in caps. You share the password with the other person outside of BBM. When the other person attempts to read the chat, they are prompted for the password. Once authenticated, BBM acts like unprotected BBM. BBM Protected chats are in blue font.

BBM Protected works for BBM Groups as well.

Again, except for a few visual clues, BBM Protected works just like normal BBM.
    10-17-14 12:07 AM
    It works EXACTLY like normal BBM. The only difference that you will see is that if you initiate a BBM chat with someone also on BBM Protected you will be prompted to accept a system generated password (or change it to something else). Password has to be 5 characters followed by a space followed by another 5 characters. All characters in caps. You share the password with the other person outside of BBM. When the other person attempts to read the chat, they are prompted for the password. Once authenticated, BBM acts like unprotected BBM. BBM Protected chats are in blue font.

BBM Protected works for BBM Groups as well.

Again, except for a few visual clues, BBM Protected works just like normal BBM.
    Hmm. A fixed password scheme, I don't understand why they went this route as its obviously a weakness.

XXXXX_XXXXX

Why not just put a minimum of X characters on it?

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 05:47 AM
    I wonder why all the plenty characters as password. Anyways please someone should send me private message with his or her pin so I can add the person.

Thank you

10-23-14 01:25 PM
    Nice wan

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 04:08 AM
    I wonder why all the plenty characters as password. Anyways please someone should send me private message with his or her pin so I can add the person.

Thank you

A bit late, but I have BBM Protected...

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 09:05 PM
    Hmm. A fixed password scheme, I don't understand why they went this route as its obviously a weakness.

XXXXX_XXXXX

Why not just put a minimum of X characters on it?

Posted via CB10
    Keep in mind that there is also an auto passphrase feature that allows you to initiate BBM Protected conversations without manually entering passphrases. The exchange is seamless and automatic if you add the entitlement inside the Enterprise Identity console.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! 
    04-29-15 07:02 AM
    Where is the buy bbn protected subscription?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 09:56 AM
    Where is the buy bbn protected subscription?

Posted via CB10
    Here's a great guide on how to get started.

https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne...bbm-protected/

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! 
    04-29-15 07:28 PM